Nutrients CannabisMingus' Grow Dots - Coco - Autopot experiment

After processing everyone's comments, I think I'm going to flush. It's the day for my weekly Recharge so I may do a flush with RODI (pH and yuca) to about 25% runoff and then hit it with Recharge. As @Dankerson stated, probably won't hurt.

My plant with grow dots on an SIP ran into similar problems. Taking it off the reservoir and watering with heavy runoff did help but the problem kept coming back. I eventually took it off the reservoir altogether and finished her like normal drain to waste coco. It was not ideal, but the plant still did well in the end.

After processing everyone's comments, I think I'm going to flush. It's the day for my weekly Recharge so I may do a flush with RODI (pH and yuca) to about 25% runoff and then hit it with Recharge. As @Dankerson stated, probably won't hurt.
I would do that to, but don't let them sit in the drainwater

Just thinking out loud with you here, won't the flush increase the amount of nutrients? Dissolve more of the dots faster and worsen the problem? I would probably do the flush anyways and see if it doesn't remove what's already released and balance it back out a bit.

I have emailed the company twice asking about preferred mediums, strains, auto/photo, just a few basic questions but never got a reply.

Just thinking out loud with you here, won't the flush increase the amount of nutrients? Dissolve more of the dots faster and worsen the problem? I would probably do the flush anyways and see if it doesn't remove what's already released and balance it back out a bit.

I have emailed the company twice asking about preferred mediums, strains, auto/photo, just a few basic questions but never got a reply.
The breakdown of the grow dots is supposed to be activated by temperature, so additional watering doesn’t have any impact on nutrient release.

I am worried that will make it worse. I don't think it's a Zn def per se but more likely a lockout due to excess P?

I thought it was going to be Mg lockout myself as well, as that is pretty much the one thing I see in my indoor grows. So that's like my number one got to response.

I'm also a let's see what happens more-on sometimes too though. My experience with osmocote type products, as we spoke in the past, has always been outdoors with veggies and they always seemed to dissolve/dissipate sooner than stated leading to the need to supplement. I've never tried them on canna, much less an auto.

I tend to have way more product on hand than I can ever use due to my love of growing. Point being, depends on how you feel about really digging in and playing. Sacrifice vs saving. Of course we all hate to lose a plant not to mention the time, energy and $$$.

DCL has a point. Supposedly heat is what dissipates the osmocote type products, not water. I don't know if I necessarily believe that though entirely. If you do flush you may create an abundance at one time? Dunno how or if that is necessarily a bad thing. You would have to run water through it for a good while.

I'm partially talking out of my ass here.

Hope it straightens it out for you man. Interested to see how it goes as I used 25g grow dots per 1 gallon of soil and I have a feeling mine has started to show similar issues.

Back