Indoor Bud Beast LED Test

and your water is excellent, practically like RO/Di
yeah i think its just a higher ph here ill have to verify tomorrow evening when the new pH meters get here
... bubbling the water only, or the nute solution?
bubbling water only nute solution stays in 1-2 gal buckets with no agitation unless it goes into my res which has a small pump circulating the nute mixture this naturally raises pH some and after pHing maybe 1-2 more times it stays solid
.. see how fast it went down after some flushing! -how much did you put through? :greencheck: - a note I read about coco flushing: never just pure water as you know,.. use RO/Di (or low ppm) water, with 150ppm Ca-Mg plus 150ppm nutes, pH 6.0; pour through until pH/ppm's are at or near input values,.. this preserves the CEC, while purging the excess crap,....
so i did some digging on canna's website and found that initial runoff can be high due to coco dust and should be rinsed easily hence the ppms dropping so fast. i put about 1.5 gals threw it maybe not much as i would expect from a initial 1250ppm runoff . wheew!:thumbsup:
remember with RO/Di/low ppm water, there's little to no carbonates in there to buffer, so even small inputs will cause large swings in pH,... I assume it took tiny amounts to adjust it down!
yeah my water is really sensitive to ph down when there is little ppm/nutes in it lol
uhhh, what brand pH meter? I'm not familiar with some of them, like the cheapo-units-- if this is one of them,... two calibration points is best for good meters, but shouldn't jump back and forth like that, mirroring your adjustments at each point..? Mine hasn't done this, it's a middle level one, so I don't know what to make of it other then it's a design flaw in economy models,...:shrug:
its just a cheapo one brotha. here is the 2 new ones(still cheapo's lol) i got until i can afford a more expensive one. gonna be like 2-4 weeks.
Amazon product
Amazon product
i figured having 2 will help me be able to make sure my feed pH is correct:eyebrows:
and im not sure what you mean by mirroring my adjustments.
As it reads, it implies you're submerging the A8 into liquids..?
:funny: no thats the reading from the coco substrate:laughcry: sorry for the misunderstanding my friend:hippy:

ok so @Waira @Wile e Peyote @blue so it turns out my 7.0 calibration solution is not correct. i have had this bottle for about -1.5 years now and its pretty much empty so im pretty sure that was the culprit.(the 4.0 i have is almost full so thats why i think that was a more accurate method of calibration previously) i calibrated the new ones in the powder that they send with the meters and mixed it with water to get the 6.86(i think that's what it was) and the 4.01 and they are fully calibrated now. so what i did was mix up a feed at 5.7 and fed a cup full of NEW coco and perlite. when i used my A8 to test the substrate it read 5.8 so im happy with that! :woohoo:i will double check it again tomorrow to verify:pop:

:pass: ...haaaa, :doh:, I should have asked that myself about the calb. soln.'s,... I keep mine in the fridge, a smaller separate mini-tupperware one for "used" but still good soln. (prevents cross contamination), and let them warm up before use,....
:thumbsup:- good on the new gear and dialing in! .... so, do you think that older bag of coco was just crappy? I have to admit, coco dust as a source of ppm kinda surprises me,... It's not like they're actual ions after all,... but I guess with their powerful CEC binding capacity, the register as ions,... super tiny bits still studded with bound cations? :shrug:
..oh, my "mirroring your adjustments", I meant that when you tested, were off by 0.4, adjusted, then test in the other pH solution, you were off there by 0.4- :doh:

:pass: ...haaaa, :doh:, I should have asked that myself about the calb. soln.'s,... I keep mine in the fridge, a smaller separate mini-tupperware one for "used" but still good soln. (prevents cross contamination), and let them warm up before use,....
:thumbsup:- good on the new gear and dialing in! .... so, do you think that older bag of coco was just crappy? I have to admit, coco dust as a source of ppm kinda surprises me,... It's not like they're actual ions after all,... but I guess with their powerful CEC binding capacity, the register as ions,... super tiny bits still studded with bound cations? :shrug:
..oh, my "mirroring your adjustments", I meant that when you tested, were off by 0.4, adjusted, then test in the other pH solution, you were off there by 0.4- :doh:
ive just kept this bottle in the grow room next to the nutes. guess ill make sure to keep a fresh bottle on hand.
well i dont think there was anything wrong with the coco:crying: just my meter always being calibrated .3 over because the new meters that are ACTUALLY calibrated stated that the 7.0 was 6.7 so therfore my old meter i was using was .3 over on every feeding thats why when i "fed low and played the swing as i called it" the plants looked healthy and praying to the LED.:doh:
now with this problem seemingly under control i can seriously get back to growing respectable plants. Thanks for your help and time @Waira :pighug:

ok guys so the test with the coco/perlite and the new calibrated pH meter went AMAZINGLY well!
substrate pH is 5.8! we are GO FOR GROWING AGAIN!!!! god that was a rough lesson to learn but i did learn! i will keep better care of my calibration solution and TRIPLE check my calibration if i ever see anything wrong pH wise again:shooty:
HUGE sorry to Cultivate Tech about my Mishap im just glad its all finally under control:thumbsup:

ok guys so the test with the coco/perlite and the new calibrated pH meter went AMAZINGLY well!
substrate pH is 5.8! we are GO FOR GROWING AGAIN!!!! god that was a rough lesson to learn but i did learn! i will keep better care of my calibration solution and TRIPLE check my calibration if i ever see anything wrong pH wise again:shooty:
HUGE sorry to Cultivate Tech about my Mishap im just glad its all finally under control[emoji106]
Glad your sorted trip buy cheap buy twice dude i had one of those cheap yellow meters chucked it in the bin after 2 weeks bought a blue lab pH pen 3 years and still going strong i test it every 6 months still not out of wack best £60 i spent [emoji106]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Glad your sorted trip buy cheap buy twice dude i had one of those cheap yellow meters chucked it in the bin after 2 weeks bought a blue lab pH pen 3 years and still going strong i test it every 6 months still not out of wack best £60 i spent [emoji106]

i have a blue lab ph meter and it wont calibrate anymore:shrug:. thats why im using the cheap ones :funny:
i have their ppm meter also thats the ppm meter i use daily. i bout the box set with both in it for like $130-150 i think it was:shrug:

I bought the blue lab combo meter about two years ago zero issues but rarely ever use it :crying: packed in a box lol with brand new probe inside case..

i have a blue lab ph meter and it wont calibrate anymore:shrug:. thats why im using the cheap ones :funny:
i have their ppm meter also thats the ppm meter i use daily. i bout the box set with both in it for like $130-150 i think it was:shrug:
The first one i got did that sent it back the replacement has been spot on when it packs in going to spend some doe on the combo one with replacement probes cost a fair bit but should last a good few years [emoji106]

I bought the blue lab combo meter about two years ago zero issues but rarely ever use it :crying: packed in a box lol with brand new probe inside case..
if its getting too lonely i have some good use for it over here lol:pass:

The first one i got did that sent it back the replacement has been spot on when it packs in going to spend some doe on the combo one with replacement probes cost a fair bit but should last a good few years [emoji106]

yeah ive heard blue lab has their fair share of prolems but when you get a good one your good to go! that will be my next purchase that i will save up for for sure. i think they are $300 over here

Back