Indoor Bud Beast LED Test

Yea trip thats a powerful light i bet they take off now. Would you consider a humidifier?
Im struggling with low rh now too.
I keep misting the seedling with a spray bottle with sm90 a few times a day.

Then summer comes and i cant get feckin rh down!
yeah sang i have 2 humidifiers and hang 2 wet towels in the tent and thats getting me to 30%. i need money for another humidifier bad!

yeah sang i have 2 humidifiers and hang 2 wet towels in the tent and thats getting me to 30%. i need money for another humidifier bad!
if you got your extraction going its gona suck all the humidity out maybe try 15 mins on 15 mins off to being uop the RH

ok guys so last night i took a much needed heavy Trip of psychedelics and that made me come to the realization that this whole time i have been too reliant on chasing pH and numbers and not been "reading" the plants like i used to... So what this was doing is me constantly watering to change the pH of the coco and causing over watering and other deficiencies associated with over watering. When actually the plants NEVER showed signs of deficiencies from pH just drooping from being over watered .
see i forgot COCO is kinda a "Smart" medium and has the ability to store nutes and wash out excess that the plant needs or dont needs and coco buffers itself to keep it in the proper range of 5.5-6.2 to allow the plant to uptake the nutes. also its like a sponge and holds tons of water!
in the solo cups i would water them and the next day they were light so i thought they needed watering but the coco was still on the moist side and actually didnt need watering. this is the shortened version that i came up with in my head wile in my trip and it just hit me like a TON OF BRICKS! i just started laughing hysterically at how silly of a mess up i created for myself.:funny:

so with all this said i have started new seeds to be the 2nd grow under the Bud Beast.
ALL NEW UNRELEASED STRAINS!

if you got your extraction going its gona suck all the humidity out maybe try 15 mins on 15 mins off to being uop the RH
i have it down to about 45% power and temps at 78-83*F but with all my lighting in there i cant afford to turn it off from time to time it would get too hot i fear.

ok guys so last night i took a much needed heavy Trip of psychedelics and that made me come to the realization that this whole time i have been too reliant on chasing pH and numbers and not been "reading" the plants like i used to... So what this was doing is me constantly watering to change the pH of the coco and causing over watering and other deficiencies associated with over watering. When actually the plants NEVER showed signs of deficiencies from pH just drooping from being over watered .
see i forgot COCO is kinda a "Smart" medium and has the ability to store nutes and wash out excess that the plant needs or dont needs and coco buffers itself to keep it in the proper range of 5.5-6.2 to allow the plant to uptake the nutes. also its like a sponge and holds tons of water!
in the solo cups i would water them and the next day they were light so i thought they needed watering but the coco was still on the moist side and actually didnt need watering. this is the shortened version that i came up with in my head wile in my trip and it just hit me like a TON OF BRICKS! i just started laughing hysterically at how silly of a mess up i created for myself.:funny:

so with all this said i have started new seeds to be the 2nd grow under the Bud Beast.
ALL NEW UNRELEASED STRAINS!

i have it down to about 45% power and temps at 78-83*F but with all my lighting in there i cant afford to turn it off from time to time it would get too hot i fear.
you ever try the damp towel thing hang one up in the room should help out untill you get another humidifier :pass:

Okay guys so since I have this ironed out now I'm going to show you an example of how I was driving myself crazy. So I backed off watering on this plant and just been putting in 5.8 feed and I'm not "playing" any pH swing(i.e. feed at 5.5 to get a substrate pH of 5.8) and the A8 probe says that the coco is 6.4 but the plant is praying and looking healthy... I don't understand it but I'm going with it @pop22 lol
20180211_121441.jpg
20180211_121433.jpg
20180211_121423.jpg
20180211_121415.jpg

the ph accuracy of that meter is about the same as sticking your finger in the coco and guessing..........I'd NEVER use that meter for ph reading!

Okay guys so since I have this ironed out now I'm going to show you an example of how I was driving myself crazy. So I backed off watering on this plant and just been putting in 5.8 feed and I'm not "playing" any pH swing(i.e. feed at 5.5 to get a substrate pH of 5.8) and the A8 probe says that the coco is 6.4 but the plant is praying and looking healthy... I don't understand it but I'm going with it @pop22 lolView attachment 863126 View attachment 863128 View attachment 863129 View attachment 863130

the ph accuracy of that meter is about the same as sticking your finger in the coco and guessing..........I'd NEVER use that meter for ph reading!
it works in my pro-mix tho pop lol.. it says plants are right at 6.2 in promix and they are happy as can be!? @Waira highly recommends it and it has helped me a great deal but i dont know what its problem with this coco is :funny:
but now that im back to reading my plants @pop22 i will only use it when i see major problems for the most part... as long as my pH mter for feeding is calibrated and on we shouldnt have any problems and i can get back to growing big sexy girls:dancer: i CANNOT WAIT

these past cpl months have really drained my ego as a grower and i really need to get back to growing like i did before this fiasco
this is the size of plants i normally grow, with the proper genetics of course:yeah:
This was my last coco run before I took a break from it. Memphisto sour alien livers harvested in october-2017
DSCN8131.JPG

:zen:

Last edited:
figured i would take some pics of the girls under the bud beast. so this is 1 powerful light! i was flowering these plants at 22" away and was showing severe light stress and even bleaching on the siltons so i now raised the light up to 27-29" away from the flowering girls depending on which plant you measure from and they are greening back up. the 1 silton got pretty bad but 2 days after raising the light she is greening up nicely. she is up 1st in the pics
DSC_0633.JPG
DSC_0634.JPG
DSC_0635.JPG
DSC_0636.JPG

the other silton took it better and is putting on mass in her flowers
DSC_0631.JPG
DSC_0632.JPG

Tangie
DSC_0637.JPG

Fantasmo in 1 gal pot doing well now that i got my problems squared away. she is 36" away from the bud beast thinking of raising her a little closer in the next couple days
DSC_0638.JPG
DSC_0639.JPG
DSC_0640.JPG
DSC_0641.JPG

Photoperoid blim burn cindy 99 vegging under the bud beast at 26" away. i topped her 3 days ago and topped her again on them tops yesterday and she really responded well so i just lst'd her down
DSC_0642.JPG
DSC_0643.JPG
DSC_0644.JPG

:smoking: hey Trip! Coco has some odd selectively strong CEC properties, weak-ish AEC,.. it has no real capacity to self buffer by itself, only true soil with a lime source of some kind can do this.. remember it's the carbonate part of the CaCO3 that's involved with pH buffering,... but you do see reference to coco doing "buffering" with Ca, K and Mg to a lesser extent,... Ca carries a 2+ charge, so this is why it adheres to the coco particle so tightly (and why even if present, the roots can't strip it off the particle), vs weaker cations with single 1+ charges,... it will boot weaker charged cations clean off basically,... This is why coco has to be sated with Ca first, then it gives and takes = "buffers", more readily,...
.... I don't know exactly why coco is causing such a off reading at 6.4,... how did you get that 5.8 reading for in-pot pH? Is that the run-off pH? ... pH will change at different depths too,... As for coco itself, I haven't seen anything from CW products co/ that says the A8 shouldn't be used in coco,... other folks seemed to have it work OK for them,... but with the odd CEC deal, maybe there's a factor of inaccuracy there not present in true soil? :shrug: I know for sure regardless of the medium, if it's too wet or dry, the meter will not read accurately; coco is prone to that in particular because of the huge water holding capacity it has,... You want to try a confirmation test? Take some coco out of the bag, prep it as usual, let it sit and drain/dry to a good level for A8 testing (well moistened, but not so that you can squeeze much water out of it).... then take a solo cup or something and fill with enough to test with the A8; with the other coco, do a slurry test... take a 1/2 cup of the coco, add 1/2 cup of RO/DI water only (no adjusting), let sit for 15 min or so, then use your pH meter to test the solution,... maybe I'll try this as well if the old bag of Tupur (a slightly amended coco from Royal Gold)-- is still OK,... worth a try! ......... I know the A8 isn't the best for accuracy at +/-0.2, but it's usually close enough to help determine next course of action,... keep in mind that indeed, decimals matter with pH! It's a logarithmic scale, each jump of +/-1.0 is in fact a 10-fold increase/decrease in [H+] conc.,.... Oh, I found this instruction manual as well,...
Caring for the pH meter is a big deal, trust me,... those electrodes are touchy things! Follow the brands instructions for care, and the meter will last much longer and stay accurate/reliable,... storage and cleaning solutions are often overlooked,... the more mucky and particulate the solution, the more crap will stick and "residue-haze" over the glass bulb and other electrode,... build up happens! And never ever touch/wipe that bulb :nono:..... Hanna has a great article on this here....

>>> @ pop22 :biggrin: --aww man, that's harsh! I would never recommend a total POS instrument to people if I thought it didn't work well enough,... Mine has been good for 3 years now, and early on I did get a chance to test it against a pro' model of pH tester, the bulb type like meter,... It was within margin of error specs at that time, one reading was 0.3 off,... (testing badly off Fuxfarms rubbish soil, all in the low 5's pH) .... It sure beats any run-off test method, and it's the best inexpensive alternative I can find,... cheapo skinny probe ones are shit for sure,... and at the other end are the bulb types, not cheap, and another electrode bulb to care and maintain for, which in soil/soilless applications is way more important and a PITA than regular pH meters for liquid only testing,.... My overall experience with it, other good growers here, and noob's looking to fix prob's, most all have used the A8 probe to good effect... I grant that it has it's limitations and problems, it's not a premier instrument by any means,...there are definite tricks and steps to take to get the best readings from it! .... My grow partner got one, which tested consistently with mine, but his busted after a year or so,... but then he didn't care for it well at all,...

Last edited:
Back