Indoor Bud Beast LED Test

I don't know exactly why coco is causing such a off reading at 6.4,... how did you get that 5.8 reading for in-pot pH? Is that the run-off pH? ... pH will change at different depths too,... As for coco itself, I haven't seen anything from CW products co/ that says the A8 shouldn't be used in coco,... other folks seemed to have it work OK for them,
to get the substrate to read 5.8 with the A8 i had to water at like 5.3. and i have found out that ph will change at depths usually gets more acidic the deeper you go in my experiance. i try to insert the probe in the center of the pot close as possible to the rootball without damaging it. and i have used it in coco before and it worked properly... maybe its on its way out(the meter)?
I know for sure regardless of the medium, if it's too wet or dry, the meter will not read accurately; coco is prone to that in particular because of the huge water holding capacity it has,... You want to try a confirmation test?
yeah i let em dry for a while before testing. im going to have to get some distilled water because all i have is my tap water which is close to RO but not real RO for the slurry test.

I know the A8 isn't the best for accuracy at +/-0.2, but it's usually close enough to help determine next course of action,... keep in mind that indeed, decimals matter with pH!
it may be in .2 incriments but it will endup inbetween the hash marks and i take that as a .1 I.E. 5.9

Oh, I found this instruction manual as well,...
haha i got that saved as a pdf in a phone:thumbsup:
the A8 has saved my grows before so i know it was worth the investment:pighug: just may need a new one when i get money

Ok guys a quick update on the bud beast, everyone seems to be back on track now and the flowering plants are building some buds and frost. The vegging plants are doing well also :)
20180214_101947.jpg
20180214_101954.jpg

Stilton 1
20180214_102038.jpg
20180214_102031.jpg

Stilton special 2 hit hardest by light stress last week
20180214_102018.jpg

Tangie
20180214_102023.jpg

Mephisto strawberry nuggets and forum stomper Day 1 is today 2/14/18
Valentine's day babies!
20180214_102107.jpg

Fantasmo express in 1 gal pot
20180214_102047.jpg
20180214_102059.jpg
20180214_102006.jpg

Figured I'd take some pics. I seem to have things set up now and the plants are really starting to show it...:woohoo1::shooty:
now onto the pics
Cindy 99 vegging great, she just needed fed and is now perking back up great. she is really starting to drink alot. pot has to remain saturated for the most part t keep her praying 33" from bud beast I believe
DSC_0720.JPG
DSC_0721.JPG
DSC_0722.JPG

Silton 1 beefing up 28"away from bud beast
DSC_0723.JPG
DSC_0724.JPG
DSC_0725.JPG
DSC_0726.JPG

Fantasmo express at 33" away from bud beast on full power. praying but looks to be showing some mag def. im not sure if this is due to th light being too strong or she is just hungry. when my flowering plants starting showing stress from the light it started looking like a mag def. so im wondering if 33" is too close? I will foliage feed her with Epsom salts and rhizotonic
DSC_0727.JPG
DSC_0728.JPG

slight mag def on her
DSC_0729.JPG

fastbuds mexican airlines is 36" away from the light 6 days old
DSC_0730.JPG
DSC_0731.JPG

mephisto babies 36" away also and growth is starting to pickup. Day 2
DSC_0732.JPG

Last edited:
just came back from being away for a little and the bud beast is doing its thing!
group shot
DSC_0744.JPG

Mephisto Forgotten Cookies on Day 7 looking great. i will transplant her in the next 2 days or so
DSC_0745.JPG
DSC_0746.JPG
DSC_0747.JPG

Forum Stomper Day 7
DSC_0748.JPG
DSC_0749.JPG

Strawberry Nuggets day 7 just transplanted today. her transplant didnt go as good as it could have the roots were disturbed some at the bottom
DSC_0750.JPG
DSC_0751.JPG
DSC_0752.JPG

Forum Stomper 2 and Strawberry Nuggets 2.
5 days old, day 1 was 2/14 the valentines day babies
DSC_0753.JPG
DSC_0754.JPG
DSC_0755.JPG

next up Blimburn Cindy 99 i just got done LST'ing some more. this thing is really starting to hit her stride and growing! cant wait to flower it out
DSC_0756.JPG

nice open structure
DSC_0757.JPG

Tangie Bulking Up
DSC_0758.JPG
DSC_0759.JPG

Stilton Special
DSC_0760.JPG
DSC_0761.JPG

:zen:

Looking good trip glad your back on track [emoji106]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
thanks wile you have no idea the stress that has been removed since im finally seeing the type of growth im used to :woohoo1: just took me some time to get it all dialed in thats all...:pass: now lets see what this light can really do!:growing:

ya coco can screw you but if you get burpee coco bricks they are sold as seed starter at the home depot for $3 for 8qt i think never had problem and i grow alot of regular picky flowers orcids ect, havent done any of these flowers in here in a while due to living arrangements, oh and walmart also has it sometimes its just already broke apart in a bag 8 qt for $5 i think also green planet has a cal-mag thats at 1.1-0-0 npk it is the lowest ive found except on ebay some flowering cal-mag but i have never used that i have used the green planet and never had the same probs i had with advanced nutes for example, how far is the lights away and what was smaller one, size, watts?good luck and be watching jealously lmk if you want any suggestion as i run all same(meanwells, 1212s but at 400watts in 2x4x5 and 200watts in 2x3x5 sorry for long post

• ya coco can screw you but if you get burpee coco bricks they are sold as seed starter at the home depot for $3 for 8qt i think never had problem and i grow alot of regular picky flowers orcids ect, havent done any of these flowers in here in a while due to living arrangements, oh and walmart also has it sometimes its just already broke apart in a bag 8 qt for $5 i think also green planet has a cal-mag thats at 1.1-0-0 npk it is the lowest ive found except on ebay some flowering cal-mag but i have never used that i have used the green planet and never had the same probs i had with advanced nutes for example, how far is the lights away and what was smaller one, size, watts?good luck and be watching jealously lmk if you want any suggestion as i run all same(meanwells, 1212s but at 400watts in 2x4x5 and 200watts in 2x3x5 sorry for long post
  • hey man thanks for stopping by! i think this batch of coco is buffered a little too high but im working with it and the plants seem to be back on track. maybe if i get in a pinch ill check out the coco you reccomended.
  • The Bud Beast is 36" from the babies and they seem to like it.:headbang: i think i will let them grow into the light unless i feel they need more power. with my DIY COB i like to adjust the light height to maximize light intensity at certain stages of life. i start my babies at 28-30" under my DIY COB unit
  • DSC_0800.JPG
  • Transplanted babies recovering today from the transplant @namvet25 @Wile e Peyote
  • DSC_0801.JPG
    DSC_0802.JPG
    DSC_0803.JPG
    DSC_0804.JPG
    DSC_0805.JPG
    DSC_0806.JPG
    DSC_0807.JPG
  • silton Main before we go
DSC_0809.JPG

Back