Grow Mediums Barney’s Farm LSD-25 (photo) in 8.5L Autopots w/coco, TF nutrients, and AutoCobs

I just love how green they look. Mine are all lime color but the bud is great and that is what counts. So you may say I am green with envy. I'll get over it ... but I do love the green. I for one enjoy all pics of your ladies.

Looks like Bob is settling down and is growing at least. Just keep your eyes open and your camera ready.

DSC_4675.jpg

I just love how green they look. Mine are all lime color but the bud is great and that is what counts. So you may say I am green with envy. I'll get over it ... but I do love the green. I for one enjoy all pics of your ladies.

Looks like Bob is settling down and is growing at least. Just keep your eyes open and your camera ready.

View attachment 883183
I’ve grown weed that ranged from a bright lime to dark pine in veg and it all smokes. Some strains are just lighter than others. That’s why I usually take my nutes up to where I get just the slightest tip burn, back off a little and let it ride till I see a deficiency. I have burned up some plants trying to get that darker green. These girls are at 1/4 strength plus whatever is in the tap water.

Bob is bob and if it turns out to be a female I guess we will call her Bobbie. If it is a male he will go to the juicer along with a couple apples.

:pop: subbed looking great waiting for you're big change :headbang: :woohoo:
Thanks for subbing in, you won’t be disappointed. Well unless I totally screw this up. :rofl:

Speaking of screwups, I’m in the garden tonight and I decide to mix up the first batch of nutes to go in the reservoir. I have already decided that I’m making 11 liters at 1/4 strength veg nutes. This will be their first time on the reservoir and will be their last time on veg nutes as I’m flipping them soon. Anyhow so I have this all figured out in my head and when I get home from work tonight, I blaze a couple bowls and head for the grow tent. Just to remember the ratios I put the full strength veg formula up and promptly mix 11 liters of FULL strength nutes. So now I have 4 times the veg nutes I need. :crying:

At least I caught it before putting it into the reservoir. Time to smoke another one. :hookah:

Day 30
Good morning campers, :coffee:
Last night I put the girls on the reservoir with 12 liters of 1/4+ strength nutes. Here are the details.
  • 11.25 ml BC Boost
  • 5.6 ml BC Grow
  • 1.8 ml B1 Red
  • 1.8 ml MAgiCal
  • 7.5 ml SUgar Daddy
  • 1 ml Drip Clean
Total EC was 1.15. The dechlorinated tap water is 0.55 so 1.15 - 0.55 = 0.60 EC or 300 ppm.
The pH was 7.4 which I pH down to 6.25 with about 50 drops of AN pH Down. The 12 liters measures about 7 inches deep in the rez. After flooding the lines, trays, and the coco itself, which took a couple hours, the level was down to 4 inches. All the autovalves are floating and no issues so far.

The three of them are between 9 & 11 inches tall. Side branching is taking off after removing their upper most node. Due to me not wanting 3 huge monsters overcrowding the tent and time constraints for bloom, I am flipping the girls to 12/12 Friday morning. This is happening with another major change to the grow that I added this morning, see if you can spot the change in the pictures.
A36A25F8-78BB-408D-B6D3-67EB3B7683AF.jpeg
7FC80567-3F06-413F-9C33-0F33F0637CBD.jpeg
8FBA3D5F-DDAC-4197-AC6A-D4ED45BAB800.jpeg
A54D09B2-0570-4407-96FA-DD83E1D08B37.jpeg
3C56D258-D27B-448C-9DA2-BC9710C437FF.jpeg

So did you see it? :frog:

Last edited:
Good morning. I see you went with the corn on the "COB" for new lighting. You are going to love these !!!!

Day 30
Good morning campers, :coffee:
Last night I put the girls on the reservoir with 12 liters of 1/4+ strength nutes. Here are the details.
  • 11.25 ml BC Boost
  • 5.6 ml BC Grow
  • 1.8 ml B1 Red
  • 1.8 ml MAgiCal
  • 7.5 ml SUgar Daddy
  • 1 ml Drip Clean
Total EC was 1.15. The dechlorinated tap water is 0.55 so 1.15 - 0.55 = 0.60 EC or 300 ppm.
The pH was 7.4 which I pH down to 6.25 with about 50 drops of AN pH Down. The 12 liters measures about 7 inches deep in the rez. After flooding the lines, trays, and the coco itself, which took a couple hours, the level was down to 4 inches. All the autovalves are floating and no issues so far.

The three of them are between 9 & 11 inches tall. Side branching is taking off after removing their upper most node. Due to me not wanting 3 huge monsters overcrowding the tent and time constraints for bloom, I am flipping the girls to 12/12 Friday morning. This is happening with another major change to the grow that I added this morning, see if you can spot the change in the pictures.
View attachment 884106 View attachment 884107 View attachment 884108 View attachment 884109 View attachment 884110

So did you see it? :frog:

Looks great man. I have been using one 300P light with my first grow. Girls look great. I am interested in learning more about your watering system.... I have been hand watering my girls. Are you using any micro nutes with your standard feeding?

Good morning. I see you went with the corn on the "COB" for new lighting. You are going to love these !!!!
You got that right, I got hooked on those things the first time I tried to look at one while it was on. :rofl:

Looks great man. I have been using one 300P light with my first grow. Girls look great. I am interested in learning more about your watering system.... I have been hand watering my girls. Are you using any micro nutes with your standard feeding?
No not really. I use exactly what I listed by Technaflora and weekly I add some Recharge, a micro bacterial and in flower I will use some Terpinator. The only thing else affecting my girls is the tap water itself. I used to have to use twice to three times the cal/mag I use to use when using rainwater or distilled water. So there has to be a lot of cal/mag in there because now I just use the normal amount with no issues.

Welcome to the cob world my friend, hope they perform well for you.:d5:
Me too, I got them just in time for flower so we should see some excellent results. Also, a friend of mine is growing out one of these LSDs nearby so I will be able to compare my setup with his. Then eventually I will do a tent by tent and grow the same strain with these in one tent and with the PlatinumLEDs in another tent. If I find out what I suspect, I will converting all my LEDs to COB. Much cheaper when you can reuse the drivers, case, and heatsink from your older panels. :woohoo:

You got that right, I got hooked on those things the first time I tried to look at one while it was on. :rofl:

No not really. I use exactly what I listed by Technaflora and weekly I add some Recharge, a micro bacterial and in flower I will use some Terpinator. The only thing else affecting my girls is the tap water itself. I used to have to use twice to three times the cal/mag I use to use when using rainwater or distilled water. So there has to be a lot of cal/mag in there because now I just use the normal amount with no issues.

Me too, I got them just in time for flower so we should see some excellent results. Also, a friend of mine is growing out one of these LSDs nearby so I will be able to compare my setup with his. Then eventually I will do a tent by tent and grow the same strain with these in one tent and with the PlatinumLEDs in another tent. If I find out what I suspect, I will converting all my LEDs to COB. Much cheaper when you can reuse the drivers, case, and heatsink from your older panels. :woohoo:
I'm so proud of you right now.:pighug:

That comparison grow sounds interesting, sign me up. :headbang:

Huge savings when you just have to buy the chips. Way to go grow bro. :d5:

Back