Grow Mediums Barney’s Farm LSD-25 (photo) in 8.5L Autopots w/coco, TF nutrients, and AutoCobs

If anyone thinks these PlatinumLED P300s aren’t bright, don’t do this without welding glasses on.

247DAB64-1E57-42F9-998F-A539D5A66EEC.jpeg

They are really intense lights, so much so that I think these LSDs are not stretching enough right now, so I moved them both up another 5 inches and angled them a little. I'm afraid I might wind up with bushy little pot plants.

My 400w LED is 45" from the top of the coco. I want to see if this time they will stretch and be taller than 14". My yields have been good. I just want to see if I can be taller and more bud to harvest.

My 400w LED is 45" from the top of the coco. I want to see if this time they will stretch and be taller than 14". My yields have been good. I just want to see if I can be taller and more bud to harvest.
Oh wow, that is some light you have there. I saw something like that in some of the commercial grows I saw when in Colorado. Glad you said something, plus you are growing in Autopots! Now I have to go and read all of your grows, what have I been missing? Should I shovel snow or read three grow journals. I have a feeling you know which one will win out. :rofl:

I’m sure someone has asks you in one of your journals but I gotta know right now. What did you pay for that little piece of sunshine?
:pass:

What's up Hemi! thanks for giving me a heads up on this thread! I'm following it and looking forward to seeing your girls frost up. :pop:

Thanks for sharing and keep on growing the dream!
Thanks for dropping in Tom! Always good to have you along. :smoking:
I still have not decided if the one mutant I have just can’t take the light or if it’s a boy showing differences early. I sent pictures to Barney’s Farm and got a terse message back from their chicken shit legal department about how they cannot discuss such things.

Anyhow, it is getting replaced as soon as this bean pops, but I’m going to try and keep it alive in a pot in the corner just to see what it develops into. The lights are still performing flawlessly after almost 3 years of use and will continue to be a part of my garden. although, some of the newer tech is starting to pull at me like COBs. :drool:

Yes this is a "commercial" light. I was the third person to place and order and at the time this is what they offered. I just believed in GroMau5 and Vitaly when they said these will be epic.
The total delivered price was $1200.00. As it was my gift from my wife of 46 years, I felt I had earned the best for the $. Value is in the eye of the customer and every customer is different. I do really appreciate the auto-pots. Because the set was SOOO inexpensive I had more in the budget for the ChilLED Tech light.

Making all of the initial choices took me over a year.

Oh wow, that is some light you have there. I saw something like that in some of the commercial grows I saw when in Colorado. Glad you said something, plus you are growing in Autopots! Now I have to go and read all of your grows, what have I been missing? Should I shovel snow or read three grow journals. I have a feeling you know which one will win out. :rofl:

I’m sure someone has asks you in one of your journals but I gotta know right now. What did you pay for that little piece of sunshine?

Yes this is a "commercial" light. I was the third person to place and order and at the time this is what they offered. I just believed in GroMau5 and Vitaly when they said these will be epic.
The total delivered price was $1200.00. As it was my gift from my wife of 46 years, I felt I had earned the best for the $. Value is in the eye of the customer and every customer is different. I do really appreciate the auto-pots. Because the set was SOOO inexpensive I had more in the budget for the ChilLED Tech light.

Making all of the initial choices took me over a year.
Quite some gift, she is a keeper. That is an amazing light, especially with the controller. Just halfway thru your first grow but reading on.

I love these damn autopots so much, as they make life so much simpler for indoor growing. Someday the world will wake up and all of us will be able to grow these ladies out in the front yard, where they belong! Till then I’m stuck in the basement, although an upgrade to a empty bedroom might happen this year. Retirement has its perks, but procrastination keeps getting in the way.

Back to your journals which are already in progress! :thumbsup:

Need a little music in the garden.

All good vibes and tunes are welcome here!

Just for anyone that might be wondering I have been taking these picture with my cell phone with a
Apollo Horticulture UV400 glasses lens in front of them. These are not shot in white light but the converted view thru the glasses with the PlatinumLED on Veg mode. I will say this, the color is almost spot on.
Amazon product

Last edited:
Day 22

First full day of spring and you would never be able to tell from looking outside. Got a half foot of snow this morning but not complaining. Lots of folks are getting a lot worse.

Anyhow, back to the garden. Decision was made and the mutant was gently removed from its pot and deposited in a 2 gallon cloth pot with soil/perlite. I will let it have a corner until I really decide what to do with it. Certainly won’t be a mother plant for clones.:nono:

My little 6 cell seed starter has a couple COC Crop Circle autos I dropped last night after soaking them for about 18 hours in a shot glass. Also has a couple house plants I’m trying to clone. My prep for my seed starter is to load it with coco, flush the heck out of it with plain water, then flush again with TF seed starter formula, and let it drain while the seeds soak. Then straight from shot glass to coco and into a warm corner of the tent. They usually pop up into full LED brightness, but as far from them as possible. I like my ladies to have photons as soon as they can. Nice thing, is by the time they are ready to transplant the roots have already bound the coco into a nice cube.

For those that normally follow my journals, you might remember I like to name my girls. This afternoon in a haze I came up with them. Check out the photos and let me know what you think. As for the mutant, I think I will call it Bob until it proves me wrong. :shrug:

You can’t really see it yet but I have already seen considerable stretch in the top node since I moved the P300s up five inches. Which is what I was hoping for as the other nodes are super tight. I will try and get some good individual shots later on.
548AFE70-5B47-4412-9E80-6F1759F8FFEA.jpeg
7801F163-0E19-4922-B677-DC054F9E5E7B.jpeg

Also, the girls will be getting rotated while they are still off the reservoir. I will be watering these from the top to drain, tomorrow morning before the lights go off. I have hooked up the airdomes but most likely will not turn on the reservoir for a few more days. Will be looking to top these in the next few days as well. My lights off schedule is 9am-3pm and I don’t do any watering or training except for right before lights out.

Still a little peeved with Barney’s response. I wonder what excuse they will use when it’s legal everywhere.

Last edited:
Back