Grow Mediums Barney’s Farm LSD-25 (photo) in 8.5L Autopots w/coco, TF nutrients, and AutoCobs

:thanks:Thanks everyone, I’m going to mix up 2 gallons at 4g per and get Juanita on her own reservoir tonight. I’m amazed we finally have a product that we can use per the instructions. So use to automatically reducing everything by a 1/4 to start with. If that doesn’t look like enough I can always add stronger so hard to back it off.

I am not versed in coco but I will say I got nitrogen claw in my girls at 4.5 grams per gallon so I have backed off to 3 grams per gallon hoping to see a change here in the next few days. Switching mid grow should not be an issue I don’t think

I did with the Kush grow I started on day 21

Here's what I'd mix up, using RO water. For the stage your in based on slowandeasy's recommendations for autoflower's at about the same stage as yours.
4.5g MC
2g calmag pro
1g sweet candy
Per gallon

I used less and could see it wasn't enough.
You could probably use less calmag since your using tap.

Day 35/4

Ladies are progressing nicely. They really haven’t started their stretch yet, but are showing all the signs. Expect to see sex any day now. Removed all the clothespins but have left their tops tied down for now. You can definitely see new tops taking over. I’m already thinking I flipped these a couple weeks too early but then remember I had no choice. They are still on 500 ppm of veg formula but I will be mixing up some flowering nutrients to start adding to the reservoir.

Check out the last pic shows the whole tent with the co2 detector at 1960. Tonight it has been pouring rain for 24 hours, the basement is soaking wet, and I have an unvented gas space heater running to help dry things off. I watched the meter peak at 3300. Never seen it that high before. Starting to think with all the co2 I have in my basement I should increase the heat of the tent, light, and feed, and see if I have been under powering these girls all along. I know growers that pay good money to get 1500ppm in their grow room and mine hardly ever drops below 1100. Currently cap the heat at 80f and during lights off it drops down to 72. Might up the thermostat to 85.

There were some AF seedlings hanging out in the tent but decided the I wanted to try my extra autocob in my 2x2x3 breeding tent. Put it in there with the fans turned off and it never went above 81f in there. Put the seedlings in there at the furthest corners, not directly under the cob, turned my exhaust on low, and will see how they do. Checked a few hours later and temps were holding at 79f and all looked well even being just 22 inches from the light. Now they can enjoy 24 hours a day of cob greatness. :smoking: Hopefully they don’t shrivel up overnight.

502CBBC5-E62E-4769-A854-7976677D0DCE.jpeg

C1157E94-542D-4DCF-811A-A7FAAEB9DB3C.jpeg

27026158-36C2-4AB9-8965-EDBC2A432524.jpeg

68F99A8A-C6A0-4D1C-A85E-224E1462B7CF.jpeg

918AA646-F866-4078-9EC0-3C429E34583C.jpeg

4BF76BB2-B031-4C80-BECC-5A7AF400ED04.jpeg

5367F538-0231-422E-8AB5-6C5BF46C694A.jpeg

DFAD0B33-2A25-457B-89F7-93A607CE5F72.jpeg

E96EA5B3-5B6A-4D2A-BEB5-6D4F93FFF9F1.jpeg

D8FD12AD-7463-4F7E-81AE-3462FC78F81B.jpeg

0DB8BF00-C9B4-4B7B-9AAA-5FCBD3C000CC.jpeg

Happy Growing everyone! You guys don’t know, or do you, how good it feels to be growing again. :bighug:
:vibes:&:karmacloud:

Day 35/4

Ladies are progressing nicely. They really haven’t started their stretch yet, but are showing all the signs. Expect to see sex any day now. Removed all the clothespins but have left their tops tied down for now. You can definitely see new tops taking over. I’m already thinking I flipped these a couple weeks too early but then remember I had no choice. They are still on 500 ppm of veg formula but I will be mixing up some flowering nutrients to start adding to the reservoir.

Check out the last pic shows the whole tent with the co2 detector at 1960. Tonight it has been pouring rain for 24 hours, the basement is soaking wet, and I have an unvented gas space heater running to help dry things off. I watched the meter peak at 3300. Never seen it that high before. Starting to think with all the co2 I have in my basement I should increase the heat of the tent, light, and feed, and see if I have been under powering these girls all along. I know growers that pay good money to get 1500ppm in their grow room and mine hardly ever drops below 1100. Currently cap the heat at 80f and during lights off it drops down to 72. Might up the thermostat to 85.

There were some AF seedlings hanging out in the tent but decided the I wanted to try my extra autocob in my 2x2x3 breeding tent. Put it in there with the fans turned off and it never went above 81f in there. Put the seedlings in there at the furthest corners, not directly under the cob, turned my exhaust on low, and will see how they do. Checked a few hours later and temps were holding at 79f and all looked well even being just 22 inches from the light. Now they can enjoy 24 hours a day of cob greatness. :smoking: Hopefully they don’t shrivel up overnight.

View attachment 886863
View attachment 886864
View attachment 886865
View attachment 886866
View attachment 886867
View attachment 886868
View attachment 886869
View attachment 886870
View attachment 886871
View attachment 886872
View attachment 886862

Happy Growing everyone! You guys don’t know, or do you, how good it feels to be growing again. :bighug:
:vibes:&:karmacloud:

looking good @HemiSync and go team BOB for the win... just noticed but it looks like meggie has a mild magnesium deficiency coming on, can just about see it on that large fan leaf.
I'm finding this loads lately with COB growing and coco, just as the lady's go in to stretch (this is for photo's as well) I'm getting magnesium deficiency's.

looking good @HemiSync and go team BOB for the win... just noticed but it looks like meggie has a mild magnesium deficiency coming on, can just about see it on that large fan leaf.
I'm finding this loads lately with COB growing and coco, just as the lady's go in to stretch (this is for photo's as well) I'm getting magnesium deficiency's.
:thanks:For looking out. I saw that also and notice some fade on the lower foliage, so tonight I mixed the rest of the full strength veg nutes with some 1/4 strength bloom nutes. This got the EC up to 1.5 after subtracting for my tap water or 750ppm which is 250 stronger than last feeding. So 24 hours will probably tell me if I overdid it or not. :pass:

I also adjusted the thermostat on my fan to not kick on until 85f during lights on and down to 75 when lights off. I have no idea what I’m doing but with all this extra co2 I might as well see what happens.

:thanks:For looking out. I saw that also and notice some fade on the lower foliage, so tonight I mixed the rest of the full strength veg nutes with some 1/4 strength bloom nutes. This got the EC up to 1.5 after subtracting for my tap water or 750ppm which is 250 stronger than last feeding. So 24 hours will probably tell me if I overdid it or not. :pass:

I also adjusted the thermostat on my fan to not kick on until 85f during lights on and down to 75 when lights off. I have no idea what I’m doing but with all this extra co2 I might as well see what happens.

What I'm noticing is that running at a slight higher temp is working well for me with the cobs, last few grows I've been running at around the 26-27c mark and have seen the plants respond a lot better. Lights off it sits around 19c-20c, depending on how warm the day is out side and how much my loft is warming up (Its the one temp I find hard to control). Running at a higher temp is making them drink a little quicker which in turn is drying them out better over the 24hr period until their next feed. I also believe I can run at a higher temp due to its winter, all the windows in our house are closed and the CO2 is building up at night to levels which the plants love. Getting readings of 1600ppm most nights in my tent.

You know what I still have no idea what I'm doing, just winging it most of the time

Note: 1st time grower here... i was experiencing some slow growth with 900w led 420w at the plug...my temps were running 65° lights off, 77° on...it wasnt until i read the below article and afn guru @Unique suggesting that i increase my temps did i see better growth/response. ..i think this article explains it better than i can ...i am not associated with this product nor trying to promote it...

californialightworks.com/tips-tricks-best-practices-for-growing-with-leds/

What I'm noticing is that running at a slight higher temp is working well for me with the cobs, last few grows I've been running at around the 26-27c mark and have seen the plants respond a lot better. Lights off it sits around 19c-20c, depending on how warm the day is out side and how much my loft is warming up (Its the one temp I find hard to control). Running at a higher temp is making them drink a little quicker which in turn is drying them out better over the 24hr period until their next feed. I also believe I can run at a higher temp due to its winter, all the windows in our house are closed and the CO2 is building up at night to levels which the plants love. Getting readings of 1600ppm most nights in my tent.

You know what I still have no idea what I'm doing, just winging it most of the time

I’m in the same boat. Flying by the seat of my plants. :crying:

I thought you might want to see this one. At the height of the rain, when my basement was at its wettest, and the space heater was on high, that I saw the reading I saw last night. This was after changing the temp set point to 85. The meter is higher in the tent, closer to the lights, and why it’s showing 87f. How it’s getting to 3000 I have no idea, but I’m going to start taking advantage of it.
5C05619C-5600-4A71-9B97-E3066E05CFA7.jpeg

Note: 1st time grower here... i was experiencing some slow growth with 900w led 420w at the plug...my temps were running 65° lights off, 77° on...it wasnt until i read the below article and afn guru @Unique suggesting that i increase my temps did i see better growth/response. ..i think this article explains it better than i can ...i am not associated with this product nor trying to promote it...

californialightworks.com/tips-tricks-best-practices-for-growing-with-leds/
Interesting read, :thanks: I have set my high temp to 85 at the canopy and we shall see what happens. :d5:

I’m in the same boat. Flying by the seat of my plants. :crying:

I thought you might want to see this one. At the height of the rain, when my basement was at its wettest, and the space heater was on high, that I saw the reading I saw last night. This was after changing the temp set point to 85. The meter is higher in the tent, closer to the lights, and why it’s showing 87f. How it’s getting to 3000 I have no idea, but I’m going to start taking advantage of it.
View attachment 887041

So far I see an average of 900ppm as the plants wake up and clime up to around 1500-2000ppm mark but I have seen it spike at 3000ppm + some nights. It all seems to correlate to when the family go's to bed. I'm interested to see how those readings are in the summer when we have the windows open at night.
Take adavange and get those lights a little closer and up that feed a little, I have been.

So far I see an average of 900ppm as the plants wake up and clime up to around 1500-2000ppm mark but I have seen it spike at 3000ppm + some nights. It all seems to correlate to when the family go's to bed. I'm interested to see how those readings are in the summer when we have the windows open at night.
Take adavange and get those lights a little closer and up that feed a little, I have been.
Yea baby, free co2. :woohoo:

Seriously, though I am trying to take advantage of it. Although, now that I know this about the house I leave a lot more windows cracked open even in the dead of winter.

I already told you about upping the reservoir to 750ppm (1.5ec); before lights out today I was able to get the other reservoir hooked up to Juanita exclusively and added Mega Crop to that one. Should be interesting.

Back