And that's utterly ridiculous! As far as canna goes, I always try to acknowledge the source seed of my crosses but you bought them so unless your plans are commercial, that’s all you need to do. And let's not encourage patents and licenses on seeds. we have enough of that shit from Monsanto!

Dunno, but the effort and time that goes into developing a new variety(or strain as the favored lingo is here) of say a peach, pineapple or a rose.......is megabucks, millions......I know this from plenty research projects, so as far as I'm concerned, fairs is fairs........nothing new would happen if there wasn't a pay off down the line, and them there Professors at UC Davis et al, they sure as hell don't work for free, and pick up the tap for expenses incurred during the 8-10 years it typically takes before a new variety/strain is released........just saying!

Wonder what Dutch Passion, Mephisto and all the other canna breeders would say if someone started in vitro multiplication of their varieties/strains and started selling at a lower price.........!!!!

Last edited:
Never thought you could patent cannabis plants got my info from reading Neville shoenmaker posts on not being able to patent his many crosses and hybrids

although I agree that you should be rewarded for your work, patents are used more for keeping a stranglehold on people and companies than protecting rights to designs. Creativity and overall advancement is stifled by current patent laws and the advent of patent trolls.

And unless its a GMO, no plant should be patented, there is no cross you could make that couldn't happen in nature on its own. no man has ever created a "new" plant!

just my opinion.

:pass:

Dunno, but the effort and time that goes into developing a new variety(or strain as the favored lingo is here) of say a peach, pineapple or a rose.......is megabucks, millions......I know this from plenty research projects, so as far as I'm concerned, fairs is fairs........nothing new would happen if there wasn't a pay off down the line, and them there Professors at UC Davis et al, they sure as hell don't work for free, and pick up the tap for expenses incurred during the 8-10 years it typically takes before a new variety/strain is released........just saying!

Wonder what Dutch Passion, Mephisto and all the other canna breeders would say if someone started in vitro multiplication of their varieties/strains and started selling at a lower price.........!!!!

You Can`t Patent Nature. I believe you can patent methods/procedures for extractions (GSK has done so with `Sativex`...The US gov have patents on many `bits and pieces`...trying to cover all bases!) Google it or search here, cos the info used t` be available in some thread or other(may have been lost in the updates/various downtime over the years). No strain is protected, that`s why the folks like the `GSC Crew` (and many other business folks!) kept their stuff so `secret`, for as long as possible (i.e. clone only!). Money Rules! I don`t blame `em. If you are lucky to find `special` phenos, then, most will try to earn! (especially in places like Cali, where marketing is the holy grail, whether it`s beans or mobile/cell phone tech etc...:pass:

Ok, we've touched on this subject, and it is an important one, but let's get back on track of this thread, this is about our own experimentation for fun and to search for knowledge.
With that in mind, let's see some new threads started!

:thanks::smokeout:

Cue Blue......a very fertile mind there !

I am putting the finishing touches to the Cannadrama Tabernacle, 4 rooms.......2 times 145x145x200 cm which can be sort of combined to one room, 1 120x120x200 cm room and a vegging dwelling of 100x100x240 cm......damnation tents over 200 cm in height is rarer in supply than a reliable weather forecast for the far side of the moon......OH WELL!

SO, I have a 6 pot Autopot system, 7 DP Auto Ultimates and a Paradise Seeds Vertigo under HS1.1.........all are 12 days old and looking optimistically perky to varying degrees........born in 3 liter pots. pictures to follow.

I was thinking as a little experiment, 6 AU in the Autopots, 2 pots with Mapito, 2 with Atami light mix, and 2 with garden center soil fortified with 20% perlite and 20% coco, which I have used in the near cut off bottom 3 liter pots they are born in, to be tiered onto the 25 liter Autopots. All with air domes. The feed will obviously be the same for all 6, but what feed.....?
Tis will be is the Scoundrels room, one of the 145x145 cm rooms.

Lights will be 2 x HS1.1 and 500w Topled's with 5w chips, I have 4, and 2 Marshydro 600w panels with 3w chips. This can be combined as whatever......or pure HS1.1(they are with 60x90 diffusers), although I doubt this will be enough despite their vaunted talents.

The last AU which is a runt and barely 4 cm high at 12 days and the Vertigo whose name is likely a pun on fear of heights by the Paradise Seeds lads (at least it looks so compared to the AU's so far), will go into 22,5 liter airpots with a airdome.

So, if the Quartermaster and anyone else deem this worthy of Frankenstein's Lab, and has any suggestions ( the more wacky the better, all right, not wacky, but something that is intriguing or only whispered about late at night in the dark.......like milk powder or what not.......please feel free to chime in. I have a state of the art bullet proof costume, so fire away.......
shooting.gif

They will likely move into their new home at the latest by Monday, or 2 days from now.

Cheers

2015-07-25 22.26.26.jpg
2015-07-25 22.42.31.jpg
2015-07-25 22.40.10.jpg
2015-07-25 22.50.23.jpg
2015-07-25 22.40.10.jpg

Last edited:
And for thousands of years in nature indica and sativa plants did not cross they were landraces man essentially created hybrids our forefathers created something new my manipulating nature

Back