I believe someone said it throws the PH out of whack
Hmmm. I think I may try to add a stone. I think it may help keeping the pond scum out. And maybe keep microbes n stuffs that I know nothing about alive? Idk.
And if checking pH regularly. Shouldn't be much different than a dwc I wouldn't think?
Just back in the back cleaning up and looking at un used equipment. And pondering how to up my game. Cuz I been falling behind the class lol.

Hmmm. I think I may try to add a stone. I think it may help keeping the pond scum out. And maybe keep microbes n stuffs that I know nothing about alive? Idk.
And if checking pH regularly. Shouldn't be much different than a dwc I wouldn't think?
Just back in the back cleaning up and looking at un used equipment. And pondering how to up my game. Cuz I been falling behind the class lol.
Well let us know how it goes.

Just curious.

Why are we advised to not add air stones to the res?
I feel like I was told not to. And a reason why .
But can't for the life of me come up with a reason?

Lots of bad things and no real benefits.

The way the autopots work means that any aeration you get is going to be mostly wasted while the water sits in the tray for days at a time.

Adding oxygen to a solution with a bunch of dissolved metal salts is going to form hydroxides which will raise your pH way out of spec.

It will also encourage the growth of aerobics bacteria in your reservoir. Another word for aerobic bacteria is slime, which we don't want

Lots of bad things and no real benefits.

The way the autopots work means that any aeration you get is going to be mostly wasted while the water sits in the tray for days at a time.

Adding oxygen to a solution with a bunch of dissolved metal salts is going to form hydroxides which will raise your pH way out of spec.

It will also encourage the growth of aerobics bacteria in your reservoir. Another word for aerobic bacteria is slime, which we don't want
Thanks for the lesson bruh.
Talked me out of it haha.

Yes it can/does mess with the PH. If you use the air domes the water in the tray is oxidized not the entire rez contents. I have read that here many times in the older Auto Pot threads.

yes, that was same I heard... But.... I also don't like my nutrients being stagnant I'm getting ph drifting not using the stone I am thinking of giving a shot, who knows maybe it will balance out my problem..

Hey Now!
Update time. I currently have all four of my [HASHTAG]#autopots[/HASHTAG] running. One has two Alf#5 ladies, running on the 5 gallon bucket rez I built. Then there are two giant girls in the “show” tent, they are on the rez that came with the kit. The last is in the baby tent not connected yet, I just put a [HASHTAG]#Mephisto[/HASHTAG] GWK in the dirt in there.
I’m running the [HASHTAG]#DutchPro[/HASHTAG] soil regimen in all. I like it, still not convinced I don’t have to fiddle about unmercifully but I’m sitting on my hands and things are looking great. It certainly is nice to not be constantly mixing and feeding. I’m currently going through 16 gallons every 6 days.

The twins
ab8b33b3eef9a787922a973d3728d81b.jpg

The giants.
9efbe12f0c78ca7031c541d1553e1ac1.jpg

Chair for reference.
759cecb2344dd672d6cc7a1afba549fb.jpg

The rez, need more tubing. It’s in front of the new baby tent.
0301c33cbbcdf9c07eda61637971ea4f.jpg

The baby tent. Complete with autopot and [HASHTAG]#Folux[/HASHTAG] solutions H120.
e8357d926068e2f1b265d1f2a5d2cb32.jpg

Peace,

Back