Bo
@Boveda How would one use bovedas in larger quantities of bud? Say 16oz in a large sealed container, what would be recommended for that?
Boveda's largest pack, the 320 gram pack preserves between 1 lb to 5 lbs. And the 67 gram Boveda preserves from 1+ oz up to one lb.
Let me know if I can help further!
-Dianna

DSCF1894_2.jpg

[HASHTAG]#boveda[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#growautoweed[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#hairyman[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#mephisto[/HASHTAG]

Hi @Boveda !

I use your %62 and it's great but my jars have cork lids and I visit them often!

I do find certain strains get a bit to crumbly.

Is it worth while using a higher % pack for frequently visited jars and or change my jars to sealed ones, particularly for longer storage?

Great product!

Hi @Boveda !

I use your %62 and it's great but my jars have cork lids and I visit them often!

I do find certain strains get a bit to crumbly.

Is it worth while using a higher % pack for frequently visited jars and or change my jars to sealed ones, particularly for longer storage?

Great product!

Great question! Over-compensating for a potentially non airtight container or lid, is common with Cigar humidors. Glass topped humidors are not very airtight but are quite common because everyone wants to show off their collection. So people will use a 72% all the time to compensate.

I compare Cannabis with the Mona Lisa a lot whereby she's kept at a steady 50% RH level. She even sits on a pad of desiccant pads to ensure there are no fluctuations in RH. there's a reason for this. Maintaining the same RH is literally like stopping time. I think the cork would allow these types of fluctuations and long-term storage would see a definite deterioration in the terpenes.

Of course, it could also potentially be a cost issue if you're having to replace too often! Most of my Bovedas last for average 8 months to a year in mason jars and cvaults.

I say experiment :) Especially if you're using 62's and finding it crumbly. Of course, let us know how it turns out!

@Boveda I have not forgot about this test and i still have 4 months to go for a full year.
I have some 2 year old buds with Boveda 62s and yes the smell has changed but there is no way to know if it would be different (good or bad) without the pack? I do know that the older buds with 62s I press into rosin yield much better than pressing dry bud.

So I have some new Monster Profit that I could squirrel away 2 jars; one with one without and next year about the 4th of July (or when I need it) I will give it a try. Now this is a really small sample test. It would be better if other AFN testers did the same. If you are planning to give out samples for testing perhaps you could sponsor the test. Pretty cheap way to get documented testimonials!

@Boveda , First off great product.
Being rather humid during the drying ( not sure if over dried ) 13 days drying and then cutting what mould i found. Each jar is 25g( one is 27g) dry ( may increase with Boveda packs). I used 2 x 4g packs per jar. I saw Bovedas video on youtube about size of packs vs cannabis

I wonder, since i spotted mould i didnt see, i can just remove the cannabis, cut out the mould, and then it back in the jar.
I think it would be best while i am going over the buds, i would but the Boveda back in the jar? I'll probably get onto it today, want to isolate the mould

Its my first grow, and i plan to do many more, so i have a nice collection

northern lights blue.jpg

I have some 2 year old buds with Boveda 62s and yes the smell has changed but there is no way to know if it would be different (good or bad) without the pack? I do know that the older buds with 62s I press into rosin yield much better than pressing dry bud.

So I have some new Monster Profit that I could squirrel away 2 jars; one with one without and next year about the 4th of July (or when I need it) I will give it a try. Now this is a really small sample test. It would be better if other AFN testers did the same. If you are planning to give out samples for testing perhaps you could sponsor the test. Pretty cheap way to get documented testimonials!

Just 2 more months to go.

Does anyone no where the best place for the best price is to buy a cvault 21 liter that has the 320 gram 62% boveda humidity pack that comes with it ?

Nice harvest! Be careful with ingesting the mold. Even when you can't see 'em, they're there!

Here's a great visual to keep handy:
Right_Boveda_Size_Cannabis.jpg

Thank you Boveda, with winter harvest will be better, was very humid, but all buds seem fine i check them when i burp. I have 8g and 4g packs, even keep a 4g pack with the medicap which has herb in it. Certainly made the curing easier

Back