I find the boveda maintains rh levels rather than adjusting them drastically, if your bud is too damp still, the boveda won't cope. IMO

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]
Hey there! Boveda will definitely absorb excess moisture, but how much is the question. Have you tested this theory? If so, I'd love to hear more like, how wet was the bud? For most of us, it takes the worry out of curing. Cheers!

Hey there! Boveda will definitely absorb excess moisture, but how much is the question. Have you tested this theory? If so, I'd love to hear more like, how wet was the bud? For most of us, it takes the worry out of curing. Cheers!
It was at 70% and the sachet filled with water. It got down to 65%. As I understand it the less work the packets do, the longer they last. It works best for me with +/-2% to go.

It was at 70% and the sachet filled with water. It got down to 65%. As I understand it the less work the packets do, the longer they last. It works best for me with +/-2% to go.

Absolutely, like many other products. For instance, ensuring your airtight container is re-closed quickly after choosing your nugs will help keep that Boveda working effectively for much longer. Cheers!
-Dianna

hi and welcome :pass:most stoners do as they told and we been told that 62% is what we want.think the cigar folks like 57% but i think some stoner folk may like 65% to.
be interesting to find out you and others thoughts experiences.
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:
Hi there! Sorry for such a late reply to your welcome :) it takes a while to learn a new forum.

I really love that with Boveda you can custom-fit your preservation and your cure when and if needed. Some climates can go from super dry to super humid within weeks. Also, some heating and cooling methods can alter humidity as well. With the options of 58 or 62 for herbal, it's truly something that can be about preference and can be about necessity as well.

With Cannabis there are so many opinions. I remember a friend talking about only like "fluffy bud". That's how she chose her weed was by fluffyness. lol Some like a chunky grind and some like a fine grind. In the end, the grind can often be a clear indication of a need inside that storage container. For example another friend mentioned a certain grinder grinding too fine. Truth is, that's an RH issue not a grinder issue.

For the 65% RH choice, our studies show that microorganisms can begin growing at 65 and over. However, certain situations may require them even for our herbal. With RH levels as low as 32% (the perfect RH to preserve your seeds btw) and as high as 84%, we can really get a handle on this ever changing climate of ours.

Cheers,

Dianna

When it comes to RH, it's personal preference because Rh can change vastly from even home to home. I love 62's and use them for both curing and storing while a friend only uses the 58's. Here's a nice reference for you. Cheers!
-Dianna
Been a few years since they came my way but they can still be got hold of without too much problem. if you know where to look.
Normally available in 4 grades, price varies obviously as to the quality of it and the string colour changes too, gold, red, blue and green etc.
Most Thai sticks these days come from Laos and not Thailand, where punishment are harsh on dealers/smugglers.

USES.png
HI again! What's the right sized pack to use? Here's a handy visual:

Last edited:
Back