I use these with cvault and my candy Kush is over 3 years old and still tasty and soft once grated...

65% I can see the appeal

Welcome @Boveda thanks for your products, have served me well.

Hi there! Glad to hear you're enjoying your Boveda products. They really are amazing for long-term storage. Cheers!

Thank you!
Welcome to AFN Boveda. I've been using 62% for three years and have had no problems with mold or over dried buds. I had a problem with a 3rd party vendor and your customer service stepped right in and fixed it with me direct, immediately. Thanks.:toke:
Hey, that's great to hear. Cheers!

@Boveda Welcome to AFN:

I have used Boveda packs in the past but it seems like they pick up quite a bit of the terpenes over time. Is that just my imagination?
Hey! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to put your mind at ease. We've tested Boveda and haven't found any terpenes getting absorbed into the
Boveda. As you're no doubt aware, terpene profiles naturally change over time and Boveda works to minimize degradation in the flower and will preserve as many precious terpenes as possible. On a personal note, I've been storing and now curing my Cannabis with Boveda for over a year and haven't experienced any loss of scent. For me, the grind never lies. Cheers!

Welcome Brovida
I have the 62% packs
I like them it keeps the green stuff gooey.
I've heard 55%to 65% in most place as far as rh. If cured properly I've noticed lil smell or taste loss. I see more loss is when added early (say b4 a month into cure) or trying to cure with packs( which I have tried. I'm still an advid fan and till I notice I'll effect I'll happily continue buying.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Oh yes, proper RH control ensures that the resinous oils remain fresh. Boveda also comes in numerous RH levels. Check them out here: https://bovedainc.com/store/shop-rh/

Cheers!

Hey! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to put your mind at ease. We've tested Boveda and haven't found any terpenes getting absorbed into the
Boveda. As you're no doubt aware, terpene profiles naturally change over time and Boveda works to minimize degradation in the flower and will preserve as many precious terpenes as possible. On a personal note, I've been storing and now curing my Cannabis with Boveda for over a year and haven't experienced any loss of scent. For me, the grind never lies. Cheers!
I have some 2 year old buds with Boveda 62s and yes the smell has changed but there is no way to know if it would be different (good or bad) without the pack? I do know that the older buds with 62s I press into rosin yield much better than pressing dry bud.

So I have some new Monster Profit that I could squirrel away 2 jars; one with one without and next year about the 4th of July (or when I need it) I will give it a try. Now this is a really small sample test. It would be better if other AFN testers did the same. If you are planning to give out samples for testing perhaps you could sponsor the test. Pretty cheap way to get documented testimonials!

I have some 2 year old buds with Boveda 62s and yes the smell has changed but there is no way to know if it would be different (good or bad) without the pack? I do know that the older buds with 62s I press into rosin yield much better than pressing dry bud.

So I have some new Monster Profit that I could squirrel away 2 jars; one with one without and next year about the 4th of July (or when I need it) I will give it a try. Now this is a really small sample test. It would be better if other AFN testers did the same. If you are planning to give out samples for testing perhaps you could sponsor the test. Pretty cheap way to get documented testimonials!
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it on. I have found that the scent 'deepens' over time which I've attributed to ripening and condensing terpenes in the resins etc. I'm always amazed at how good it smells once ground. The whole process of preparing to partake--however you do it--is ritualistically positive at times. Know what I mean?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it on. I have found that the scent 'deepens' over time which I've attributed to ripening and condensing terpenes in the resins etc. I'm always amazed at how good it smells once ground. The whole process of preparing to partake--however you do it--is ritualistically positive at times. Know what I mean?
Yes........... Think Thai Stick in 1970; I can still smell it in my mind. I am growing some Thai right now. Of course it won't be dipped in opium like then.

Yes........... Think Thai Stick in 1970; I can still smell it in my mind. I am growing some Thai right now. Of course it won't be dipped in opium like then.

No you didn't.... I thought I was the only one who remembered Thai sticks... Well, Maybe @Nosias was there too, how about it Bro?
Looked like an incense stick with little bud pieces wrapped with cannabis "bark" thread strips then dipped.
Holy Shit, FlashBack time!!!

Hi and thanks for the welcome! Studies have shown that the best RH to preserve terpenes & cannabinoids is between 58% and 62%. But which you choose in not only personal preference, but also evolves based on our needs as climates change seasonally. Most of the bud I get is very very dry so I almost always use 62% but others in more humid climates may choose 58. At 65% the risk of microorganism growth begins. Cheers!

Welcome to AFN, Boveda! I think it's time to order some product, consensus seems to be 62% is best for over-dried bud while 58% would be better for freshly cured bud and long term storage? Also, haven't looked at your website yet so forgive me if this is documented elsewhere, what sizes of packs are recommended for what volume of container? Is there a reference or guideline for that?

@912GreenSkell @Boveda @Olde School Player I remember those thai sticks very very well. There were a couple of different types but the best ones were fat like a 60 ring gauge cigar, just fit in a ziplock bag... oh and yes I can still smell it and taste it. I use the 62 bags in all my jars and last years harvest is holding out quite well. I use them in my cigar humidor too.

Back