1. Noticing slight white mold on top of coco----should I be concerned ?........ No concern. I have some "white" on top of Coco and I think it maybe some "salts" from the MegaCrop. In 4 grows it has not been a factor at all.

2. When i check the PH after once a day by day 5 it has drifted up from 5.8 to 6.6 ( i mix megacrop and calmag then wait 24 hrs then PH to 5.8 let it settle for an hour then check again before putting in the res.----should i be concerned since i am in coco? ............ Well After I mix the MC in my water the PH goes from 8.5 to 6.3. Every time so I never check PH after I pour it into rez.

3. If i don't stir the res after a day or 2 the Megacrop appears to become specs of a solid, not totally dissolved like when originally put in the res. The Res. temperature is 66-67F -----should i be concerned? I also had that but some where here on AFN I was told that Greenleaf recommends mixing nutes in 100F water and then shake a lot. Then add it to the main rez. I just harvested two ladies and I was really surprised to see little to no salt residue in the auto pot tray. It was almost clean. Where as AN nutes left everything looking like dried salt lake.
@idiopathic neuropathy

Is the mold fuzzing looking? if so it could be mycorrhizah. Also, are you using bagged coco or from a brick, I'm seeing many people having problems with infected bagged coco, white flies etc. I advise not running ph as low as 5.8. Also, i've not experienced a ph spike like that with Megacrop. I have not seen a rise about .2. I let my solution sit 24-48 hours, recheck and adjust ph then fill my res. I've never trusted the ph stability of any nutrient I've used. Also, people tell me I'm crazy but I use baking soda for PH up, but its never caused me a problem and my ph remians stabe after the adjustment. Are you using tap water or RO?

And the settlings yes a fine fine film will settle out, in 2 years its caused me no problems other than a little more cleaning between grows, and it hasn't clogged my lines like Seagrow did
Thx Pop22 yes hairy wispy like...could it be from the Myco. in Megacrop ?
Bagged coco ....but same i had for a couple of grows (hand watered but never got the fuzzy hairy mold on top)
Tap water, also aerated for at least 48 hours.. ppm = below 100 and ph = 7.4 ish

1. Noticing slight white mold on top of coco----should I be concerned ?........ No concern. I have some "white" on top of Coco and I think it maybe some "salts" from the MegaCrop. In 4 grows it has not been a factor at all.

2. When i check the PH after once a day by day 5 it has drifted up from 5.8 to 6.6 ( i mix megacrop and calmag then wait 24 hrs then PH to 5.8 let it settle for an hour then check again before putting in the res.----should i be concerned since i am in coco? ............ Well After I mix the MC in my water the PH goes from 8.5 to 6.3. Every time so I never check PH after I pour it into rez.

3. If i don't stir the res after a day or 2 the Megacrop appears to become specs of a solid, not totally dissolved like when originally put in the res. The Res. temperature is 66-67F -----should i be concerned? I also had that but some where here on AFN I was told that Greenleaf recommends mixing nutes in 100F water and then shake a lot. Then add it to the main rez. I just harvested two ladies and I was really surprised to see little to no salt residue in the auto pot tray. It was almost clean. Where as AN nutes left everything looking like dried salt lake.
@idiopathic neuropathy
Thx Nosias good to know ...appreciated

@Ripper mine had roots up near the valves but never stopped them up. I just watched the water level. And just left the roots alone. One went 90 days and no issues.
Already ordered the sock thing. And 6 2.2 gallon pots. I will say watching these girls grow has made me water my non auto pot plants a little more. My white widow got the auto pot turned on at day 14 and she is a monster.. she may get to 5 feet tall based on the structure I am seeing at 3 weeks. Her fan leaves are huge. Super fat limbs. This picture is day 21...
506D2334-D786-422E-9603-234851AD6A43.jpeg
F98092F3-C9AC-466B-BEA3-9946714C8C6B.jpeg

Already ordered the sock thing. And 6 2.2 gallon pots. I will say watching these girls grow has made me water my non auto pot plants a little more. My white widow got the auto pot turned on at day 14 and she is a monster.. she may get to 5 feet tall based on the structure I am seeing at 3 weeks. Her fan leaves are huge. Super fat limbs. This picture is day 21...View attachment 990440View attachment 990441
I turned mine on early too! Figure the plants would sense the water and reach for it. That one looks mighty fine

no mycos in megacrop maybe in the coco
Thx Pop22 yes hairy wispy like...could it be from the Myco. in Megacrop ?
Bagged coco ....but same i had for a couple of grows (hand watered but never got the fuzzy hairy mold on top)
Tap water, also aerated for at least 48 hours.. ppm = below 100 and ph = 7.4 ish

Two ladies are harvested.

Royal Queen: White Widow 23" tall
dsc_7863-jpg.990427

Dutch Passion: Cinderella Jack 19" tall
dsc_7871-jpg.990430

Drying line.
View attachment 990442

@Nosias I've said it before, your garden is cranking out some majestic plants. I'm not a big Jack fan, but that cindy-jack looks amazing. I AM on the other hand a huge white widow fan, so if you ever need help with that WW just holler and I'll come help you with the smoke report.

Back