Wanted to give an update on my plants:

So I topped the FFOF plant at the 4th node 2 days ago and I believe she is responding well to it. She seems very perky and loving life. I want to do some pony-tailing, to get lots of good growth down low, but not sure when/how long I should wait till she further develops the new main colas. Let me know what y'all think.
Day 17 FFOF Aerial.jpg
Day 17 FFOF.jpg

The BG plant is also looking better, not sure what changed, but I now have faith in her. Who knows maybe all she needed was my love? She is probably a week behind still in growth but no longer looks droopy and sad. One concern is the perlite is starting to yellow. Anyone got any experience with Black and Gold?
Day 15 BG Aerial.jpg
Day 15 BG.jpg

Wanted to give an update on my plants:

So I topped the FFOF plant at the 4th node 2 days ago and I believe she is responding well to it. She seems very perky and loving life. I want to do some pony-tailing, to get lots of good growth down low, but not sure when/how long I should wait till she further develops the new main colas. Let me know what y'all think.
View attachment 712157 View attachment 712158

The BG plant is also looking better, not sure what changed, but I now have faith in her. Who knows maybe all she needed was my love? She is probably a week behind still in growth but no longer looks droopy and sad. One concern is the perlite is starting to yellow. Anyone got any experience with Black and Gold?
View attachment 712159 View attachment 712160

Hey brother!

All is looking good. You know I will throw my 2 cents at ya,.. I have no experience with BG but a little yellowing of perlite happens. It happened to some of my perlite too. It's something to do with the watering I believe. Don't know, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

Both girls are really looking good and healthy man. Yeah the BG one is a little slower, but it could be a smaller plant which sometimes it happens or it could kick into to OverDrive once she starts maturing. And I think you want to wait a bit on ponytailing with the other, let those nodes stretch a bit.

I know it's early and I'm a big fan of optimism, but I think your going to have two wonderful plants on your hands. :d5:

Hey brother!

All is looking good. You know I will throw my 2 cents at ya,.. I have no experience with BG but a little yellowing of perlite happens. It happened to some of my perlite too. It's something to do with the watering I believe. Don't know, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

Both girls are really looking good and healthy man. Yeah the BG one is a little slower, but it could be a smaller plant which sometimes it happens or it could kick into to OverDrive once she starts maturing. And I think you want to wait a bit on ponytailing with the other, let those nodes stretch a bit.

I know it's early and I'm a big fan of optimism, but I think your going to have two wonderful plants on your hands. :d5:

Thanks for the reassurance! yea I was pretty sure the perlite was fine, my anxiety was just rushing to all the terrible things it could mean. Nitrogen toxicity! ROTTING ROOTS! The plastic from the pot has seeped into the soil and is killing the plants! The Russian have invaded! you know the usual things...

Bahahahah!! :rofl: Yes dude I know exactly how you feel .. we love these beautiful specimens and only want to give them the best so it they keep us on edge! Just relax my friend and let your babies do their thing, now hit this and zen out! ..... :pass:

:smoking:

Thanks for the reassurance! yea I was pretty sure the perlite was fine, my anxiety was just rushing to all the terrible things it could mean. Nitrogen toxicity! ROTTING ROOTS! The plastic from the pot has seeped into the soil and is killing the plants! The Russian have invaded! you know the usual things...
You'll know the nitro toxicity even if you don't know you know...

My leaves could've blended in with a forest of conifers!! Very deep dark green due to my own derp. Now I think I'm gonna buy some soil and just perlite it and maybe some ewc, but not much else. Looking great!!!

:pass:

SHE IS A GIRL! I tried not to peak for too long, but I couldn't help myself her lady parts are too pretty. Sorry getting ahead of myself. I woke up this morning and opened up my closet and saw that the FFOF plant started showing her sex.

Day 18 FFOF Sex.jpg

Hey yall so yesterday I noticed the start of what I think is my first real problem. It all started with small discoloring of one of the new leaves. After doing a lot of research on defficianies I narrowed it down to either Cal MG (seems early) or a boron(Ik rare) problem. I ordered CAL MG, and it will arrive Saturday so if that is the issues great. But it seems a little early in my plants life (day 19) for there to be a calmg issue. Also the yellowing is on new growth not on bigger older leaves. Upon returning home I noticed that some of the edges of new leaves have also started curling and bending funky leading me to really believe this is a boron issue.
Here is a pic of what I am talking about
Day 19 Start of Boron Problem.jpg

The spots are spreading to other leaves in the area, and there is a tiny hole straight through the leaf under the top one that is circled.
I am thinking that cause of this boron issue, if it truly is one, was the dry spell I had while I was away, the plants seemed in need of water, and the rh dropped as low as 16% maybe even lower. It also could have been that I screwed up my ph level on my last water.

I think the answer is to just check my ph meter and water more. I haven't watered since Sunday. Let me know if y'all think I am correct in my assessment of the problem and solution. @Waira @jingo @Slater @Burr_nit @Benjamin Squier What do you think? Thanks!

Back