Yeah I think you missed the main stretch that everybody talks about. Its usually over about the time your flower set real well, which yours have. Your plant will still get taller as the buds stack up higher and higher, but if your plants are real bushy this is where I usually start to thin them a little bit to make the most of what buds they have.

For instance, right now I have a two phenos of white cheese going and one pheno is short and bushy and the other is just growing tall as can be. So the short and bushy one I've been madly defoliating trying to pick the best colas to maximize my yield.

Yeah I think you missed the main stretch that everybody talks about. Its usually over about the time your flower set real well, which yours have. Your plant will still get taller as the buds stack up higher and higher, but if your plants are real bushy this is where I usually start to thin them a little bit to make the most of what buds they have.

For instance, right now I have a two phenos of white cheese going and one pheno is short and bushy and the other is just growing tall as can be. So the short and bushy one I've been madly defoliating trying to pick the best colas to maximize my yield.

Hmm. Will start to defoliate like mad. Any idea what could have prevented the stretch? Could it just be the pheno? And should I switch to flower nutes next feed?

Hmm. Will start to defoliate like mad. Any idea what could have prevented the stretch? Could it just be the pheno? And should I switch to flower nutes next feed?
I'm comfortable taking off leaves, etc. But, I recommend you go very slow first time out, maybe just one or two bigger leaves. Try for those towards the center of the plant that are blocking at least one bud site. Wait a couple days and see how they respond, many will grow faster and put on more leaves. Some will allow down, you don't really want the slow down.

Some phenos just stay squat, temps and watering habits can have an effect. Lots of things really can cause them to start smaller.

Back