Looking at it again I think we are at the 3rd node. Should I just top now? @budelee @jingo @autobeast
If you want to top 3 or 4 would work well I've grown that Durban Poison and they can get big so it's kinda your choice. If it was me I would probably top at the fourth node just to give me a little bit more working room underneath if that makes any sense. I usually end up trimming off a lot of bottom stuff.

If you want to top 3 or 4 would work well I've grown that Durban Poison and they can get big so it's kinda your choice. If it was me I would probably top at the fourth node just to give me a little bit more working room underneath if that makes any sense. I usually end up trimming off a lot of bottom stuff.

Ok great. I will wait till I get back to top then. I'm worried that the time to top will come and go while I'm gone, but i'm sure that is just "new father" syndrome.

Ok great. I will wait till I get back to top then. I'm worried that the time to top will come and go while I'm gone, but i'm sure that is just "new father" syndrome.
All good bro,i was outta cell range all day,if you need any more help tag me again..peace

I hope everyone had a great Weekend! I went away with the GF for the weekend to celebrate my birthday and had a blast. Was excited to get home and see big growth in my plants!

FFOF:
Day 15 FFOF Aerial.jpg
Day 15 FFOF.jpg

The BG:
Day 13 BG Aerial.jpg
Day 13 BG.jpg

The plant in the Black and Gold soil looked pretty sad when i got back. Think it needed water. And the curved leaf was do too fan stress, as I left the fan pointed directly at it while I was away.

I think it is also too late to top the ffof one since she has a good amount of leafage from her 4th node, and is growing a 5th one. Let me know if I am incorrect about this. A little sad about this as I wanted to try topping, and wont be able too now, but now I can just focus on LST. If it is too late to top as I suspect, then I will start ponytailing asap. And wait maybe another weak to bend her over.

Will be ordering nutes soon, plan to start ffof girl on Grow Big, and Big Bloom around day 21.

Not sure what I should do about the Black and Gold one. She is way behind her sister. Part of me wants to toss her to give more room for FFOF, but then another part of (i think the more logical and smart side) says to just let her do her thing and be thankful for what ever she yields. Let me know what yall think about that, and also the topping question. Thanks!

Hey man!!!

Well happy belated! What did you and your gf do for your Bday!? I hope you didn't get to wasted! :cheers:
Your babies are Looking real good. Perfectly healthy! I could be wrong ( @autobeast can confirm ) but she looks good to go to TOP her, how old is she? But LST is awesome too.

You should definitely let the slower one grow for now, she might one day have a growth spurt..who knows. She may end up giving you a good yield! She's barely taking up any room right now anyway, right?

And a suggestion to do is as soon as she goes into flower, then start your grow nutes, let the plant tell you what she needs. I wouldn't put any number of days to it. But just throwing suggestions out, no need to listen to me I'm still plenty n00b ..lmao!:rofl:

Anyway brother, great to have you and your babies back!! :thumbsup:

Rock on!:headbang: Happy growing!

Hey man! @Burr_nit We went down to DC to hang and go to some museums and stuff. We actually find that more fun than getting wasted, so there wasn't much of that, only a few select IPAs to wind down after a long day of walking around the Mall (we are nerds, but love each other for it).

Yea I would love some more opinions on the topping question, im itching to just do it,but not sure what i should cut off. The new node growing in or the 4th that is already slightly developed. @autobeast @jingo @budelee Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

And in terms of the nutes, I saw a video that said you can start giving autos nutes as early as days 18-20. I would obviously start with a super low dose, like 1/8th and see how she handles them. Also would only give the ffof one the nutes, as the BG girl I am just going to let go natural and introduce nutes when she is ready.

I wish I new what was stunting her growth. Maybe the soil? The pot? or just genetics. Regardless I am going to only use ffof and smart pots next grow, they seem to be beast.

And yes I am very glad to be back. Being 3 days away was excruciatingly painful lol. Kept worrying about them. Will have to go away again in two weeks to celebrate my father's birthday by sitting on the couch all day with him watching March Madness, but hopefully that trip will be a little better since I survived this one.

Thanks for all the help y'all! Yall are amazing

Hi guys..when i speak of topping training,i mention the 3rd node,this is not a be all end all time to do a topping..you most certainly can top at 2-5 or even six nodes.. If done at 5 nodes there will ne 10 branches to train and this can be a challenge,however it can certainly be done..a few factors would be the strain( sativas tend to bet a bit bigger anyway) and the estimated finish time,if its rated at 80 days,it will prolly take 90-95 and give the extra time needed..you can also wait for the next batch and arate panning it out now,,theres more rhan one way to accomplish the same thing so get as much info from as many people as you can..we are all willing to help spread knowledge and good vibes!!

Just wack the top of now, it will be three or four, maybe five. Good place to start.

That said I just fimmed one at node six/seven after pinching, mashing and tying down eight branches.

If I timed it right it'll be a comp winning plant, if not an excuse.

Back