Nutrients 1Sky jumps into AutoPots with Biotabs

Hi @Slowmo. I don;t have PK Tea, but I got lots of Cal/mag --- I got Gen.Org. which is 0-0-0 and AN Sensi which is 4-0-0. I'm just waiting for responses, like yours, to tell me that its OK to top feed it into BioTabs and AutoPot set-ups. And to hear that this is likely my problem. Thanks. Hopefully others will response too.

when biotabs was developed and tested i bet ... it wasen't under latest gen cobs (amare and my citi) ... ofc it's ok to top-feed what is needed .

if u don't have pk tea u can do a weekly 5ml orgatrex +bactrex feed :pass:

Sure wish I knew something about auto pots and biotabs. I tend to agree with the early diagnosis of lock out. Don't you have a resevor with auto aupots? Do they advise pH checking the res? Do you have to look for bad smells, etc like dwc?

I've been following and I've thought lock out and a little hungry for N early on and now definitely could use cal/mag. But, I'd swear I've seen some p issues that would come from high pH so IDK.

Sure wish I knew something about auto pots and biotabs. I tend to agree with the early diagnosis of lock out. Don't you have a resevor with auto aupots? Do they advise pH checking the res? Do you have to look for bad smells, etc like dwc?

I've been following and I've thought lock out and a little hungry for N early on and now definitely could use cal/mag. But, I'd swear I've seen some p issues that would come from high pH so IDK.

i caused a total lock-out on my White Cheese ... that smelled bad...

but the whole idea here is that you should not have to check ph ... since u only add water to rez

Yeh, you're not supposed to worry about pH or PPM with the BioTabs. BUT ... based on the fact that the pH of my RO water is naturally fairly high, I'm been taking the precaution of pH'ing it down to around 6.0 when ever I add a few gallons to my reservoir.

Also, I don't detect any smells from the res or the autopot trays. But maybe I'll just check the pH of the autopot coco/perlite mixture - just for yuks and giggles.

Hi @jingo thanks for checking in. Root aphids, eh? Yipes. I don't think so, but how would I tell? Do I need to did down into the soil, near the main stalk, and look to see if anything small is crawling around ??

Well usually you would see some fruit fly looking things flying around inside your tent. A lot of guys keep yellow sticky traps hanging around just to monitor. But I got to thinking yeah they cause all the same symptoms you're having and may attack, not every plant in your tent either they just choose the ones they want to go after then really hit them hard.

I just read that they only fly when they've exhausted the supply in one plant, and need to go colonize another. Anyway, I do have the yellow sticky papers. I'll put a few up. And I'll read up a bit more on detecting them if they're only in the soil.

@Only1Sky im horrible at diagnosing plants. Looks like the same thing I had with FB's Grapefruit Auto but with AN's nutrients. I had two different strains going in autopots on the same reservoir. The G14 looked great while the grapefruit looked worse than yours. I did not see any reason to flush since one looked great while the other didn't.

I could have tried top feeding the one more cal/mag but was afraid of screwing it up worse. Now with the BioTabs I haven't seen this issue yet, but I think it is because I'm using declorinated tap water this time which has quite a bit of calcium in it. I switch from rain/distilled water because I saw a couple grows where it looked like cal/mag became an issue in the later stages and I figured it would be interesting to try my tap water to prevent the deficiency.

Thanks for sharing this @HemiSync. That's pretty interesting, and it will be neat to see if the declorinated tap will get you through the whole BioTabs grow without any cal/mag def.

I'm starting a top-feed program of AN's high-nitrogen cal-mag+ to see if I can stop the deterioration of my GSCs.

Back