Nutrients 1Sky jumps into AutoPots with Biotabs

Try running standard tap through the rez mate no ph'ing, not supposed to and I didn't and don't on previous and current tab grows. Try that before chucking more cal mag at it as I'm still not convinced that's the problem.

What did the ph come out at?

I had lots of trouble running biotabs, kept getting something similar to your plants. In the end I started again, bought an RO filter, the water tested at 0 ec, and I added calmag to bring that up to 4 ec for the entire grow and that seemed to do the trick. Also ph'd to between 6 and 6.5. I'm not sure how easy it is to reverse it once it's started though. Good luck!

I had lots of trouble running biotabs, kept getting something similar to your plants. In the end I started again, bought an RO filter, the water tested at 0 ec, and I added calmag to bring that up to 4 ec for the entire grow and that seemed to do the trick. Also ph'd to between 6 and 6.5. I'm not sure how easy it is to reverse it once it's started though. Good luck!
Ah, very interesting, Sage. Were you also running under strong COB lights as well?

Try running standard tap through the rez mate no ph'ing, not supposed to and I didn't and don't on previous and current tab grows. Try that before chucking more cal mag at it as I'm still not convinced that's the problem.

What did the ph come out at?
Howdy Jay. Well, here's the pH report.
  • My tap water is 8.2.
  • My RO water is 8.4 (prior to any treatment or additives)
  • My Reservoir is at 6.7 (after sitting for a couple of days and having been filled with RO pH'd to 6.0)
  • My AutoPot coco medium is off the scale low ... <3 based on my Control Wizard Accurate pH8 Soil pH and Moisture Meter
I took multiple soil readings, all consistent. I also checked the soil readings of the other 3 AutoPot/BioTab plants in the tent, and they were also all the same ... <3

So what's is all mean? Beats me. So you recommend running some tap or non-altered RO water thru the res?

Thanks for sharing this @HemiSync. That's pretty interesting, and it will be neat to see if the declorinated tap will get you through the whole BioTabs grow without any cal/mag def.

I'm starting a top-feed program of AN's high-nitrogen cal-mag+ to see if I can stop the deterioration of my GSCs.

I just put the day 64 pics up in my journal and so far I haven't seen a major deficiency yet. I actually have a little nute burn on some tips. My tap water comes in at 7.5 so I have been adjusting it down to 6.5. Not sure if it's necessary or not as some say. Next BioTabs grow I'm setting up my second reservoir and will run one with no adjustments at all, except both will be declorinated.

Howdy Jay. Well, here's the pH report.
  • My tap water is 8.2.
  • My RO water is 8.4 (prior to any treatment or additives)
  • My Reservoir is at 6.7 (after sitting for a couple of days and having been filled with RO pH'd to 6.0)
  • My AutoPot coco medium is off the scale low ... <3 based on my Control Wizard Accurate pH8 Soil pH and Moisture Meter
I took multiple soil readings, all consistent. I also checked the soil readings of the other 3 AutoPot/BioTab plants in the tent, and they were also all the same ... <3

So what's is all mean? Beats me. So you recommend running some tap or non-altered RO water thru the res?
Maybe you should check your pH pen again and then check it again. Your Reverse Osmosis System should remove all the alkaline substances so the pH of your reverse osmosis water should be below 7. My tap water is 7.2 my reverse osmosis water is 6.4. I usually have about 10 ,12 , sometimes 14 parts-per-million left after my Reverse Osmosis System filters it out the 500 ppm background crap.

I'm pretty sure I remember you getting two pH test Solutions, I like to use 4 and 7 but people use 7 and 10. Some people use for 7 and 10.

I just put the day 64 pics up in my journal and so far I haven't seen a major deficiency yet. I actually have a little nute burn on some tips. My tap water comes in at 7.5 so I have been adjusting it down to 6.5. Not sure if it's necessary or not as some say. Next BioTabs grow I'm setting up my second reservoir and will run one with no adjustments at all, except both will be declorinated.
Nice ... but tell me again, what kind of lights are you running under?

BTW, I also got a 2nd AP reservoir, but I haven't used it yet on this first AP grow. I think I will on the second grow. I was thinking of maybe running a side-by-side with BioTabs on 2 autopots and a modified Advanced Nutes program on the other 2 autopots. But I'm a little worried about dumping a bunch of nutrients into the reservoir.

And, hey man, I can't wait to try out that Bud-Based Defoliation Technique. So I won't wait, I'm going hit my 57 day Sweet Tooth with it later today. This is what she looked like 5 days ago:
50.ST1.JPG

Maybe you should check your pH pen again and then check it again. Your Reverse Osmosis System should remove all the alkaline substances so the pH of your reverse osmosis water should be below 7. My tap water is 7.2 my reverse osmosis water is 6.4. I usually have about 10 ,12 , sometimes 14 parts-per-million left after my Reverse Osmosis System filters it out the 500 ppm background crap.

I'm pretty sure I remember you getting two pH test Solutions, I like to use 4 and 7 but people use 7 and 10. Some people use for 7 and 10.
OK chief, I'm on the bus. Will calibrate later today, and let you know. THanks.

Nice ... but tell me again, what kind of lights are you running under?

BTW, I also got a 2nd AP reservoir, but I haven't used it yet on this first AP grow. I think I will on the second grow. I was thinking of maybe running a side-by-side with BioTabs on 2 autopots and a modified Advanced Nutes program on the other 2 autopots. But I'm a little worried about dumping a bunch of nutrients into the reservoir.

And, hey man, I can't wait to try out that Bud-Based Defoliation Technique. So I won't wait, I'm going hit my 57 day Sweet Tooth with it later today. This is what she looked like 5 days ago:
View attachment 774442
I have two PlatinumLED P300s in the tent pulling 360 watts at the wall in bloom mode.

As for AD nutrients in the reservoir, it works great. Just don't use anything that has a biological in it like Voodoo as it can start to grow in the reservoir. I used the basic Sensi lineup on a couple of my grows. I do suggest with an nutrients in the reservoir that you take the time every couple weeks to pull apart and clean your autovalves to keep them from getting gunk built up in there.

Your sweet tooth looks like it could benefit from some defoliation, getting pretty dense in there. I'm still not sure how well this is going to work for me, but two weeks after the first one, I'm ready to do it again.

Ok, calibrated the Blue Lab pen today using 4 & 7 solutions. Getting the same identical readings on the tap water = 8.2. But the RO dropped down a few notches, from 8.4 to 7.7. It's a pretty high quality RO system -- we use it for home drinking water as well, and it gives PPM = 0. So I tend to believe the pH numbers. But maybe tomorrow I'll re-calibrate again, using the 7 & 10 solutions and then re-check my water.

Back