Nutrients 1Sky jumps into AutoPots with Biotabs

Hi Sky, I think the issue may be your application of mammoth p causing lockout. As to the remedial action, you could try a flush.

Got to be careful adding other nutes on top of the tabs as it gets too hot quite easily it seems causing issues.

Hi Sky, I think the issue may be your application of mammoth p causing lockout. As to the remedial action, you could try a flush.

Got to be careful adding other nutes on top of the tabs as it gets too hot quite easily it seems causing issues.
Um, Jay, I hadn't thought about that. I only did a Recharge + Mammouth-P application once, about 20 days ago, at 1 liter each for three of the plants --- but they are the plants showing the issues. So you may be on to something. The thing is .... I spoke with a Mammouth-P company executive at a recent convention, and he said the M-P was compatible with BioTabs. Go figure .. ??

Concerning a flush, wouldn't that also flush out the whole BioTab regime as well?

Um, Jay, I hadn't thought about that. I only did a Recharge + Mammouth-P application once, about 20 days ago, at 1 liter each for three of the plants --- but they are the plants showing the issues. So you may be on to something. The thing is .... I spoke with a Mammouth-P company executive at a recent convention, and he said the M-P was compatible with BioTabs. Go figure .. ??

Concerning a flush, wouldn't that also flush out the whole BioTab regime as well?

That's the concern bro, tricky one like you say, and I've also heard it should be compatible.

If it is bad, I'd still recommend flush, then if the girl gets hungry bury another tab in there to get it back on track.

Concerning my issues with leaf coloration: Ok @Sensi Jay. So two days ago I took one of the GSCs outside and flushed her with 5 gallons of RO pH 6.0 water. Let her drain for 12 hours. Cut a single BioTab into quarters and stuffed it about 4 inches deep around the quadrants of the pot. Gave her 1.5 liters with 10 ml Orgatrex and 1 gram of Bactrex -- which produced lots of runoff. Cut off all the bad leaves --- so a fairly significant defoliation. Put her back in the AutoPot, only to discover that the AirDome is now mal-functioning. Yipes.

When I activate the AirDome, the valve section of the autopot tray rapidly fills with water and begins to overflow. I have to unplug the airdome hose. I waited 24 hours and tried again to activate the Airdome -- but got the same result. Anybody know why (after a major flushing) the AirDome would cause this situation ???

Furthermore, I'm not sure if the flush is solving the original issue, as you can see below, she's continuing to show stress on some of the leaves:
52.GS2 a.JPG
52.GS2 b.JPG
52.GS2 c.JPG

Doesn't this look like a cal-mag deficiency? For reference, here is the other GSC with no flushing and no leaf defoliation.
52.GS1.JPG

I've always wondered how BioTab growers using coco and kick-ass LED/COB lights, like my Amare SE450, handle cal-mag issues?

Last edited:
Concerning my issues with leaf coloration: Ok @Sensi Jay. So two days ago I took one of the GSCs outside and flushed her with 5 gallons of RO pH 6.0 water. Let her drain for 12 hours. Cut a single BioTab into quarters and stuffed it about 4 inches deep around the quadrants of the pot. Gave her 1.5 liters with 10 ml Orgatrex and 1 gram of Bactrex -- which produced lots of runoff. Cut off all the bad leaves --- so a fairly significant defoliation. Put her back in the AutoPot, only to discover that the AirDome is now mal-functioning. Yipes.

When I activate the AirDome, the valve section of the autopot tray rapidly fills with water and begins to overflow. I have to unplug the airdome hose. I waited 24 hours and tried again to activate the Airdome -- but got the same result. Anybody know why (after a major flushing) the AirDome would cause this situation ???

Furthermore, I'm not sure if the flush is solving the original issue, as you can see below, she's continuing to show stress on some of the leaves:
View attachment 771799 View attachment 771800 View attachment 771801

Doesn't this look like a cal-mag deficiency? For reference, here is the other GSC with no flushing and no leaf defoliation.
View attachment 771810

I've always wondered how BioTab growers using coco and kick-ass LED/COB lights, like my Amare SE450, handle cal-mag issues?

Hey man, I would've waited to see how she was after the flush before adding another tab & nutes. As to the reason why the valve isn't working , it's a mystery to me, could be the flush has dislodged tubing inside the pot? I've not used actual autopots yet so not best placed to advise, is it possible to remove the pot and look at the bottom?

Does look like cal mag a bit but what makes me think it's burn/ lockout is it's starting at the tips. I'm stumped on this one, probs worth visit to the infirmary.

Yeh, you're probably right about waiting a bit before re-establishing the BioTab environment. And I agree, the burning at the tips doesn't seem like typical cal-mag.

Here is a photo update of the other two plants in tent - both Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth and both also on the same autopot/biotab program. The 1st plant below is 52 days old, and has shown some mild leaf curl pretty continuously, and recently is showing some yellow bleaching. She's just beginning the flowering phase.

52.ST1 b.JPG

This 2nd one (below) is just 27 days old. I think she healthier than her older sister. Yesterday I did some defol on her to help open up the interior

52.ST2.JPG

Help please folks. This is NOT what a BioTabs / AutoPot grow should look like. :shrug: Here is my GSC at day 55:

55.GS1 a.JPG
55.GS1 f.JPG

55.GS1 d.JPG
55.GS1 b.JPG

She seemed healthy for the first 5 weeks, although extremely leggy with very long internodal gaps. With topping & LST I was able to pull her back in line with other plants in the tent. By day 38 I thought I was seeing some early signs of leaf deficiency or stress, and a few burnt tips. Then by day 48 she starting showing definite leaf coloration issues: Here's some day 48 pics:

48.GS1 i.JPG
48.GS1 k.JPG
48.GS1 l.JPG
48.GS1 n.JPG

She's been on a standard BioTabs regime, with occasional Boom-Boom spray in the pre-flower days. The water is RO pH'd to 6.0. The light is the notorious kick-ass Amare SE450 with both mono and COBs engaged --- but up at a fairly respectable height, 28". AutoPot was engaged on day 26. The only deviations from the standard BioTab program have been:
  • a tiny dribble of diluted Mammouth-P on day 14 & 18
  • 1 liter of ReCharge and tiny Mammouth-P on day 30
  • 1 liter of RhinoSkin on day 39 ('cause her stalk was so weak & leggy that I needed a coat hanger to keep her up)

@Slowmo @Duggy @HemiSync @Biotabs F69 -- any ideas or suggestions? Duggy, I thought I saw on your thread some similar issues not too long ago, How does one handle cal-mag deficiency in a BT-AP grow environment when the high-intensity COBS (and coco medium) begin to stress out maturing plants ???

@Sensi Jay has suggested that this might be a lock-out (maybe from the additional non-BioTab supplements), and he recommended that I flush. I did this 5 days ago on a second GSC plant that was showing similar issues. I think it may have helped, but despite defoliation of all affected leaves, I can still see some of the same leaf stress starting to creep back into her.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide. :thanks:

My Gorilla OG is showing same signs ... major cal/mag diff

DSC_0032a.JPG
DSC_0035a.JPG
DSC_0036a.JPG

I have been trying to keep up ... but my guess is daily cal/mag is needed ...

I top-feed 0.7l extra something almost every day :haha: (be honest, every 3rd day :biggrin:) ... cal/mag or pk tea :bighug:

Hi @Slowmo. I don;t have PK Tea, but I got lots of Cal/mag --- I got Gen.Org. which is 0-0-0 and AN Sensi which is 4-0-0. I'm just waiting for responses, like yours, to tell me that its OK to top feed it into BioTabs and AutoPot set-ups. And to hear that this is likely my problem. Thanks. Hopefully others will response too.

Back