Nutrients 1Sky jumps into AutoPots with Biotabs

This grow kicks off my 2nd tent set-up. It's taken a some time to get it fully configured. While waiting to pick up my 2nd Amare SE450, I kept the babies tight up under a T5.
Then, the Amare went on with Monos on the 15th day.
11.Tent b.JPG
17.tent.JPG

Here's the girls two days after the Amare was turned on:

17.GS1.JPG
17.GS2.JPG
17.ST.JPG

I thought the grow was much slower than expected for BioTabs -- and of course the AutoPots where not turned on yet. Then I realized that I had neglected to add Orgatrex to my top watering regime. Duh. Why don't they make an AUTO-Biotab system for those of us with memory issues? I also noted some funny leave up-curl on the Sweet Tooth that was not present on either of the two Girl Scout Cookies. Head scratch?

Last edited:
You do need to pre-soak 24 to 36 hours though.

I did not pre-soak on my previous grow -- I used paper towel / plastic bag method and then into root cube once seed had opened. This worked pretty well, but does take time.

Upon kicking off this grow I decided that I would do the 24-36 hour pre-soak. Most showed no seed cracking from the soak, a couple did. All then went into root cubes and into a Glad Plastic container on top of the router. I had terrible germination rates. (Maybe some of those seeds were not fresh enough?) And of course, as you note, lots of time passes before you declare TIME-of-DEATH and start a new seed.

For the third grow (the Mephistos), which is just kicking off, I did no soaking and no paper towels. Just put the seeds right into root cubes in sealed container on router. I got 5 out of 6 to germ successfully.

I think next time I'll take your advise and plant directly into the final pots (which will be coco). I also think I'll be more aggressive with my seed stock, as I see some folks do, and plant two seeds into each pot, then cull one out if both wind up germination.

I did a little LST while waiting for the girls to get big enough to activate the pots. I noticed a significant difference in the internodal gaps between the two GSC plants, and a continued disturbing leaf curl on the Sweet Tooth.
23.GS1.JPG
23.GS2.JPG
23.ST a.JPG

I was almost at the 4 week mark (day 26) when I finally activated the AutoPots. And of course, since the reservoir water level didn't move for several days, I was worried whether or not they were working. Patience. Patience. In time it was clear the AutoPots were working just fine.
But the leaf curl on the Sweet Tooth looked horrible. Here she is the day that the pots went on:
26.ST1 curl1.JPG
26.ST1 curl2.JPG

No such problem from the two GSCs. They looked good, except for the difference in the internodal gaps, which is just a bit more pronounced.

29.GS1 a.JPG
29.GS2 a.JPG

Back