Nutrients 1Sky jumps into AutoPots with Biotabs

Glad you got your lady's alright again.

Like the GSC a lot man :smoking:
Thanks for checking in. I wish I had confidence in what I'm doing here with the Biotabs. This first grow with them has not produced the results that others seem to get. And, rightly so, I am reluctant to try to diagnose and amend or add to the program. I'm calling this first attempt just a beginner's bumbling, and hope that some future grows will be better dialed in.

But on that note .... I started another grow recently with Biotabs in coco/perlite in fiber pots. Germinated 3 seeds in root cubes. When they were 1.5 inches tall I put then in the pots with the medium prepared as per the instructions. One seedling died after 17 days -- never put out more than a couple of small leaves. The other two are alive still after twenty days, but only just barely. I mist them daily. I applied Boom-Boom spray a couple of times. I've given them 1/2 liter each of Orgatrex in RO water several times -- but neither is showing any growth. I wonder if their roots are unable to break-out of the root cube and reach to the Mycotrex ?? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I'm no expert but when I have had trouble with seedlings not lasting I always go back to basics. No food just water for the first 10 days give or take then slowly increase feed. Been watching your thread and feel these bio tabs may be a little strong for roots. Just mt opinion. But I do grow in soil.

Last edited:
I've used the plugs and just sown in the dirt, I prefer going straight in the dirt, I started using some bug stuff in me soil but the little snug hole I plant the seed in is pure with a slightly higher ratio perlight , I think everyone stumbles across some way of increasing there germ rate and it becomes thier habbit of doing things,I I put a little plastic cup over it till it pokes it head up and straightens up etc etc, :thumbsup:

Hey guys, thanks for checking in on this. Much appreciated.:welcome:

No food just water for the first 10 days give or take then slowly increase feed. Been watching your thread and feel these bio tabs may be a little strong for roots.

You make a good point, and one I've seen a few times. But on the other side of that equation, Biotabs' instructions say, "seedlings or cuttings." And I see lots of canna feed programs that specifically call for a root stimulator immediately upon germination. So, IDK, go figure, eh?? :shrug:

I prefer going straight in the dirt

I see lots of people doing that. It has the obvious benefit of accelerating the whole "kick-off" process while eliminating stress to the plant from transplant or change of environment. I used to go paper-towel, then root cube, then final pot. Fairly quickly I cut-out the paper towel step. I may try one soon by going seed directly into final pot. :cool1:

everyone stumbles across some way of increasing there germ rate and it becomes thier habbit of doing things
Yeh, I think you're right on. Trouble is.... there's got to be at least a dozen different variations on how to go about doing this. I'm trying to reduce the amount of time I spend stumbling around by keeping a detailed spread-sheet on the method, timing and outcome of every seed that I "drop." This noob don't want to waste time or seeds - but you don't learn if you don't try. :headbang:

I'm no expert but when I have had trouble with seedlings not lasting I always go back to basics. No food just water for the first 10 days give or take then slowly increase feed. Been watching your thread and feel these bio tabs may be a little strong for roots. Just mt opinion. But I do grow in soil.

What @cornish smoker says :)
Although the Biotabs are not to strong for the roots, it can't be that the biotabs release so much feeding that your seedling will die.

Only if the seedling is directly on top of the tab, it could make problems...

Good luck man, hope you other grow will be a green success!

The younger plant of this foursome is my 51 day old Sweet Tooth. She's got better size and structure than her older sister who I beat up severly with some major bud-based defo. Anyway, I worry about the younger Sweet Tooth. Here deficiency or lock out is continuing to spread, and I'm concerned she may lose all her leaves before the buds finish. I gave her another shot (half-liter top-fed) of 4-0-0 cal-mag, but I'm not sure that's the issue. Here's a look at her leaves. And ideas folks. Thanks.

75.ST2 a.JPG
75.ST2 b.JPG
75.ST2 c.JPG

No improvement on the Sweet Tooth's leave issues; still continues to spread. Yesterday she got 3/4 liter top-fed of Recharge & Mammouth-P. Today she got 3/4 liter top-fed of Orgatrex & Mammouth-P & 2 ml/L of GH Cal Mag (1-0-0). She's 55 days old, and clearly needs a several more weeks for the buds to mature.

Back