Nutrients 1Sky jumps into AutoPots with Biotabs

here is one of my current organic soil, auto pot plants - Rif Mountain hash Plant

View attachment 785643
What is the base for the soil, and did you amend it with anything prior to planting. Also, since it looks like you're still in the top-feeding phase -- what are you feeding ... anything besides water? How about pH? Do you check and adjust the pH of the top-feed, or can you comfortably just ignore it?

And here is Fastbuds Girl Scout Cookies [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] on her 84th day. Tomorrow she walks the runway in the Fastbuds GrowBattle part 2 pageant. Wish her luck...
:kiss: :dancer:After her debut she'll get another 4-8 days to let those buds develop just a bit more.

84.GSC2 bb.JPG
84.GSC2 ddd.JPG

84.GSC2 ah.JPG
84.GSC2 ca.JPG

It's been a while since posting updates and pics. So time to report on this my 1st AutoPot / BioTabs grow. As a reminder, I've got 4 girls in final stages, two Fastbuds Girl Scout Cookies, and two Barney's Farm Sweet Tooths. First, the GSCs after a few rounds of progressive harvesting of their most mature and top-most buds:

97.GSCs b.JPG

GSC#1 (on the left) had a rough time - I struggled with some deficiencies, but will be rewarded in the end. I started harvesting top buds on Day 83 (two weeks ago) and have taken a total of 8 large buds over the course of 3 snipping sessions. Now, at Day 97, she's still got lots more to give:

97.GSC1 a.JPG

GSC2 was a healthier grow, and tied for 3rd place in the Fastbuds GrowBattle Part 2, I started progressive harvesting of her about 10 days ago. Although I've snipped on at least 3 or four occasions, it doesn't look like I've made a dent. Her she is at day 97:

97.GSC2 b.JPG

I don't plan on any more updates on these two until their fully harvested and dried, so I can report on the dry weight yield and smoke quality.:hookah:

Now for an update on the two Sweet Tooths. No harvesting yet, but real, real close. The one on the right is [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and she's 97 days old. The one on the left ([HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]) is 25 days younger at 72 days. Exact same seed source, germination and grow conditions -- but a huge difference in how they've grown. Part of it is my own doing, if you look back to page 7 you'll see the before & after pics of a major bud-based defoliation that I did. I'm not likely to do that again, but we'll see how the yield/weights compare before making any final conclusions. Compared to her younger sister, #1's leaves have remained very small and her vertical & horizontal growth obviously curtailed, but the buds do seem substantial and firm. That having been said, there was always a major difference in how these two grew. Sweet Tooth [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] struggled during the early weeks with a lanky weak stalk and with funny leaf coloration issues. So who knows?

97.STs a.JPG

Here's a closer look at each; [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] on the left, [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] on the right.

97.ST2 a.JPG
97.ST1 a.JPG

Harvesting over the next week or so. Will report back when I have final results.
Happy growing all.

The way you keep experimenting with different growing Styles you should be a pro in about 2 or 3 more grows. [emoji269][emoji106]

The way you keep experimenting with different growing Styles you should be a pro in about 2 or 3 more grows. [emoji269][emoji106]
Thanks for the encouragement & kind words. That's the plan --- find out what works, then what works better, and try to avoid repeating the same mistakes more than once or twice. Well into the third grown now (the 4 Mephistos using A-Trains modified AN nute program) and I can tell that there is so, so, so much more to learn. But great fun.

Yesterday I did a full, all-at-once, chop on the 2nd (younger) Sweet Tooth. She was 78 days old and had exhausted almost all of her leaves. She filled 4 big-size brown paper bags.

Today I finished the chopping of the 1st Girl Scout Cookie. This was a progressive chop that lasted 23 days from first cut to today's final.

That still leaves 100% of the older Sweet Tooth and about 90% of the 2nd Girl Scout Cookie. Both are ready and will come down over the next 24-48 hours.

Back