Nutrients 1Sky jumps into AutoPots with Biotabs

Took down the remaining GSC#1 4 days ago. And then took all of the older Sweet Tooth 3 days ago. That Sweet Tooth, which was the one that I hit hard with the Bud-Based Defoliation, was the stickiest plant I've ever worked with. Lots of finger & scissor hash. I'm anxious to see how the weight/yield turns out. Here's how she looked as she came out of the tent at 107 days old:

107.ST1 b.JPG
107.ST1 c.JPG
107.ST1 f.JPG
107.ST1 g.JPG
107.ST1 i.JPG
107.ST1 m.JPG

That finishes up this 4-plant / 2-strain grow -- now just the drying and then curing. I'll post back when the results are in, and also share my assessment of my first attempt with AutoPots & BioTabs. Now the tent is picking up the overflow (3 of the 5) Mephistos that had been stuffed into my original 4'x4' tent. They're all about 78 days old, and now that they have more breathing room I'm sure they'll finish up in time to release both tents for the September Grow Battles. :woohoo:

You sure grew some nice fat ones! Nice job[emoji106]
Yeh, thanks man. I actually think the Bud-Based Defoliation contributed to heavier, fatter buds. Just not sure yet if the total yield will be =, less, or greater than the sister Sweet Tooth that did not get the same defol. treatment. Will be interesting to see.

Yeh, thanks man. I actually think the Bud-Based Defoliation contributed to heavier, fatter buds. Just not sure yet if the total yield will be =, less, or greater than the sister Sweet Tooth that did not get the same defol. treatment. Will be interesting to see.
I'm positive that's the case, I defoliate from about day 14 on and my yields speak for themselves. @uniqiue went with early defoliation this grow and beat his personal best.

I'm positive that's the case, I defoliate from about day 14 on and my yields speak for themselves. @uniqiue went with early defoliation this grow and beat his personal best.
Wow. Very encouraging feedback, thanks. Also, I've followed Unique's recent Sweet Seeds Trainwreck grows, but didn't remember or notice the early defoliation. I'm going to go back and review it again for that point. :toke:

Final update on dry weight results. Here's the four plants:

Girl Scout Cookies [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] = 3.33 oz // 94.10 grams
Girl Scout Cookies [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] = 4.09 oz // 116.10 grams
Sweet Tooth [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] = 3.53 oz // 115.05 grams
Sweet Tooth [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] = 3.46 oz // 98.20 grams

Grow Totals = 14.41 oz // 423.45 grams

For my 2nd grow I guess this is respectable, but not outstanding, IMO. I actually got a better yield on the Girl Scout Cookies from my noob first grow using just basic AN nutes in a fiber pot. And better overall results as well: From the Amare SE450UVB, I got 1.35 grams per watt from the noob 1st grow, but only .89 GPW from this grow. Hum...?? I clearly have more to learn about BioTabs. I'll be giving them a side by side test with AutoPots in the Sept Mephisto GrowBattle. We'll see.

As for bud-based defoliation (@HemiSync ), which I did on Sweet Tooth [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] at day 58, the results are "mixed" but interesting. (See page 7) Her growth slowed dramatically, her leaves stayed noticeably smaller and her height stayed smaller (only 19.5 inches vs 25.5) than her sister [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], and she finished 29 days later. BUT ... her yield was better. So, the defoliated gal used less tent space (especially height) and produced a slightly greater yield at the cost of longer time consuming light and nutrients. I'll probably try this technique again some time -- on a different strain and maybe earlier in the life-cycle.

Thanks to everyone for all the great help provided during the process. I had lots of challenges diagnosing seeming deficiencies with the BioTabs grow. In the end, we came though OK. But I don't yet have confidence that I know what was going on, or how to make it different in the future. But I'll try. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Mate that's a decent haul!

Next time I recommend not mixing up other nutes with the tabs, or very small additions, I'm still convinced the doses of mammoth p were not beneficial and could be the reason behind the issues.

I don't think a side by side will show anything unless you're using photo clones, as there's so much variability with autos even in same pack of seeds.

Anyway it's not all about yields, surely the improved taste and flavour shines through?

Last edited:
Back