Just had a read of your Predator thread, with Coco in Rain Science bags - has to be the way forwards mate, she is a great little plant.
Found them in the UK - £10 for the 5g which will fit lovely, and considering you put them through the washer, seems very fair.
Where did you find them?

lets grow hydro, up in Walsall :pass:
I tried them last year could not get through dont answer phone or reply to email and have a look on there facebook page at the reviews dean said he orded some today from them on line so we will see if he gets them

don't bother with bags...have a look at the e.Z. pyramids and perhaps try to get hands on them.
What I am able to to, anyone of you should be able to.
I was thinking to get back to hydro some way, because I had great results in the early days. I wanted to go on with a non-timeconsuming, less sourveillance-needing setup,doing my hempy system in airpots, which worked very. Then @The Iconoclast brought my attention to those thingies and it sounded promising. After 40 days of growing in them, i can say...it is. They do offer that medium as well as kind of pebbles...but already thosy pyramids give me all I want, and would expect from a good hydro setup.
If anyone goes for a "huge step" to something different, take them into account at least.....I would, I did, I like them...if they can be reused they're even cheaper, and I think I'm saving nutes already, because I can water to the point...and for what they do, they're worth the prize, if you count in how low the maintenance is.
For me, bags are over. Two things changed a lot for me..grove bags an the pyramids.

Cheers!

lets grow hydro, up in Walsall :pass:
That's who I've ordered from but looking at FB business reviews it's an inactive company. I'll see if anything turns up over the next 6 months....Maybe they're located in Warsaw and the e-mail address is routed through dogey euro AI.

Last edited:
don't bother with bags...have a look at the e.Z. pyramids and perhaps try to get hands on them.
What I am able to to, anyone of you should be able to.
I was thinking to get back to hydro some way, because I had great results in the early days. I wanted to go on with a non-timeconsuming, less sourveillance-needing setup,doing my hempy system in airpots, which worked very. Then @The Iconoclast brought my attention to those thingies and it sounded promising. After 40 days of growing in them, i can say...it is. They do offer that medium as well as kind of pebbles...but already thosy pyramids give me all I want, and would expect from a good hydro setup.
If anyone goes for a "huge step" to something different, take them into account at least.....I would, I did, I like them...if they can be reused they're even cheaper, and I think I'm saving nutes already, because I can water to the point...and for what they do, they're worth the prize, if you count in how low the maintenance is.
For me, bags are over. Two things changed a lot for me..grove bags an the pyramids.

Cheers!
They look good but they only go up to 4.5litre, ideally I want 16+ litre pots. The Lechuza planters I use are different gravy :hookah: but I just want to try something different as a comparison.

Going into flush mode with these four white widow autos on the start of week 11. Read an article that says that WW can be tricky in appearance and remain much whiter than other strains, so I am judging their curliness that I can trigger the last 9 days of flush under lights... Fingers crossed they get cooked properly. The odour is intense and breaking through two filters around the house LOL

Attachments

• IMG_20220628_170010-01.jpeg
    IMG_20220628_170010-01.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20220628_170004-02.jpeg
    IMG_20220628_170004-02.jpeg
    7.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220628_165527-01.jpeg
    IMG_20220628_165527-01.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 19
Going into flush mode with these four white widow autos on the start of week 11. Read an article that says that WW can be tricky in appearance and remain much whiter than other strains, so I am judging their curliness that I can trigger the last 9 days of flush under lights... Fingers crossed they get cooked properly. The odour is intense and breaking through two filters around the house LOL
Lovely looking ladies vizi

Just finished the final tidy of the Gorilla Glue, she's been 10 days in paper bags and dry but still sticky. I upgraded my set up this grow with the aim of getting 100g off a plant. Thanks to this, and in no small part, to the growers of AFN's generosity with info and help she smashed that aim. It's a double edged sword though and with a decent yield comes the seemingly endless ball ache of trimming and tidying. Time to fire up the vape I think, cheers guys :smoking: :thumbsup:

Here she is just before chop
20220618_210748.jpg

What to do with the three witches?

I initially thought the Pineapple was suffering from light burn so I turned it down from 450ppfd > 300. As a result within 24hrs the Mimosa stretched 2". So I have two triploids both started life that way and one is now not showing a proper top, she's on day 13 and the other a Dos-Si-Dos on day 11. They can grow out of it more often than not by the time the 4th node appears but not in this case. I'm pulling the Mimosa as I doubt she'll come to anything and possibly keep the Pineapple, as for the Dos-Si-Dos, I'll give her a few more days.

The missing top on the Triploid Mimosa

Missing.jpg

The 2nd triploid a Dos-Si-Dos

Day11DSD.jpg

The very odd and twisted Pineapple Express, god knows what the brown rust spots were, no nutes, just ph'd water in Bio-Bizz light. The water in the humidifier is chlorinated but I've been using the Bio-System, Neutralise to take care of that, very strange indeed :nono:

Day17PX.jpg

Last edited:
Back