Have thought of using an RO machine for your water. It will eliminate all these issues and then there wil be no need for treatments.
An RO machine is defo on my wish list and it makes sense to use one. I've just been using shop bought bottled water for the humidifier to stop calcium deposits (my hard water is pants) and filtered ph'd water for feeding. Something is a miss but having the two triploids makes me think it's just one of those things. Only one plant has rusty spots but new growth looks really good, that's the runt that will get topped. I've only had this issue once before and that was a hot potting mix (All-Mix) but the girls grew through it by Day 20.

Any advice on how to get this lady to bulk up a little bit??

Going into flush mode with these four white widow autos on the start of week 11. Read an article that says that WW can be tricky in appearance and remain much whiter than other strains, so I am judging their curliness that I can trigger the last 9 days of flush under lights... Fingers crossed they get cooked properly. The odour is intense and breaking through two filters around the house LOL

I was so proud of my white widow autos (knee high with 4-5 colas on each) until I ran into this guy. He claims
the auto is 124 days old. fb://photo/4861398893965807?set=a.102863419819402

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1656536973958.jpg
    FB_IMG_1656536973958.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 19
An RO machine is defo on my wish list and it makes sense to use one. I've just been using shop bought bottled water for the humidifier to stop calcium deposits (my hard water is pants) and filtered ph'd water for feeding. Something is a miss but having the two triploids makes me think it's just one of those things. Only one plant has rusty spots but new growth looks really good, that's the runt that will get topped. I've only had this issue once before and that was a hot potting mix (All-Mix) but the girls grew through it by Day 20.
hey DeanOnAuto - I use spotless water to get my RO, they have pumps around the country, you get a little token when you sign up, load up the token then fill away.

hey DeanOnAuto - I use spotless water to get my RO, they have pumps around the country, you get a little token when you sign up, load up the token then fill away.
I'll check that out, :toke: I just looked, what a great idea, I can just imagine now UK AFN members leaving reviews on their corp website :crying: :crying:

As a footnote, I ph'd the water in my humidifier yesterday it was 7.5, not overly high but maybe enough to cause seedling ph/calcium issues. I'm running it now at 6.5 to see if new growth responds to it positively. The Jack Herer and Chocolate Kush are the last of those I have so they need extra love.:bighug:p.s I'm a Spotless water member now, 3.5p a litre :toke:

Last edited:
thanks Dean :toke:
you will love it, I mix it with tap water as I found it ever so difficult to get my EC to settle with just RO - it really is all over the place

Just a quickie on Grove bags.
Opened up some that was heat sealed and in the fridge since the beginning of December. The smoke now is grand, very very smooth and a definite increase in the smell - there is no drama with a sneaky pure doob, not a cough. For me, it kept everything just right with zero touch.
4B310E02-0E58-48B0-A3D6-C47FFAA30457.jpeg
6840088D-6B14-4E8C-81B1-ECCAF728D950.jpeg

I still think the smaller bags are a pain, but for a decent 'zero-touch' cure they are just the ticket!

thanks Dean :toke:
you will love it, I mix it with tap water as I found it ever so difficult to get my EC to settle with just RO - it really is all over the place

Just a quickie on Grove bags.
Opened up some that was heat sealed and in the fridge since the beginning of December. The smoke now is grand, very very smooth and a definite increase in the smell - there is no drama with a sneaky pure doob, not a cough. For me, it kept everything just right with zero touch.
View attachment 1479859View attachment 1479860

I still think the smaller bags are a pain, but for a decent 'zero-touch' cure they are just the ticket!

In the fridge you say?

Does this give a noticeable improvement over a cool dark cupboard?

Nice looking nugs.

Qb

In the fridge you say?

Does this give a noticeable improvement over a cool dark cupboard?

Nice looking nugs.

Qb
heyu QB, It is a drinks fridge, to be 100% honest I cannot say if it makes a real difference short term, but longer term 6 months an up I do feel it keeps the weed in better shape.

heyu QB, It is a drinks fridge, to be 100% honest I cannot say if it makes a real difference short term, but longer term 6 months an up I do feel it keeps the weed in better shape.

That should be perfect for long term storage, it's definitely something I'm looking into, especially for my hash and concentrates. All turps should be well preserved, there's something to be said for cold curing especially rosin.

Cheers @Zaaboot I've not got the space to test out the theory sadly. Could maybe get away with one of the 1/8th grove bags in the crisper compartment if I'm lucky. If I remember after next harvest then I'll try it out.

Qb

Back