Just finished the final tidy of the Gorilla Glue, she's been 10 days in paper bags and dry but still sticky. I upgraded my set up this grow with the aim of getting 100g off a plant. Thanks to this, and in no small part, to the growers of AFN's generosity with info and help she smashed that aim. It's a double edged sword though and with a decent yield comes the seemingly endless ball ache of trimming and tidying. Time to fire up the vape I think, cheers guys :smoking: :thumbsup:

Here she is just before chop
View attachment 1478990
She looks a cracker should be some fine smoke :thumbsup:

What to do with the three witches?

I initially thought the Pineapple was suffering from light burn so I turned it down from 450ppfd > 300. As a result within 24hrs the Mimosa stretched 2". So I have two triploids both started life that way and one is now not showing a proper top, she's on day 13 and the other a Dos-Si-Dos on day 11. They can grow out of more often than not by the time the 4th node appears but not in this case. I'm pulling the Mimosa as I doubt she'll come to anything and possibly keep the Pineapple, as for the Dos-Si-Dos, I'll give her a few more days.

The missing top on the Triploid Mimosa

View attachment 1478991

The 2nd triploid a Dos-Si-Dos

View attachment 1478993

The very odd and twisted Pineapple Express, god knows what the brown rust spots were, no nutes, just ph'd water in Bio-Bizz light. The water in the humidifier is chlorinated but I've been using the Bio-System, Neutralise to take care of that, very strange indeed :nono:

View attachment 1478994
They do look ruff could be a iffy bag of soil or a PH issue some how as the leaves look twisted

That's who I've ordered from but looking at FB business reviews it's an inactive company. I'll see if anything turns up over the next 6 months....Maybe they're located in Warsaw and the e-mail address is routed through dogey euro AI.
Oh pants - I put an order in as well, let’s see

I tried them last year could not get through dont answer phone or reply to email and have a look on there facebook page at the reviews dean said he orded some today from them on line so we will see if he gets them
Just spotted that as well, I put an order in also - no dramas either way, if they come through happy days

They do look ruff could be a iffy bag of soil or a PH issue some how as the leaves look twisted
Yep, twisted worse than Oliver, they just came out like that, just twisted and with leaves missing. These were all seeds that were freebees and keep in the fridge from 2 years ago. I have 2 bags of fresh soil and plenty of seeds, I might just start the two triploids again with strong Dutch Passion genetics in fresh soil and keep the Pineapple, like you say they're real rough. :toke: I just popped a Chocolate Kush and a Jack Herer into Root-it cubes. :jointman: It's a set back but my last haul, should still see me through, providing I don't have any more set backs.

Last edited:
Yep, twisted worse than Oliver, they just came out like that, just twisted and with leaves missing. These were all seeds that were freebees and keep in the fridge from 2 years ago. I have 2 bags of fresh soil and plenty of seeds, I might just start the two triploids again with strong Dutch Passion genetics in fresh soil and keep the Pineapple, like you say they're real rough. :toke: I just popped a Chocolate Kush and a Jack Herer into Root-it cubes. :jointman: It's a set back but my last haul, should still see me through, providing I don't have any more set backs.
That sounds like a plan i allways rip them out if they look bad when young as dont want to get to harvest and think bollocks should of killed them at the start which i have done a couple of times :smoking:

They look good but they only go up to 4.5litre...

That's not a bug, it's a feature! The substrate creates a larger volume of fine root structure with the perfect air/water ratio, sort of like the way your stomach lining has the area of a football field except different. So the 1 litre mini pyramid is equivalent to about a one gal (or maybe more). So far with my own hands on experience this seems about right as I can get 2+ zip of top shelf bud off the mini. I've not had a result off the large one yet but that 4.5L is claimed to be equivalent to a 13.5L but in my experience it's more like a 16L at least. And @kfigerm's large pyramid looks to be doing as well as a 16L hydro, so in another 6 weeks we'll have that data point as well.

What to do with the three witches?

I initially thought the Pineapple was suffering from light burn so I turned it down from 450ppfd > 300. As a result within 24hrs the Mimosa stretched 2". So I have two triploids both started life that way and one is now not showing a proper top, she's on day 13 and the other a Dos-Si-Dos on day 11. They can grow out of it more often than not by the time the 4th node appears but not in this case. I'm pulling the Mimosa as I doubt she'll come to anything and possibly keep the Pineapple, as for the Dos-Si-Dos, I'll give her a few more days.

The missing top on the Triploid Mimosa

View attachment 1478991

The 2nd triploid a Dos-Si-Dos

View attachment 1478993

The very odd and twisted Pineapple Express, god knows what the brown rust spots were, no nutes, just ph'd water in Bio-Bizz light. The water in the humidifier is chlorinated but I've been using the Bio-System, Neutralise to take care of that, very strange indeed :nono:

View attachment 1478994

Twisted leaves are often a sign of a slight ph in balance. Most of the time it really is nothing to worry about unless new growth keep showing signs. Do you use any microbial products. Once a week water with Recharge or something similar would solve this problem easy.
Rusted spots normally indicate calcium diff which in turn at this stage of growth could mean a little to much light.
Let the runt live, often or not they turn out to be the best.

Twisted leaves are often a sign of a slight ph in balance. Most of the time it really is nothing to worry about unless new growth keep showing signs. Do you use any microbial products. Once a week water with Recharge or something similar would solve this problem easy.
Rusted spots normally indicate calcium diff which in turn at this stage of growth could mean a little to much light.
Let the runt live, often or not they turn out to be the best.
I initially thought it was light burn myself but after dimming the light to 300ppfd from 450, 24hrs later, the Mimosa went on a crazy stretch run.

No nutrients or additives until at least day 27, the Bio-Bizz light, I've found does it's job until then. The soil had 3 teaspoons of Dynomyco mixed in prior to transplanting from the Root-It cubes and then I water (ph6.8) by hand. I checked all my data, that looks good, It must be either a batch of bad soil or Chlorine from the mineral water that's in the humidifier. I use the neutralise from ecothrive to sort this for me but I must admit it's all very odd. Two of the girls are getting pulled in any case, I'll mix up some new soil and clean the pots with an H2o2 solution, start again and keep the runt. :jointman:

Last edited:
I initially thought it was light burn myself but after dimming the light to 300ppfd from 450, 24hrs later, the Mimosa went on a crazy stretch run.

No nutrients or additives until at least day 27, the Bio-Bizz light, I've found does it's job until then. The soil had 3 teaspoons of Dynomyco mixed in prior to transplanting from the Root-It cubes and then I water (ph6.8) by hand. I checked all my data, that looks good, It must be either a batch of bad soil or Chlorine from the mineral water that's in the humidifier. I use the neutralise from ecothrive to sort this for me but I must admit it's all very odd. Two of the girls are getting pulled in any case, I'll mix up so me new soil and clean the pots with an H2o2 solution and start again and keep the runt. :jointman:

Have thought of using an RO machine for your water. It will eliminate all these issues and then there wil be no need for treatments.

Back