Outdoor The never ending story

Great to see the Aussie grows, we are making some progress.

3 years on autos for me, I didn't know about them or even much about strains and types before and I'd been growing shared photo cuttings for years!

Hec is slaying it!

I had no idea that there were so many strains out there. I had never grown any weed plant until 6 or 7 months ago, now I can't stop growing them:haha:. I've only grown 1 photo plant but want to explore a few more this year....I'm only going to grow them out the same way i do my autos though, veg indoors for a month or so and flower outdoors. No monsters like Skelly grows unfortunately!
You're not wrong about Hec, he's really smashing it. I've been taking notes from him all the time. @fettled6

After toking shit bag weed for years I'm loving having so much variety to choose from!:baked: I never knew such great weed existed until i started growing my own, now I'm obsessed with trying out new strains. I wish i had of started growing my own a lot sooner :wall:. It will definitely be a good learning curve. Each grow seems to get a little bit better, so I'm excited to see how the year pans out :joy:. :cheers:
:smokeout: .... even a spoiled California boyo like myself still truly appreciates the diversity and "connoiseurmanship" :rofl: of growing and smoking up all these fabulous strains that have become so much more readily available... it's an absolute avalanche of choices out there, commercial and private! And some of the best stuff comes from indie' breeders like we have right here- :hump:....
Mates, I have touted this to some of you already, but I'll remind here again: look into the so called Fast versions of photo' strains, which are crosses of auto + photo, still light sensitive, but bloom speeds are faster :coffee: ... Sweet opened the door wide on these a while ago, many of their best are now available in FV versions; Green Poison F1FV is total gem, a must try! Blazing fast, every one I've grown was done blooming in under 5 weeks outside :hothot: .... Dutch Passions Think Fast is excellent (not sure if they have others?),... Delicious Seeds has several now too, and if you've seen Skelly's grows, you know the Goods are there with that breeder,... there are smattering of others out there too... But the point here is if you have dicey weather by harvest time, late season, then these can be just fast enough to avoid most or all of the mold-inducing conditions.....:thumbsup:
I've been looking for African strains (what an amazing buzz they offer!) that are viable to grow in my climate, not a lot out there because of the long bloom times with those close to their landrace roots... but I found Original Delicatessen which has a few select crosses that are advertised to be really fast, especially for such types of equatorial Sativa's-- 7-9 weeks! I'm going to run Lilly for sure, Edy (a Himalayan/African hybrid) will have to wait....
It turns out that some breeders have been tinkering with ruderalis/auto's long before they were a "thing", not to make auto's per se, but to back cross into photo strains to speed their blooming up making longer cycle plants do-able in cooler, short season places like Northern EU... Female Seeds is a good example,.... GB check them out as well, and note that Female says to not run them in tents on really long light cycles before moving outside or it may trigger them into blooming sooner than you may want....

I got some beautiful stuff from the two Sweet F1FV 's I grew ( cheese and GP), probably my best quality of the season. But they did not kick into flower till too late for comfort...had to move them in and they even still did well considering. The problem I take it is my 56N latitude long days. I'm trying more XXL's this coming season.
@Waira I got a kick out of that mention of the rudy/photo breeding remembering I did that over 20 years ago totally clueless as to how to do it lol we ruined a perfectly good:crying: strain...

:rofl: I'm so spoiled by living where i do, my climate gets better for growing towards the end of summer :haha:, winter is practically non existent here. Humidity and temperature should start to ease off a little bit by March, in theory I can grow even the longest flowering photo sativas! :cuss: Now you have me thinking about African strains as well! The only downsides so far about my climate are it's shorter daylight hrs (a little over 14 hrs on the longest day) and it can get as hot as hell :hothot: , most days in summer are around 100f. In winter/spring I can grow some nice heavy indica outdoors and not have to worry too much about mould as humidity drops to around 30%:headbang:. This winter I'm really looking forward to growing a D.P night queen, and dinafem auto WW xxl, I must grow the destroyer from D.P at some stage this year as well! :coffee2: An exciting year to come that's for sure :thumbsup:
:smokeout: .... even a spoiled California boyo like myself still truly appreciates the diversity and "connoiseurmanship" :rofl: of growing and smoking up all these fabulous strains that have become so much more readily available... it's an absolute avalanche of choices out there, commercial and private! And some of the best stuff comes from indie' breeders like we have right here- :hump:....
Mates, I have touted this to some of you already, but I'll remind here again: look into the so called Fast versions of photo' strains, which are crosses of auto + photo, still light sensitive, but bloom speeds are faster :coffee: ... Sweet opened the door wide on these a while ago, many of their best are now available in FV versions; Green Poison F1FV is total gem, a must try! Blazing fast, every one I've grown was done blooming in under 5 weeks outside :hothot: .... Dutch Passions Think Fast is excellent (not sure if they have others?),... Delicious Seeds has several now too, and if you've seen Skelly's grows, you know the Goods are there with that breeder,... there are smattering of others out there too... But the point here is if you have dicey weather by harvest time, late season, then these can be just fast enough to avoid most or all of the mold-inducing conditions.....:thumbsup:
I've been looking for African strains (what an amazing buzz they offer!) that are viable to grow in my climate, not a lot out there because of the long bloom times with those close to their landrace roots... but I found Original Delicatessen which has a few select crosses that are advertised to be really fast, especially for such types of equatorial Sativa's-- 7-9 weeks! I'm going to run Lilly for sure, Edy (a Himalayan/African hybrid) will have to wait....
It turns out that some breeders have been tinkering with ruderalis/auto's long before they were a "thing", not to make auto's per se, but to back cross into photo strains to speed their blooming up making longer cycle plants do-able in cooler, short season places like Northern EU... Female Seeds is a good example,.... GB check them out as well, and note that Female says to not run them in tents on really long light cycles before moving outside or it may trigger them into blooming sooner than you may want....

:pass: hey J'!
I got some beautiful stuff from the two Sweet F1FV 's I grew ( cheese and GP), probably my best quality of the season. But they did not kick into flower till too late for comfort...had to move them in and they even still did well considering. The problem I take it is my 56N latitude long days. I'm trying more XXL's this coming season.
@Waira I got a kick out of that mention of the rudy/photo breeding remembering I did that over 20 years ago totally clueless as to how to do it lol we ruined a perfectly good:crying: strain...
I think that's exactly it, Skelly has the same problem too, late triggering because of the way the light changes in those Lat's,.... were your FV's slower to trigger than reg. photo's? Mine usually are the first, by not always, and not by much in comparison to other strains close in I:S parentage,.... The C+2.0 last season was a tire smoker, first to switch, rapid flower formation, first across the finish line, and she's a plain reg' strain...
:biggrin:- no shit, you were playing around with rudi's that long ago? Were they actual rudi's, or something like LR, already tinkered with some?

>>> GB, my peak summer light hours are right at 14/10 as well, central coastal CA,... but it's a cool, often Summer foggy weather zone, Fall is our best weather hands down.... but we get the cool nights then, and later, sporadic light rain can show up, triggering the damn molds to activate!
You can get away with far more strain than i can, especially those that need the drier late bloom conditions... Hash Plants, old world Indica landraces, other bitchy "indoor" strains that cannot handle high RH%, to weak against mild.... your long Summer is perfect for Sativa's, if you have the time and patience,... ACE, CannBioGen, and some others have fantastic selections for these,.... Ah, Destroyer/Desfran! :drool: yeeeeeshhhhh,... I think DP's Desfran is a bit faster vs CBG's Destroyer,... oddly, both have auto versions, (DP made them actually), but CBG's is faster than DP version = :shrug:... likely slightly different mother plants, selections, etc.,... Desfran I may risk someday, and Wild Thai (WoS) too! WTR is a damn nice auto, BTW....

@Waira You know, I'm not sure, it's all from my faulty memory but I got it from some folks in another village who were pretty proactive growers with Cali connections lol....and were trying to do the same thing we were doing. I also got a strain from them called M-11 that was to be the other parent. It was killer as I recall. I did grow LR and LR 2 when they came out (or when I first saw them) do you know when those were first on the market?
On the F1FV's, it looks like they and the regular photos began preflower about the same time...first week September:crying:

Temperatures have been great for growing this week, tops of around 36c with humidity around 65%. The 2 biggest girls are finding their groove after a terrible start to life, they have never had any supplemental lighting. The euphoria seedling has had a rough week, some stoner gave her the leftover feed from the 2 oldest gals and burnt the fook out of her. Gave her a light flush out and new growth seems ok!
20190116_101458.jpg

Back