Mephisto Genetics The CannaDrama Tabernacle: Hubbabubbasmelloscope, Autopots, Milk powder

Day 16 update

The hubba's are growing nicely, they are being fed full strength H&G soil A+B, Aptus calmag boost and Bio-Green enzymes all dissolved in a bubble made tea of No Mercy Bacterial and Bio-Nova Biolife, pH 6.4'ish.

CameraZOOM-20150918195207820.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150918195226025.jpg

And the Milk Lady.......sorry to say, but she is real bushy and the space between the nodes is very short, so I decided to cancel the mainlining attempt and give it go on another plant soonest. I just couldn't make myself mess with that dense green lushness.......Yeah, I'm a bit faint-hearted!
I thought she would strech a bit, the 250w nominal Xmaxdiscount light(5w diodes) is 80 cm above her.......well, I thought wrong!! Perhaps if I hadn't buried her right up to the cotyledons..........
She is on 1 g of milk powder per liter for now, and no sign of any deficiencies as yet........pH 6.4'ish
CameraZOOM-20150918195258734.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150918195310973.jpg

CameraZOOM-20150918195323955.jpg

In a few days the Autopots comes online........question, how long can one keep a solution of 1g milk powder per liter "fresh" in an aerated solution, before it goes sour........hmmmm, suppose I need to join a baby forum or such for that little nugget.........

Im not familiar with airpot growing, can you explain a bit?
Don't worry too much about souring, real milk would go off quicker, I always made my feed fresh after letting my water sit for 24 hours.

My guess would be about 24 hrs ... but that's just a guess ... they look great ... how's the dry and cure going ?

24 Hours ehhh, yeah, that's pretty close to my own guessing......suppose I could start a little testing, but how to determine if it really has gone to a state where it is bad for the plant
think08.gif
.......smell alone is probably not the best indicator, and tasting it is out the question.......lol.........sort of defeats the purpose of the autopot!!!

The drying went sort of ok, there was a bit of mould in the large TD colas. Thanks for the advise and help :thumbsup:. The dried buds is now resting in jars with boveda's and I burp them every 2-3 days for 10-15 minutes. Smells very citrusy, both the TD and the Frisian Dew.

Last edited:
Im not familiar with airpot growing, can you explain a bit?
Don't worry too much about souring, real milk would go off quicker, I always made my feed fresh after letting my water sit for 24 hours.

If you mean Autopots rather than airpots, then here is the Autopot infomercials http://www.autopot.co.uk/video/autopot-4pot-system-animation

And here is the airdome wisdom

I hear you about the milk powder, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the Autopots having to mix it up daily or every second day, but if I can't feed through the Autopot system......I guess I'll survive handwatering!

My guess would be about 24 hrs ... but that's just a guess ...

Well, it turns out that apparently any mixed up milk(re-constituted) comes with recommendations like this when human babies are concerned

• Mix up a fresh feed at home on the day you need it.
  • Cool the feed in the back of the fridge, where it is coldest, for at least an hour.
  • If you're going out, transfer the feed into a cool bag with an ice pack and use it within four hours.
  • If you're going somewhere where there's a fridge, put the feed straight in the main part of the fridge. The stored milk must be used within 12 hours.
  • Re-warm the milk for no more than 15 minutes.
hmmmmm, so what's the deal with canna juveniles and seniors........could there be some canna defoliating, root munching and/or bud smoking (worst case scenario!) bacteria in milk powder.......off hand it seems unlikely I would say!

Now why did I have to be clever and plant in an Autopot instead of in an Airpot as planned, which would have made this quagmire redundant.........
120A52~1.GIF

Day 19 update

They are still on full full strength H&G soil A+B, Aptus calmag boost and Bio-Green enzymes all dissolved in a bubble made tea of No Mercy Bacterial and Bio-Nova Biolife, pH 6.4'ish.
Growth is not to be winked at me thinks.......and with the autopots being switched on within the next couple of days, surely there is more to come
CameraZOOM-20150921104051846.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150921104354463.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150921104552742.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150921104637718.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150921104805684.jpg

And the milk lady is becoming a real dense bushy dame, wonder if she'll grow a moustache and start shaving.....this could be on account of her residing in Corgy's very own placebo soil mix
shocking.gif
whereas the other damsels is cozying up to the Plagron light mix with perlite, or it could be the light, the milk lady is under 5w diodes and the others are under 3w'ers at the the same distance
dunno.png
......or it could be the vanilla taste.........she is fed with 1 g per liter every 2 days or so
CameraZOOM-20150921104924570.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150921104943849.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150921104908254.jpg

Back