New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

:yeahthat: lol my critical cheese suffered from pH issues, overfeeding multiple times, nutrient deficiency and whatnot and I ended up with around 45gs of great bud so as long as she ain't dying youll be okay, and I doubt they are because it seems to take a lot to kill a ganja plant :growing:

Sorry to hear that its' been a struggle, sounds super frustrating. Looking forward to seeing a pic as I'm sure it looks worse to yourself than anyone else!
My Tangie yellowed off a lot too towards the end. Check this pic that was a week or so before flushing. You can see the whole thing had yellowed off right into the top colas, she looked pretty busted! I had no idea what I was doing (far less than you do) and it still produced a ton of great bud. Obviously it would be better to correct any issues but I think you'll be surprised how well she finishes in sub optimal conditions.
full

I’m in the same boat but still have 35-40 days before I get my report card ..... my first two girls I’m thinking I’ll be lucky to get 45 grams between the two of them

563F3D5E-CEAD-432A-BFFE-43F7AA37BFDC.jpeg

7BB6F7A1-FC89-420F-817B-F395EFEF7507.jpeg

I’m in the same boat but still have 35-40 days before I get my report card ..... my first two girls I’m thinking I’ll be lucky to get 45 grams between the two of them

View attachment 999901
View attachment 999902

What medium are you using there mate? Can't seem to pin it down

But that looks like full on N-P-K deficiency there for whatever reason mate, and I'm seeing a little need for cal too. It's a shame, any idea what's causing it?

I mean if it's not a pH issue then they are certainly hungry!

just got AFN access on my phone

sat in the fish n chip shop super happy about it :pighug:

Nice one man, hope to see you around a little more often!

Had to have a very painful and difficult dental surgery type extraction earlier today and only wish I could eat fish n chips rn :baghead:

I guess I lost track of your journal Froot, too much going on. Sorry to see your ladies are struggling. I wish I could hand you the smoking gun and I would if I had it. I know nothing about soil, or coco, and very little about DWC to be honest :rofl: I’m sure the infirmary will have you set to rights sooner than later. Got my fingers crossed for you.

i think it's me who lost track of the journal :haha: access has been difficult for various reasons but i think i've got that sussed now! struggles there have been but it's all part of the learning process - if i'd been growing for a while then i'd be mad, but i'm still very green :eyebrows:

Yeah man I pay for full device security VPN, can't remember the name of mine right now but there's plenty out there that would be perfect for your needs.

Honestly mate I don't think my girls would be anywhere near as good at this point of the learning process if I wasn't using a more forgiving line like biobizz, and then using their light mix on top means the soil pH doesn't even need testing anymore.
Might help you find you confidence like it did me before moving on. Found the chemical stuff to be a lot more complicated and easy to go wrong even with a bottle of calmag

Best of luck mate

aye matey, i'll be switching things up when i can. but i can't blame the nutrient line for my mistakes! truth is, if i had the means to measure in-pot ph, i could have rectified things before they got out of hand. i know the risks and i'll serve the time :thumbsup:
so a decent ph probe is on the shopping list come January payday.

Sorry to hear that its' been a struggle, sounds super frustrating. Looking forward to seeing a pic as I'm sure it looks worse to yourself than anyone else!
My Tangie yellowed off a lot too towards the end. Check this pic that was a week or so before flushing. You can see the whole thing had yellowed off right into the top colas, she looked pretty busted! I had no idea what I was doing (far less than you do) and it still produced a ton of great bud. Obviously it would be better to correct any issues but I think you'll be surprised how well she finishes in sub optimal conditions.
full

no no all is not lost, she's still producing and i'll get a decent bit of bud off her. but man, in 48 hours she went from beautiful to full-on FUGLY and that was the real heartbreaker. she's not any prettier now but she did stack some very frosty, greasy and citrusy buds so we are okay.

:yeahthat: lol my critical cheese suffered from pH issues, overfeeding multiple times, nutrient deficiency and whatnot and I ended up with around 45gs of great bud so as long as she ain't dying youll be okay, and I doubt they are because it seems to take a lot to kill a ganja plant :growing:

haha no she's not quite dead yet matey, soon enough though...:muahaha:
it was just the speed at which everything went from great to pants, was scary stuff. thanks bro.

View attachment 999901
View attachment 999902

oooh now that's some real yellowing. hopefully things started getting better, friend? lovely structure on those...

After seeing this I texted my GF and asked her to bring fish n chips home.

Shouldn't have had that 4pm smoke!

happy to help out with that daily dilemma of "what's for dinner?" :glutton:

Nice one man, hope to see you around a little more often!

Had to have a very painful and difficult dental surgery type extraction earlier today and only wish I could eat fish n chips rn :baghead:

yeh bro my activity has been lacking for a few reasons but hopefully got it sorted now...been driving me nuts to be honest...i can live without my own journal but i really miss the daily catch up on other journals!

so i got some photos guys

let's start with the latest generation

Stilton Special Day 27

Stilton27.jpg
StiltonS27.jpg

she's my latest victim of training, same technique as the Tangie, bent over, strapped down, pulled the main stem around the pot a tad to get that nice "S" bend. then just tucking everything else along the way. structure is coming along, she's 4 weeks old today. she has some lighter green patches on her older leaves and some slight discolouring to newer fans, but nothing i'm too concerned about. started feeding these very lightly from week 2 because of the yellowing and i think they wanted to get some CalMag early.

Ripley's OG Day 26

Ripley26.jpg

Ripleys26.jpg

she's a busy girl. no training. i was going to top her (honest, i was!) but when the Tangie turned south i totally bailed on the chop.
i didn't realise Mephisto call her their tallest strain on average. let's see how tall she gets! if her sides struggle to keep up with the main cola, she'll get supercropped to try and even up the canopy. i don't mind a tall girl so long as the lower stuff gets adequate lighting. also considering adding some blurple spectrum to my lighting...more on that later.
she had one or two light feeds from week 2 with some N in to make sure those lighter patches both my Mephisto girls were showing were not from lack of N - again, i think the CalMag sorted the issue. she's rather dark with a bit of claw, but i've not given her any N for a week now. she's due a feed tonight but i don't think she's ready for more N yet so perhaps just a splash of Voodoo for her...

Mephisto girls aren't 100% either;

Ripley's

View attachment 996004

Stilton Special;

View attachment 996005

light patches on both
i primed the pots with Dutch Pro nutes as i did with the Tangie but these girls are running out of steam a week earlier. i think the pots were prepped a bit too early and dried out too much so maybe lost some of the goodness in there. have given a super light feed of Sensi and CalMag as it looks like N or Mag to me.
growth is nice though so hopefully be okay.
That mg def when the leaves look like bars. Up calmag for ROG for sure. Mine was using full strength at that age and double when full grown

so i got some photos guys

let's start with the latest generation

Stilton Special Day 27

View attachment 1000798 View attachment 1000799

she's my latest victim of training, same technique as the Tangie, bent over, strapped down, pulled the main stem around the pot a tad to get that nice "S" bend. then just tucking everything else along the way. structure is coming along, she's 4 weeks old today. she has some lighter green patches on her older leaves and some slight discolouring to newer fans, but nothing i'm too concerned about. started feeding these very lightly from week 2 because of the yellowing and i think they wanted to get some CalMag early.

Ripley's OG Day 26

View attachment 1000800
View attachment 1000801

she's a busy girl. no training. i was going to top her (honest, i was!) but when the Tangie turned south i totally bailed on the chop.
i didn't realise Mephisto call her their tallest strain on average. let's see how tall she gets! if her sides struggle to keep up with the main cola, she'll get supercropped to try and even up the canopy. i don't mind a tall girl so long as the lower stuff gets adequate lighting. also considering adding some blurple spectrum to my lighting...more on that later.
she had one or two light feeds from week 2 with some N in to make sure those lighter patches both my Mephisto girls were showing were not from lack of N - again, i think the CalMag sorted the issue. she's rather dark with a bit of claw, but i've not given her any N for a week now. she's due a feed tonight but i don't think she's ready for more N yet so perhaps just a splash of Voodoo for her...
Looking good and I second the no nutes for now. ROG will handle all you can give her. But your other is too hot. You can tell by the wrinkly leaves even though the newer is so bright.

Back