New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

The tip burn can happen even when a plant is starving for something else. i’ve seen nitrogen tox coincide with P deficiency myself on both Val and Greta because i has overfed them, took maybe 5 days to show, was a little too light with feee and then around the same time the N tox showed she was showing then need for some bloom feed.

But like what everyone else said i could be wrong

Not really that bad though man, it’s probably more the contrast between what was and what is if you get me!

Mephisto girls aren't 100% either;

Ripley's

Ripleys.jpg

Stilton Special;

Stilton.jpg

light patches on both
i primed the pots with Dutch Pro nutes as i did with the Tangie but these girls are running out of steam a week earlier. i think the pots were prepped a bit too early and dried out too much so maybe lost some of the goodness in there. have given a super light feed of Sensi and CalMag as it looks like N or Mag to me.
growth is nice though so hopefully be okay.

thanks guys

have posted up a thread in the sick bay

not gonna lie feeling pretty sad she's gone south so quickly. scary stuff.
i think i might be done with soil after these pots finish up. large pots of soil are tough to keep optimised.

If you’re growing in soil stick to organics man, we get tought in college how soil + chemicals don’t mix well. The harsh chemicals are fine for plants but no so great for microbial life and basically anything that is all immediately available to then plant in soil rather than having something to break down also causes problems. It’s why miracle grow rose bushes only seem to last a year before packing it in!
Not saying this coz i’m anti chemical nutes, simply stating that since i’ve switched all organic i don’t have the same problems

With your line-up and growing practices you might find yourself more comfortable in coco as soil growing seems to be a lot more in depth in terms of variables whereas you can basically use someone else’s coco grow as a template which is ideal if you’re not like me and willing to spend hours reading every day!

thanks @Medimadness
i went with AN line up originally because i wanted PHing simplified, and i went with soil because it's the most forgiving with its "buffering" - that hasn't really worked out for me so yeh, i'm starting to think long and hard about switching to coco.
no she's not the worst looking still mate but she's still getting worse :wall:
@NiceOption i'll be hitting you up for some coco advice bro.

Not a pro at this by all means but I've switched to @Greenleaf Nutrients and never looked back. I'm still rocking same dirt from beginning 2 years ago. AN i had all kinds of problems on certain strains. megacrop fixed it. If i had to guess i would put my money on dirt behind problem. First thing after I cut mix up 25%peroxide to 75% water and flush soil good let sit 3 days and drop seed with microbes.

If i were you I'd mix some up right now and soak. Give it a couple hours then hit it with microbes full strength calmag and bloom. Just my 2 cents.

I really want to switch to Greenleaf bro, but the shipping is as expensive as the product last I checked, plus import taxes etc I think I’d have to drop a lot of cash to get the lineup

it’s the long term plan for sure, just when I’m not so sure of.

I really want to switch to Greenleaf bro, but the shipping is as expensive as the product last I checked, plus import taxes etc I think I’d have to drop a lot of cash to get the lineup

it’s the long term plan for sure, just when I’m not so sure of.
I'm US so not sure on your cost or if you are the same but I got full lineup minus gravitron and I'm thinking it was like 80 and its enough for a year with the way i grow.

thanks @Medimadness
i went with AN line up originally because i wanted PHing simplified, and i went with soil because it's the most forgiving with its "buffering" - that hasn't really worked out for me so yeh, i'm starting to think long and hard about switching to coco.

Yeah i think there’s some confusion about the soil buffer. Not all acids and bases share the same properties besides the acidity or alkalinity. There’s a lot of other complex chemistry to think of there and it’s that complexity which has given thousands of organic options over 1000s of years of cooperative agriculture but at the same time when we start messing about with artificial or concentrated feeds it’s very easy to go wrong.
I think people both don’t put enough emphasis on the nature of buffer in soil and some put too much emphasis without telling you that it’s not an exact science. Well it is actually but i’m only in college and i doubt there’s many microbiologists hanging around new growers :crying:

The chemical calmag i was using alongside biobizz threw off my soil pH big time even though by all intensive purpose it should have been fine. But it’s hard to see if the microbes aren’t liking something even when you know a bit already so i’ve been scared away from harsh sources. i love soil growing and want to stick with it since it’s my jam

thanks @Medimadness
I've never really grown properly in soil so I've nothing to compare it to but I find coco to be really easy. If you do make any mistakes with the feed it's extremely quick to correct the errors.
I find that coco is pretty "plug and play" really. Overwatering is pretty much impossible and you can basically feed as the bottle tells you, PH issues are pretty much non existent and as long as you make sure to add some Great White or a similar product and keep you cal mag up you'll be fine!
Personally I view soil as a more advanced medium than coco is and one day I'd love to switch to soil and create an indoor no till bed, but I'll need to grow out of my noobness a little before entertaining that idea!

I've never really grown properly in soil so I've nothing to compare it to but I find coco to be really easy. If you do make any mistakes with the feed it's extremely quick to correct the errors.
I find that coco is pretty "plug and play" really. Overwatering is pretty much impossible and you can basically feed as the bottle tells you, PH issues are pretty much non existent and as long as you make sure to add some Great White or a similar product and keep you cal mag up you'll be fine!
Personally I view soil as a more advanced medium than coco is and one day I'd love to switch to soil and create an indoor no till bed, but I'll need to grow out of my noobness a little before entertaining that idea!

great way of explaining the difference mate. It’s funny because you’re exactly right about soil.
it seems simple enough in theory but in practice is a little more complicated in a pot that in a patch from my experience but that’s comparing to other veg. Like Froot said it seems a lot harder to maintain soil conditions in an indoor grow than it should be!

I’m grabbing a bag of cannacoco pro buffered to use on one of the plants for the upcoming grow battle and see for myself the difference

How the plants coming on today btw bro?

Back