New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

great way of explaining the difference mate. It’s funny because you’re exactly right about soil.
it seems simple enough in theory but in practice is a little more complicated in a pot that in a patch from my experience but that’s comparing to other veg. Like Froot said it seems a lot harder to maintain soil conditions in an indoor grow than it should be!

I’m grabbing a bag of cannacoco pro buffered to use on one of the plants for the upcoming grow battle and see for myself the difference

How the plants coming on today btw bro?
The Canna coco pro is definitely the best I've used. I add around 30-40% perlite in there and I'd really recommend using some Great White too. You can get hold of small pot for next to nothing and you don't need to use too much of it, seems to really help get the veg speeding along and aids in transplanting enormously.
Some people reckon perlite isn't needed but it costs peanuts so I always add it anyway. I might try one without perlite on the next round to see if there's any difference.

I've never really grown properly in soil so I've nothing to compare it to but I find coco to be really easy. If you do make any mistakes with the feed it's extremely quick to correct the errors.
I find that coco is pretty "plug and play" really. Overwatering is pretty much impossible and you can basically feed as the bottle tells you, PH issues are pretty much non existent and as long as you make sure to add some Great White or a similar product and keep you cal mag up you'll be fine!
Personally I view soil as a more advanced medium than coco is and one day I'd love to switch to soil and create an indoor no till bed, but I'll need to grow out of my noobness a little before entertaining that idea!

yeh it’s the error correction I’m most interested in. takes forever to see changes in the soil pots.

great way of explaining the difference mate. It’s funny because you’re exactly right about soil.
it seems simple enough in theory but in practice is a little more complicated in a pot that in a patch from my experience but that’s comparing to other veg. Like Froot said it seems a lot harder to maintain soil conditions in an indoor grow than it should be!

I’m grabbing a bag of cannacoco pro buffered to use on one of the plants for the upcoming grow battle and see for myself the difference

How the plants coming on today btw bro?

I took a guess as to which way the ph has drifted and am in the process of trying to pull it back to a healthier level. last runoff I tested was 7.5 so working on bringing it down by running some lower ph through slowly but surely. hopefully can bring it under control in a day or two.

How's your garden looking today buddy? Eager to see the progress on your Tangie. Crossing my fingers for you that it's good news.

thanks for checking in bro

I’m struggling with proper AFN time since I lost access at work - was my main place to update from and I don’t like updates without photographs

the Tangie is...okay? I don’t really know. working through an infirmary thread but it’s steady because I can’t upload pictures reliably

it’s not getting much better besides the fact the buds have swollen, last water to run off, the run-off was 6.4 ph running 5.7-5.8 through the pot so was hoping we would be somewhere reasonable by now, but she continues to look crappy and lower leaves are yellowing...but she’s in her 60’s nearly 70’s now so I’ve quit worrying

big blow to confidence again but with limited tools at hand I’m not helping myself much and am not expecting decent results until I can splash out on better stuff moving forward, which is fine but really kicks the motivation in the teeth

I guess I lost track of your journal Froot, too much going on. Sorry to see your ladies are struggling. I wish I could hand you the smoking gun and I would if I had it. I know nothing about soil, or coco, and very little about DWC to be honest :rofl: I’m sure the infirmary will have you set to rights sooner than later. Got my fingers crossed for you.

does anybody upload photos securely from their phones?

Yeah man I pay for full device security VPN, can't remember the name of mine right now but there's plenty out there that would be perfect for your needs.

Honestly mate I don't think my girls would be anywhere near as good at this point of the learning process if I wasn't using a more forgiving line like biobizz, and then using their light mix on top means the soil pH doesn't even need testing anymore.
Might help you find you confidence like it did me before moving on. Found the chemical stuff to be a lot more complicated and easy to go wrong even with a bottle of calmag

Best of luck mate

Yeah man I pay for full device security VPN, can't remember the name of mine right now but there's plenty out there that would be perfect for your needs.

Honestly mate I don't think my girls would be anywhere near as good at this point of the learning process if I wasn't using a more forgiving line like biobizz, and then using their light mix on top means the soil pH doesn't even need testing anymore.
Might help you find you confidence like it did me before moving on. Found the chemical stuff to be a lot more complicated and easy to go wrong even with a bottle of calmag

Best of luck mate
Same, I use a VPN although I use a free one so I hope it's safe............

Same, I use a VPN although I use a free one so I hope it's safe............

With the free ones you have to read the terms and conditions as some will collaborate with the law

Otherwise if you don't mind your data being stolen they should be fine!

thanks for checking in bro

I’m struggling with proper AFN time since I lost access at work - was my main place to update from and I don’t like updates without photographs

the Tangie is...okay? I don’t really know. working through an infirmary thread but it’s steady because I can’t upload pictures reliably

it’s not getting much better besides the fact the buds have swollen, last water to run off, the run-off was 6.4 ph running 5.7-5.8 through the pot so was hoping we would be somewhere reasonable by now, but she continues to look crappy and lower leaves are yellowing...but she’s in her 60’s nearly 70’s now so I’ve quit worrying

big blow to confidence again but with limited tools at hand I’m not helping myself much and am not expecting decent results until I can splash out on better stuff moving forward, which is fine but really kicks the motivation in the teeth
Sorry to hear that its' been a struggle, sounds super frustrating. Looking forward to seeing a pic as I'm sure it looks worse to yourself than anyone else!
My Tangie yellowed off a lot too towards the end. Check this pic that was a week or so before flushing. You can see the whole thing had yellowed off right into the top colas, she looked pretty busted! I had no idea what I was doing (far less than you do) and it still produced a ton of great bud. Obviously it would be better to correct any issues but I think you'll be surprised how well she finishes in sub optimal conditions.
full

Back