New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

okay so just a reminder of what my Fastbuds Tangie'Matic looked like at day 50 odd;

TangieDay50.jpg

here she is two weeks later;

Tangie'Matic Day 65

Tangie655.jpg

Tangie65bud.jpg

some closer shots of smaller buds a few days ago;

Tangie62buds.jpg
Tangie62bud.jpg

i could defol the worst affected stuff and make her look a bit more respectable but :shrug: she's 65 and shoved in the corner now :clapper:
last feed, i ran 6.0ph through and got 6.3-6.4ph out, so i think pH has stabilised and is in a decent enough range. next feed due tonight and it'll be going in at around 6.5 with fingers crossed. plan is to push her with Overdrive for maybe another week, and then see if she's ready to flush. Flawless Finish is ordered for this girl.

okay so just a reminder of what my Fastbuds Tangie'Matic looked like at day 50 odd;

View attachment 1000802

Tangie'Matic Day 65

View attachment 1000803

View attachment 1000804

View attachment 1000805 View attachment 1000806

i could defol the worst affected stuff and make her look a bit more respectable but :shrug: she's 65 and shoved in the corner now :clapper:
last feed, i ran 6.0ph through and got 6.3-6.4ph out, so i think pH has stabilised and is in a decent enough range. next feed due tonight and it'll be going in at around 6.5 with fingers crossed. plan is to push her with Overdrive for maybe another week, and then see if she's ready to flush. Flawless Finish is ordered for this girl.
You may need to up calmag from here on tangie is showing def also. Too late to add now but next run will help.

That mg def when the leaves look like bars. Up calmag for ROG for sure. Mine was using full strength at that age and double when full grown

thank you! yes like bars...just a lighter shade of green between the veins! i thought it'd be strange they needed N so early as so far, all my girls start off very rich and dark green. they have both been on 1ml per L of the Density CalMag i use and they seem o have liked it so far. I think i deprived the Tangie of CalMag but she never asked for it so and i was worried about over-doing Ca as i know it's a favorite to cause lock-out.

Looking good and I second the no nutes for now. ROG will handle all you can give her. But your other is too hot. You can tell by the wrinkly leaves even though the newer is so bright.

is that what those little wrinkles are? very slightly turning up along the serrated edges in some places too! i knew it couldn't be lights because it's rather high, and heat has been around 22-26C consistently. keeping my RH as high as possible, fluctuates between 40 and 60 but averages around 52 i think.

Yeah she is growing so fast new stuff is bright green then when established, roots are pumping it in fan reserves. I'd back off or go half of what you were giving until she starts to tell you different. I've never had a lock out because of ca. I know to much will drift ph because it's 7.0 like Lyme and buffers ph up. But ca-mg are used most during midlife if auto. When stretch is over drop off to half unless you start to notice anything. First signs will be bars or small rust spots.

View attachment 1000802

Tangie'Matic Day 65

View attachment 1000803

View attachment 1000804

Wow what a difference. My heart breaks for her. Is it a calmag problem for sure? My 3 elderly spinsters have been deficient as well, although not as pronounced. And for the huge amount of calmag I’m giving them, they still seem to want more.

The frost on that bud is out of this world!

@davisgirl :toke: big difference, eh?

no no, not just CalMag i don't think - the whole thing started with a PH spike i think...which caused the tips to burn like nutrient burn...so i backed off my already-low feeds to compensate, at the same time she was looking for that PK boost to really start packing on the buds. so i think she burned through her fan leaves to swell the buds whilst i'm still scratching my head. most of the damage occurred in the first 48 hours, like wildfire; scary stuff.

to "fix" it, i guessed which way the PH had drifted (up, as i'm always lowering my 8.0 tap water) and started running low ph feeds through, 5.7/5.8ph, and checked the run-off ph to confirm. Did this through 3-4 wet and dry cycles (what i dislike about soil...ergh) adjusting the ph each time, until now, where i hope the in-pot PH is around 6.5.

so this is probably a combination of CalMag def, P and K def, and some ph problems here and there. i'm not sure if i ever had a true lockout.

but yes! i was not expecting as much frost and grease from this strain. the cupboard stinks of fresh coffee notes now, reserving the citrus notes for if you brush up against her...when they become VERY typical tangerine...i guesstimate the first week of Feb for the chop.

@davisgirl :toke: big difference, eh?

no no, not just CalMag i don't think - the whole thing started with a PH spike i think...which caused the tips to burn like nutrient burn...so i backed off my already-low feeds to compensate, at the same time she was looking for that PK boost to really start packing on the buds. so i think she burned through her fan leaves to swell the buds whilst i'm still scratching my head. most of the damage occurred in the first 48 hours, like wildfire; scary stuff.

to "fix" it, i guessed which way the PH had drifted (up, as i'm always lowering my 8.0 tap water) and started running low ph feeds through, 5.7/5.8ph, and checked the run-off ph to confirm. Did this through 3-4 wet and dry cycles (what i dislike about soil...ergh) adjusting the ph each time, until now, where i hope the in-pot PH is around 6.5.

so this is probably a combination of CalMag def, P and K def, and some ph problems here and there. i'm not sure if i ever had a true lockout.

but yes! i was not expecting as much frost and grease from this strain. the cupboard stinks of fresh coffee notes now, reserving the citrus notes for if you brush up against her...when they become VERY typical tangerine...i guesstimate the first week of Feb for the chop.
Sounds like a pretty shitty couple weeks of grow and learn, you deserve some smooth sailing for a bit. :worship:

i have a few photos to dump here as i've uploaded them already and i don't like my photos anywhere but on my phone and on AFN. i took these to show @Iriee Vibez as i'm overdue some nugg shots;

CDLC.jpg

Creme De La Chem - after a 4 week cure, i'm confident i did enough justice with this strain to talk about it. odour never seemed to fade, still she stinks of the new Nike rubber and other synthetic materials that wafts out of a new box of sneakers. i love it. the missus, i don't think, is quite as sold on her...but that's on her...as a chem fan, she really is the cream of the crop imo. because she was harvested for Christmas, i cut her early. she hadn't even began to fade, would have gone longer for sure. no amber trichs in sight. still a heavy stone! a bit racy, but very, very good stuff. leaves a bit of a sour aftertaste, but i put that down to not flushing, at all. during growth, i'd have argued with anyone it was the greatest cannabis ever produced...smell was unlike anything else. gorgeous!

DG.jpg

Double Grape - 4 week cure also. had some problems and stunted her. i'm not sure if i'm qualified to talk about this girl...she's a fan favourite and my little plant gave me some buds that didn't match the common description...besides the frost factor! often described as low odour and flavour...i'm guessing my recipe of stunt n stress is why mine STANK of mangoes and has something really quite earthy going on. strong stuff! i don't have much of her left now. i'm tempted to pop my other bean, but i'm in to strong terps and flavours and honestly, DG's usual smoke report has me looking at either Grapey Walter or GWK instead.

SL.jpg

Sour Livers - 4 week cure again. this one, i'm afraid, didn't come out too swell. i thought her bud development was a little odd during growth...it was fast and made me paranoid it was seeded - she was not. but whatever issues i caused severely impacted the end product, so much that i won't detail much more on her. the missus has smoked most of her. potency is way down on the other two, and taste/smell is not palatable to me at all...but i am 99.9999% sure that is down to me, and not the strain. so i'm looking at my Stilton Special (Sour Livers x Northern Cheese Haze) as kinda round 2 for this one. honestly, i knew something was up with mine as soon as @YourMumsNewFella posted photos of his Sour Livers...night and day difference. after harvest, i found she had comparably very small roots compared to her stature, so i'm putting it down to that. she was greasy, but not sparkly.

View attachment 1000802

Tangie'Matic Day 65

View attachment 1000803

View attachment 1000804

I know it's a bit of a bummer but you've still got some decent buds in there by the look of it. I'd give coco a go on your next one (with nearly full strength cal-mag throughout) These sorts of issues are soooo much easier to correct.

Back