New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

i have a few photos to dump here as i've uploaded them already and i don't like my photos anywhere but on my phone and on AFN. i took these to show @Iriee Vibez as i'm overdue some nugg shots;

View attachment 1000845

Creme De La Chem - after a 4 week cure, i'm confident i did enough justice with this strain to talk about it. odour never seemed to fade, still she stinks of the new Nike rubber and other synthetic materials that wafts out of a new box of sneakers. i love it. the missus, i don't think, is quite as sold on her...but that's on her...as a chem fan, she really is the cream of the crop imo. because she was harvested for Christmas, i cut her early. she hadn't even began to fade, would have gone longer for sure. no amber trichs in sight. still a heavy stone! a bit racy, but very, very good stuff. leaves a bit of a sour aftertaste, but i put that down to not flushing, at all. during growth, i'd have argued with anyone it was the greatest cannabis ever produced...smell was unlike anything else. gorgeous!

View attachment 1000847

Double Grape - 4 week cure also. had some problems and stunted her. i'm not sure if i'm qualified to talk about this girl...she's a fan favourite and my little plant gave me some buds that didn't match the common description...besides the frost factor! often described as low odour and flavour...i'm guessing my recipe of stunt n stress is why mine STANK of mangoes and has something really quite earthy going on. strong stuff! i don't have much of her left now. i'm tempted to pop my other bean, but i'm in to strong terps and flavours and honestly, DG's usual smoke report has me looking at either Grapey Walter or GWK instead.

View attachment 1000846

Sour Livers - 4 week cure again. this one, i'm afraid, didn't come out too swell. i thought her bud development was a little odd during growth...it was fast and made me paranoid it was seeded - she was not. but whatever issues i caused severely impacted the end product, so much that i won't detail much more on her. the missus has smoked most of her. potency is way down on the other two, and taste/smell is not palatable to me at all...but i am 99.9999% sure that is down to me, and not the strain. so i'm looking at my Stilton Special (Sour Livers x Northern Cheese Haze) as kinda round 2 for this one. honestly, i knew something was up with mine as soon as @YourMumsNewFella posted photos of his Sour Livers...night and day difference. after harvest, i found she had comparably very small roots compared to her stature, so i'm putting it down to that. she was greasy, but not sparkly.
Looking killer! Is the CDLC as ridiculously potent as I'm led to believe? I'm thinking of trying her next time alongside a Grape Walker Kush and a Big Buddha Blue Cheese

Hey Froot! Those buds sure do look packed and dense! I can smell that CDLC through my screen! You did awesome man! Sure there was a bit of bad luck, but dude, you have jars full of what looks like and sounds like some top shelf bud! Mmmmmm! Love me some good cured bud pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s fine looking bud there! And those brownies ... yum!!! I already know I wouldn’t have lasted 30 days in soil — I think you did a great job, it’s all a learning process.

You may need to up calmag from here on tangie is showing def also. Too late to add now but next run will help.

Yeah she is growing so fast new stuff is bright green then when established, roots are pumping it in fan reserves. I'd back off or go half of what you were giving until she starts to tell you different. I've never had a lock out because of ca. I know to much will drift ph because it's 7.0 like Lyme and buffers ph up. But ca-mg are used most during midlife if auto. When stretch is over drop off to half unless you start to notice anything. First signs will be bars or small rust spots.

thanks mate, i just went with CalMag for the girls last night. Ripley's drinks like a fish...i bet she's light already!

Sounds like a pretty shitty couple weeks of grow and learn, you deserve some smooth sailing for a bit. :worship:

yes ma'am, it's been a ride...very easy ride for 50 days and then BOOM haha.
but, if i was a betting man, i'd bet she'll still be my biggest girl yet. that's progress! and her buds don't appear to have suffered in quality through the ordeal...development is on-point and the frost and grease of this strain is more apparent than i'd anticipated. i'm confident this will be some quality product at the end!
i will take some of that smooth sailing, though! my Mephisto ladies are pushing 30 days already and i may dropped a bean in a glass whilst i got ready for work this morning :pass:

Looking good bro, got some nice buds there!
I noticed you posted about security using your phone. I’d highly recommend downloading an app called Metapho. It removes all the metadata from your images
Thanks GFW — :bow:

I know it's a bit of a bummer but you've still got some decent buds in there by the look of it. I'd give coco a go on your next one (with nearly full strength cal-mag throughout) These sorts of issues are soooo much easier to correct.

yeh she still pumped out decent buds, she'll fill a couple of jars. she's still swelling, and starting to foxtail in places...which is expected and desirable on a Tangie, imo. i've dropped the lights down low whilst we push her for another week at least with the Overdrive, and a fresh half litre of Flawless Finish arrived yesterday for when the time comes. trying my best to make the old gal comfortable for her last few weeks!

but YES i'd love me some coco...your girls really came out dreamy bro and i want some of that action!!
BUT
i need to invest in some tools before i start. i VERY nearly ordered a bag of coco on Monday before rationalising that i don't have the best ph monitoring as it is, or any EC monitoring what-so-ever, so i need to sort that out.
very open to recommendations - teach me! :bow:

Looking killer! Is the CDLC as ridiculously potent as I'm led to believe? I'm thinking of trying her next time alongside a Grape Walker Kush and a Big Buddha Blue Cheese

oh that GWK has caught your eye too, hmm?
CDLC is potent stuff - mine was chopped literally when the harvest window was barely open imo, and she still kicks my butt - nice hybrid, racy head high with a nice warm body stone. a better grown CDLC left to amber would be a mighty thing indeed.

Hey Froot! Those buds sure do look packed and dense! I can smell that CDLC through my screen! You did awesome man! Sure there was a bit of bad luck, but dude, you have jars full of what looks like and sounds like some top shelf bud! Mmmmmm! Love me some good cured bud pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i thought you'd like 'em bro!
jars full? ummm...hahaha...um. we'll go with the optimistic "half full" now haha :pass:
me and the lady i would guess have smoked 3 zips already

That’s fine looking bud there! And those brownies ... yum!!! I already know I wouldn’t have lasted 30 days in soil — I think you did a great job, it’s all a learning process.

thank you so much! :bighug:
always learning! fascinating hobby this, not to mention rewarding. your reward is long overdue, but it'll be sweet when it comes!

Looking good bro, got some nice buds there!
I noticed you posted about security using your phone. I’d highly recommend downloading an app called Metapho. It removes all the metadata from your images

thanks brother! both of us not far off our second harvests now matey! :d5:
checking out Metapho, thank you!!

oh update; my last Sour Bubbly has been dropped in a glass of water.
last three girls have been germ'd directly in to my soil, but with temps fluctuating a little and it set to get colder, i'm going back to glass of water and into a soggy DVD case.

i had just enough Biobizz Lightmix left to fill a pot. potentially my last soil grow for a while...gives me around 4 weeks to get my act straight for a coco attempt.

ideally i'd like to get a RO system up and running, but will have to see what other outlays are needed first.

and i can't stop thinking about more beans...

yeh she still pumped out decent buds, she'll fill a couple of jars. she's still swelling, and starting to foxtail in places...which is expected and desirable on a Tangie, imo. i've dropped the lights down low whilst we push her for another week at least with the Overdrive, and a fresh half litre of Flawless Finish arrived yesterday for when the time comes. trying my best to make the old gal comfortable for her last few weeks!

but YES i'd love me some coco...your girls really came out dreamy bro and i want some of that action!!
BUT
i need to invest in some tools before i start. i VERY nearly ordered a bag of coco on Monday before rationalising that i don't have the best ph monitoring as it is, or any EC monitoring what-so-ever, so i need to sort that out.
very open to recommendations - teach me! :bow:

oh that GWK has caught your eye too, hmm?
CDLC is potent stuff - mine was chopped literally when the harvest window was barely open imo, and she still kicks my butt - nice hybrid, racy head high with a nice warm body stone. a better grown CDLC left to amber would be a mighty thing indeed.

i thought you'd like 'em bro!
jars full? ummm...hahaha...um. we'll go with the optimistic "half full" now haha :pass:
me and the lady i would guess have smoked 3 zips already

thank you so much! :bighug:
always learning! fascinating hobby this, not to mention rewarding. your reward is long overdue, but it'll be sweet when it comes!
You don't need a lot to make the switch to coco. I don't have much kit at all and I'll be crucified for saying this, but I don't really check my PH. I think I checked it maybe two or three times during that whole grow and have never checked my run off, ever.
I have a manual PH tester, that green solution that you mix up in a little jar. I check it if I'm adding a nute I've not used before to see how it reacts, but that's all.
I pour out 4 litres of good ol' fashioned London tap water, chuck the GH nutes in and 7 drops of PH down. Never really had much of an issue.
Of course I could fine tune it but haven't found much of a need. Just get some fabric pots, coco and perlite and you're away. As I've said before I'd highly recommend the Great White but didn't use much during that grow, have added more to the FxS and it seems to be liking it, but you don't need to overcomplicate things. Coco is much more forgiving than soil. I'd go for the Canna Coco Professional but I'm sure they all basically do the same thing, the whole point of it is that it's an inert medium anyway.
Those compressed bricks work well and will keep delivery costs down but they're a bit of a faff to prepare. Luckily I have a hydro shop 20mins cycle from my house so I don't need to worry too much. I can stock up every few months and get an Uber loaded up with coco and perlite. I did have a driver cotton on to it once though!

Back