New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

only spotted (and slayed) one last night during my cupboard time. been letting my soil dry out more to combat them. keeping soil in optimum condition is a chore, making me consider moving on to other options in future.

thank you! she's doing good i think - she's taken the higher temps in the cupboard well whilst i get the new gals sprouting. i look at her and wonder if she'd have been much different without the training, besides a taller main cola. looking at other grows of this strain i'm thinking i could have just supercropped the main stem later in veg and she'd have ended up similar anyway, probably in a shorter time frame and with much less intervention from me...i dunno. the one possible positive that has come from this style of training, is i think the main cola is not strictly the dominant cola anymore - there's 3 or 4 others that are just behind it in terms of development and number of bud sites. but that could just be the way she grows.

thanks for lookin' :bighug:

yeh admittedly i'm not super cautious - i keep the cupboard clean (but i got tricky about using stuff that KILLS 99.999999999999% OF BACTERIA because i like some of the good bacteria :haha:) so i tend to wash down with plain water. and i wash hands religiously but then i'm a bit OTT with hand washing so yeh. but clothes and stuff, nah. i'll make more of an effort.

couldn't get next-day delivery on the neem so still waiting. sticky sheets should arrive today though.

thanks dude :pass:

yeh i give the pots a good bash and wait for 'em to fly out. only one seen in past 24 hours.
not quite an infestation but i'd rather not see one!

thanks bro. the DG came out alright, but i had some problems drying it slowly so the end product is just okay - potent enough, just the sweet smell has that grassy odour tainting it.

my Livers came out worse - couldn't give it away. my CDLC still smells 10/10 but i'm not impressed by the flavour - i hope it's just needing more cure because honestly, i'm really quite disappointed with my results so far.

thanks bro :pass:she's been easy so far, hopefully she'll produce some tasty stuff.
Honestly, cure is key! They'll get there. Like most good things in life.... well you know the rest.

As far as the Tangie goes, she was very spaced out for me. You probably won't need to defol much. I wouldnt stress too much with her, I just let her do her thing and she delivered. It's such a massive plant that it was hard to tell what the "dominant cola" even was. You'll be fine. She pretty much grows herself as long as you keep her well fed.

The cure will definitely help, man! I have heard some strains taking a couple months to fully show their best tastes and flavors. I saw for myself how the weed improved each week. I think the Sour Livers will make a comeback!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

i'm living in hope bro! i'm sure there's already improvement. patience is more difficult now that they're in jars!

Honestly, cure is key! They'll get there. Like most good things in life.... well you know the rest.

As far as the Tangie goes, she was very spaced out for me. You probably won't need to defol much. I wouldnt stress too much with her, I just let her do her thing and she delivered. It's such a massive plant that it was hard to tell what the "dominant cola" even was. You'll be fine. She pretty much grows herself as long as you keep her well fed.

absolutely mate! it's just fallen that these are the only jars with the good stuff in 'em now so they're all that's on the menu. the main plan was to get jars filled for Christmas so we didn't have the usual monthly outlay for meds in December - and that's what we achieved! now i'm just being a fussy bugger complaining that my gear isn't as good as the stuff i sink hundreds in to every month...always been one for unrealistic goals but sometimes it gets you to shoot higher than you normally would...sometimes ya just disappoint yourself haha

was a bit deflated yesterday but much better now, apologies for any negative vibes!

Tangie Day 36

Tangie36a.jpg
T36.jpg

pre-flowers everywhere! she had a little taste of Big Bud on Monday (0.5ml per L) to ease her in to flowering.
typically i feed and water alternately every day, unless the pot isn't quite dry enough and i'll try and leave it until the following day.
just over a litre a day on either water or feed - doesn't seem like much but i'm trying small and controlled amounts for this girl - no run-off.
Feeding schedule up until now;
1ml per L - AN Sensi Bloom A&B...once in a while i back off the "A" where all the N lies...perhaps not immediately obvious on my pics because INTENSE WHITE COB LIGHT etc but she's a rich dark green. considered purchasing and running the Sensi Grow for the first two weeks of feeding (day 23 onwards) but my wallet said no.
0.5ml per L - Density CalMag+ no issues thus far with deficiencies, which i'm surprised with as this Tangie has been under 165W or more of cobs all her life - only switched one of the cobs off when i harvested the first ladies to keep temps up easier.
1ml per L - Voodoo Juice...hopefully this has loaded the soil with all sorts of goodness (which is maybe why she's doing just fine on what i think are light feeds?) but i plan to cut it out now and replace with;
1ml per L - Big Bud...started at 0.5ml Monday and tonight will be 0.75ml - EASY DOES IT
1ml per L - Carboload...starting from today - i ran it earlier last grow, perhaps i'm late introducing it this time?

that's it so far. i haven't kept a schedule for her as i've only got one girl (so so so much easier to manage a single plant) but i don't think i've fed her 10 times yet. i guess if she wanted more she'd tell me.

on the training - Tangie should be a great candidate for training - XL strain, taller structure etc etc...but boy does she squirm when she gets bent around and tied down. at first i thought i was imagining things and she was just drooping for normal post-watering or pre-bedtime, but she actually droops the individual branches that i've adjusted! i do like to browse through grow diaries of what i'm growing and it seems fairly common that she doesn't like LST and the majority of Tangies i've seen are left to their natural structure. Maybe that's why Fastbuds recommend no topping etc...
but that's not to say i didn't have fun training...and i like the structure i've gotten here - not too tall, lots of sites.
these Mephisto ladies are in for a rough time all going well.

Last edited:
Nice! I’m looking forward to seeing how your babies grow out. Unfortunately, almost a week later and no signs of life from my first Mephisto seeds; Sams crack. Trying to get an idea of what to go with next. Like the looks of that ripleys og, but the purveyor i obtained it from has been less than reliable :sad: with several lots of seeds. That Tangie is looking great for 36 days, might try to order some my next purchase. So many varieties, so little growing space lol. Makes the decisions tough! I usually grow 4 same kind per batch, but I may have to rethink that, just to get to sample everything I wanna try before I die. My Cannabis strain bucket-list is endless:mrgreen:

Tangie Day 36

View attachment 989013 View attachment 989014

pre-flowers everywhere! she had a little taste of Big Bud on Monday (0.5ml per L) to ease her in to flowering.
typically i feed and water alternately every day, unless the pot isn't quite dry enough and i'll try and leave it until the following day.
just over a litre a day on either water or feed - doesn't seem like much but i'm trying small and controlled amounts for this girl - no run-off.
Feeding schedule up until now;
1ml per L - AN Sensi Bloom A&B...once in a while i back off the "A" where all the N lies...perhaps not immediately obvious on my pics because INTENSE WHITE COB LIGHT etc but she's a rich dark green. considered purchasing and running the Sensi Grow for the first two weeks of feeding (day 23 onwards) but my wallet said no.
0.5ml per L - Density CalMag+ no issues thus far with deficiencies, which i'm surprised with as this Tangie has been under 165W or more of cobs all her life - only switched one of the cobs off when i harvested the first ladies to keep temps up easier.
1ml per L - Voodoo Juice...hopefully this has loaded the soil with all sorts of goodness (which is maybe why she's doing just fine on what i think are light feeds?) but i plan to cut it out now and replace with;
1ml per L - Big Bud...started at 0.5ml Monday and tonight will be 0.75ml - EASY DOES IT
1ml per L - Carboload...starting from today - i ran it earlier last grow, perhaps i'm late introducing it this time?

that's it so far. i haven't kept a schedule for her as i've only got one girl (so so so much easier to manage a single plant) but i don't think i've fed her 10 times yet. i guess if she wanted more she'd tell me.

on the training - Tangie should be a great candidate for training - XL strain, taller structure etc etc...but boy does she squirm when she gets bent around and tied down. at first i thought i was imagining things and she was just drooping for normal post-watering or pre-bedtime, but she actually droops the individual branches that i've adjusted! i do like to browse through grow diaries of what i'm growing and it seems fairly common that she doesn't like LST and the majority of Tangies i've seen are left to their natural structure. Maybe that's why Fastbuds recommend no topping etc...
but that's not to say i didn't have fun training...and i like the structure i've gotten here - not too tall, lots of sites.
these Mephisto ladies are in for a rough time all going well.

Looking very nice! I think she'll respond well to the type of training you've given her but will require a lot of support, as you say, the stems are a bit spindly.

Carboload seems to be recommended throughout bloom rather than veg so it seems that now would be the best time to start, personally I would probably have used it throughout veg too, I've used similar products, but not that specific one with no issues throughout their whole lives. I can't tell if it actually did anything, but it didn't hurt.

As far as recommending topping, I've never seen it recommended by any breeder, but obviously lots of people are having great results with topping. She's so quick in veg that I'd guess she'd respond pretty well.

Nice! I’m looking forward to seeing how your babies grow out. Unfortunately, almost a week later and no signs of life from my first Mephisto seeds; Sams crack. Trying to get an idea of what to go with next. Like the looks of that ripleys og, but the purveyor i obtained it from has been less than reliable :sad: with several lots of seeds. That Tangie is looking great for 36 days, might try to order some my next purchase. So many varieties, so little growing space lol. Makes the decisions tough! I usually grow 4 same kind per batch, but I may have to rethink that, just to get to sample everything I wanna try before I die. My Cannabis strain bucket-list is endless:mrgreen:

Where did you order them from? I'd go direct to Mephisto if I were you. You'll get some freebies of rare genetics too. I've only popped 4 Mephisto beans so far but have had a 100% germ rate by starting them in paper towels.

Looking very nice! I think she'll respond well to the type of training you've given her but will require a lot of support, as you say, the stems are a bit spindly.

Carboload seems to be recommended throughout bloom rather than veg so it seems that now would be the best time to start, personally I would probably have used it throughout veg too, I've used similar products, but not that specific one with no issues throughout their whole lives. I can't tell if it actually did anything, but it didn't hurt.

As far as recommending topping, I've never seen it recommended by any breeder, but obviously lots of people are having great results with topping. She's so quick in veg that I'd guess she'd respond pretty well.

Where did you order them from? I'd go direct to Mephisto if I were you. You'll get some freebies of rare genetics too. I've only popped 4 Mephisto beans so far but have had a 100% germ rate by starting them in paper towels.

RQS is one that seems to be pro HST on autos, if you read any of their blogs you can see that pretty clearly.
That being said they do warn n00bs to be careful.
I think most breeders won’t recommend it since it’s easy to do it wrong with autos and they recommended it. it just avoids any possible backlash by letting people make their own decisions. They do say things like this “this strain responds very positively to advanced training techniques” and i take that to mean fuck about and see what happens.

Back