New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

not much in the way of updates...i’d post more photographs if i could post directly from my phone but can’t figure a way to do so securely.

Tangie is like 33 days today and is working on developing pre-flowers nicely. just veggin’...
I will say this - versus the Mephisto girls, the Tangie is a much more...delicate looking plant, if that makes sense? leaves feel lighter and delicate, calyxs are smaller, more subtle, things like that. it’s interesting to watch, and she’s nice and healthy and I’m really happy to have a girl over 30 days without (ffs Froot why you jinx this) a blemish to be found anywhere. did a bit of defol on the lowers and felt guilty removing such pretty leaves but they were pissing me off when watering so y’know.

but JEEZ the Tangie sure would like some company in the cupboard, or is it now a Ripley’s Waiting Room?

got the tube heater laying between the two pots that we are germing the new girls in, to get temps boosted up. rotate them occasionally as they get warmer on one side. I’d guess the pots are averaging around 26 degrees so should be warm enough, let’s hope either Ripley or Stilton pop their heads up soon ‘cause I feel like I have a lot of wasted space right now!

lastly, CDLC still harsh in the smoke (guessing more cure will sort that out) but she’s a strong one! excellent hybrid high, a tad racy from my earlier chop but a great relaxing body high to offset it
My Tangie was similar. Grew very differently to the Mephisto strains I've got on the go. The stems will definitely need support.

I think Mephisto must use quite a short hardy stock to create their strains as they all appear on the short side to me but with very tough, solid stems. The Fast Buds strains all seem to be on the leggier side and look more like photos than what I associate with being typical of autos.

I doubt you'll have any problems with her. Poor lass must be getting lonely in there though!

spotted the second black fly in the cupboard just now in a week - very small, guessing fungus gnats. ergh.

Mate that sucks!
Have you figured out any solutions? There’s a few pretty good organic options out there, i could look for my list of products i’ve researched for pests to help if you want but i couldn’t find my downpipe earlier and kinda destroyed my room so i could have my bedtime smoke, may have to wait for tomorrow haha:crying::baked:
Breaking my fav downpipe wasn’t what i needed at 10 at night

Anyway if it helps when i have fungal problems with plants one of the best things you can do is clean you tents with a relatively friendly disinfectant every day or two which is pain but helps a lot.

I use ecover which leaves no smell or anything in the air but is an effective and safe disinfectant but ofc wash off with water due to possible contamination of plants.
Hope that helps a bit mate

Good luck, Peace

Like with indoor potted plants (not cannabis) that were showing any signs like that would be cleaning the area surrounding the plant on a daily basis until conditions improve due to treatment or nature

Mate that sucks!
Have you figured out any solutions? There’s a few pretty good organic options out there, i could look for my list of products i’ve researched for pests to help if you want but i couldn’t find my downpipe earlier and kinda destroyed my room so i could have my bedtime smoke, may have to wait for tomorrow haha:crying::baked:
Breaking my fav downpipe wasn’t what i needed at 10 at night

Anyway if it helps when i have fungal problems with plants one of the best things you can do is clean you tents with a relatively friendly disinfectant every day or two which is pain but helps a lot.

I use ecover which leaves no smell or anything in the air but is an effective and safe disinfectant but ofc wash off with water due to possible contamination of plants.
Hope that helps a bit mate

Good luck, Peace

i'll be getting some Neem Oil delivered tomorrow!

here's the little shits;

excuseme.jpg
bugz.jpg
ded.jpg

they're a commonish problem for all house plants, warm, damp soil and it's natural fungi are what it thrives on. i use air pots, which create perfect conditions for 'em. didn't have them the first round but as they're so common i'm hesitant to point fingers at the new soil. i can't use the starvation technique with my pots so i'll hit 'em with some Neeeeeem.

annoying thing is i've seen one fly out of more than one of the pots.

i'll get some yellow sticky things too. i've seen maximum 6 in a couple of weeks so i don't think they've caused any damage yet. fingers crossed.

and my weekend update was pants, here's some pics of my Tangie, she's 35 days old today. sorry one is sideways, she's a wide gal, but hey, i managed to keep the height down right?

Tangie35.jpg
IMG_1966.jpg

and happy to report it appears the Stilton Special is breaking through the soil to say hello, finally a friend for Ms Tangie'Matic.

now come on Ripley, don't be shy, girl!

i'll be getting some Neem Oil delivered tomorrow!

here's the little shits;

View attachment 988128 View attachment 988129 View attachment 988130

they're a commonish problem for all house plants, warm, damp soil and it's natural fungi are what it thrives on. i use air pots, which create perfect conditions for 'em. didn't have them the first round but as they're so common i'm hesitant to point fingers at the new soil. i can't use the starvation technique with my pots so i'll hit 'em with some Neeeeeem.

annoying thing is i've seen one fly out of more than one of the pots.

i'll get some yellow sticky things too. i've seen maximum 6 in a couple of weeks so i don't think they've caused any damage yet. fingers crossed.
Little turds!!! Get em! Get em!!!
and my weekend update was pants, here's some pics of my Tangie, she's 35 days old today. sorry one is sideways, she's a wide gal, but hey, i managed to keep the height down right?

View attachment 988131 View attachment 988132

and happy to report it appears the Stilton Special is breaking through the soil to say hello, finally a friend for Ms Tangie'Matic.

now come on Ripley, don't be shy, girl!
Looking tasty!!!

Back