New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

good morning all you lovely folk :pighug:

The cure will bring the smell and taste out. Just watch. I wasn't a believer until I saw and smelled and tasted for myself. The buds were so much better after a few weeks of curing.

I called it a scientific experiment, but I tasted the buds every couple of days of cure to confirm!

i've no doubt the CDLC will just keep getting better and better! hopefully get it to settle at 62% tonight and then the proper curing begins.

They look perrrrrfect! Amazing. They're gonna taste brilliant after a cure I'm sure.

thanks buddy! they do look rather nice! the subtle hints of purple don't come through well on my crappy camera, but they've got bag appeal :hump:

Belated congratulations on the harvest Froot! Some beautiful looking buds there. Sorry to hear about the grassy stuff, fingers crossed it’ll be acceptable with a bit of boveda in the mix.

I’m thinking to try out Mephisto, maybe on my next grow. I’ve got Ripley’s OG on the way and SN and Forgotten cookies set aside. I think stillsmokin inspired me with his trash can run LOL.

thank you so much :mrgreen:
it's a tall ask for the bovedas but i hope so...little dumbfounded to be honest...i had planned for slow drying for months! buds in brown bags inside a cardboard box inside the cupboard with average RH of 50%. took the CDLC 5 days to get down to 70%, the others were over-dried in 3.

pot is prepped in my cupboard and will be nice and warm for the first Ripley's to be dropped in later! that's a nice selection you have there...if I were you, i'd be popping Mephisto. i didn't know cannabis could be so sparkly and greasy and stanky until i witnessed Mephisto buds. @NiceOption is about to see what i mean in the next week or two...there's a reason so many get hooked on Meph' gear.

As you say, i wouldn't worry too much about a grassy taste. My last grow had a bit of that and after a month it was all but gone. Bovedas really are the magic touch. Make sure you have enough for the size of the jars. I would test the packs every week or so as they go kinda crunchy when they're done, you'll be able to tell when it's time to swap them out, or get bigger ones. I ended up reordering and going for the bigger size.

i just figured one of the little packs per jar and that's about that...i'll be sure to keep an eye on 'em!
hopefully the grassyness goes...i'm hopeful for the Grape because she still smells somewhat like she did, with grass over the top. the Livers just smells like grass...though. at least i didn't screw up the best one so far.

Yep agreed. Boveda really does wonders. Fcked up first HBSS, few weeks later all good. I'm sure you are gonna love that CDLC. What I've seen from seabass and now this, it just got first spot in my next run, great job mate really.

thanks very much mate, luckily the star of the grow looks like she's gonna save the day :jointman:
really is an incredible strain to grow, and popping open the jar, she's as intense as ever with her odours. loved the way she wanted to grow big balls of bud instead of meaty colas, made trimming a breeze and the resulting buds look lovely. she'd better smoke as good as she looks!

Yep, think I'm gonna have to add the CDLC to my next order after seeing this grow.

incredible compliment, thank you! to think there might be some Chem action in other peep's tents because of sharing mine is a great feeling!

no action from the Sour Bubbly, had a look, still just a seed.

annoying waiting 5/6 days for nothing

replace with another Bubbly or drop a fresh Stilton Special instead?

The CDLC sure did turn out fine Froot, I have popped 7 of them and 4 of the Sour livers so I can't wait until they are done. After listening to you and nico I am also going to trying to hunt down some double grape that definitely has to be next on my list. The tangie is looking good, that should be a real sweat smoke. My take on the cure is I put it all into jars and just stop burping once i think the flavour is perfect. I find that with a lot of strains that over drying really does have much more severe consequences on the flavour and taste than keeping it healthily moist, If you know what I mean. I have the livers at the point of perfection now, I will not open any of the jars unless I can see that they don't look right or I need a smoke :smoking: I will have my thread back up and going soon, hopefully I can change the title otherwise I shall start a new one. Hope everyone is well and looking forward to Christmas :bighug:

no action from the Sour Bubbly, had a look, still just a seed.

annoying waiting 5/6 days for nothing

replace with another Bubbly or drop a fresh Stilton Special instead?

Yeah man check the temps this time of year, ive been having a lot of trouble getting a couple of Schlumberga clones to take root in this fluctuating weather and have had to whack everything on 22/2 light cycle to keep tents stable as my LED light is far better value for money than a heater since the autos love it.

Can I ask how long you warmed the soil/ coco through for after soaking?
Can take quite a while to come up to temperature and bear in mind that it will also be a couple degrees colder than the surrounding environment too so i like to warm them in a lit tent (29c) for 32hrs so that you know the seed is germinating in at least a 25c soil environment.

This time of year Id germ under 24hr lights too just to make sure the chill doesn’t make it in the tent but that’s for autos ofc.

Sucks you’ve had to drop a Stilton. If i had to choose between a stinky blue cheese that gives me gas and something that sounds like a bubba bubba flavour id take the bubba

Sorry, stoned rant. but I’ve written it now though so... :bighug:

The CDLC sure did turn out fine Froot, I have popped 7 of them and 4 of the Sour livers so I can't wait until they are done. After listening to you and nico I am also going to trying to hunt down some double grape that definitely has to be next on my list. The tangie is looking good, that should be a real sweat smoke. My take on the cure is I put it all into jars and just stop burping once i think the flavour is perfect. I find that with a lot of strains that over drying really does have much more severe consequences on the flavour and taste than keeping it healthily moist, If you know what I mean. I have the livers at the point of perfection now, I will not open any of the jars unless I can see that they don't look right or I need a smoke :smoking: I will have my thread back up and going soon, hopefully I can change the title otherwise I shall start a new one. Hope everyone is well and looking forward to Christmas :bighug:

good to see you buddy :toke:
you've dropped the Chems?! ALL SEVEN? :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:
i can't wait to see what you make of 'em! and another dose of Livers, too!
i've just dropped a Stilton Special - a cross of Sour Livers and Northern Cheese Haze. not convinced it'll be particularly cheesy, but it's a Livers cross so we know it'll be nice :mrgreen:

just got caught off guard with how quickly everything dried up for me...tried my best to keep things slow but i think my extraction may have just sucked the life out of 'em. luckily the Chem escaped the over-dry, possibly because she's 99% sticky icky icky :cool1:

you can edit your old thread title anytime! if you're in your thread, it's near the top-right under "thread tools".

if you can't find the Double Grapes anywhere then Mephisto still have stock of their equally frosty grape strains Grape Walker Kush (GWK - Skywalker Kush x Grape Crinkle, i think) and Grapey Walter which is something grape x Walter White (the Mephisto-made The White) - both of these are way high on my list and i'd love to see what a fellow Brit makes of all this fancy fruity dope...

pleased to report that during all the training that little Tangie has been through, the stems make my fingers stink just as you'd expect. i think she'll kick in to gear soon and i'll have a good dozen tops that are hopefully set up to mature nicely top-to-bottom. trying to use my little space a bit more efficiently!

Yeah man check the temps this time of year, ive been having a lot of trouble getting a couple of Schlumberga clones to take root in this fluctuating weather and have had to whack everything on 22/2 light cycle to keep tents stable as my LED light is far better value for money than a heater since the autos love it.

Can I ask how long you warmed the soil/ coco through for after soaking?
Can take quite a while to come up to temperature and bear in mind that it will also be a couple degrees colder than the surrounding environment too so i like to warm them in a lit tent (29c) for 32hrs so that you know the seed is germinating in at least a 25c soil environment.

This time of year Id germ under 24hr lights too just to make sure the chill doesn’t make it in the tent but that’s for autos ofc.

Sucks you’ve had to drop a Stilton. If i had to choose between a stinky blue cheese that gives me gas and something that sounds like a bubba bubba flavour id take the bubba

Sorry, stoned rant. but I’ve written it now though so... :bighug:

you're totally right bro, my temps are 2-3 degrees below where they should be for trying to germ' these girls.
when i germed the Tangie straight in soil, i had the cupboard up around 27-28 degrees, but last week they were peaking at 25. i'll move the Tangie along in the cupboard, get the two pots of dirt up the same end as the tube heater and get that running - we've (see: the missus) has been running the central heating flat-out the past couple of weeks so i switched the tube heater off - i think that extra couple of degrees will make all the difference.
yeh i was looking forward to some old skool bubblegum flavour, but this Stilton is a Livers cross, and i didn't do the best job with my first Livers so it's almost like a second chance to do that some justice. still have another Sour Bubbly waiting in the fridge. i suppose i have the Tangie to take care of the sweet n fruity smoke in the meantime...and my preference is the opposite spectrum if i'm honest - i like musty, earthy, greasy and gassy flavours first and foremost. Ripley's is supposed to be vile so i'm super excited to get her going! :eyebrows:

Ah fair man if it’s not a straigh cheese it’s still my kind of thing. Sure it’s gonna be tangy as hell.
Reckon cheese makes some of the best rosin, edibles and eliquids but all of that heat process is what does it. it’s one of the only strain that gives me paranoia when smoked yanno

@YourMumsNewFella btw if you do change your thread title make sure you tag peeps back in because for some reason the title change seems to stop notifications for people already subbed.
Tag me in too if you want man,always looking for new friends and journals on here :pighug:

Lots of good stuff being shared here. Thanks for the knowledge brothers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

not much in the way of updates...i’d post more photographs if i could post directly from my phone but can’t figure a way to do so securely.

Tangie is like 33 days today and is working on developing pre-flowers nicely. just veggin’...
I will say this - versus the Mephisto girls, the Tangie is a much more...delicate looking plant, if that makes sense? leaves feel lighter and delicate, calyxs are smaller, more subtle, things like that. it’s interesting to watch, and she’s nice and healthy and I’m really happy to have a girl over 30 days without (ffs Froot why you jinx this) a blemish to be found anywhere. did a bit of defol on the lowers and felt guilty removing such pretty leaves but they were pissing me off when watering so y’know.

but JEEZ the Tangie sure would like some company in the cupboard, or is it now a Ripley’s Waiting Room?

got the tube heater laying between the two pots that we are germing the new girls in, to get temps boosted up. rotate them occasionally as they get warmer on one side. I’d guess the pots are averaging around 26 degrees so should be warm enough, let’s hope either Ripley or Stilton pop their heads up soon ‘cause I feel like I have a lot of wasted space right now!

lastly, CDLC still harsh in the smoke (guessing more cure will sort that out) but she’s a strong one! excellent hybrid high, a tad racy from my earlier chop but a great relaxing body high to offset it

Back