New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

i'll be getting some Neem Oil delivered tomorrow!

here's the little shits;

View attachment 988128 View attachment 988129 View attachment 988130

they're a commonish problem for all house plants, warm, damp soil and it's natural fungi are what it thrives on. i use air pots, which create perfect conditions for 'em. didn't have them the first round but as they're so common i'm hesitant to point fingers at the new soil. i can't use the starvation technique with my pots so i'll hit 'em with some Neeeeeem.

annoying thing is i've seen one fly out of more than one of the pots.

i'll get some yellow sticky things too. i've seen maximum 6 in a couple of weeks so i don't think they've caused any damage yet. fingers crossed.
Little fuckers! Keep us posted. I thought I saw one of those the other day, my eyes better have deceived me. I’ll have to give everything a close look-see today. I do have the neem oil but I hate to use it in flower.

Tangie looks beautiful, you were able to spread her far and wide. Well done!

Yeah as long as you treat those bastards soon you’ll be fine i think.

It’s easy to bring fungus spores and larvae from the outside. I’ve started changing clothes and showering before doing the tents and don’t have any problems with mildew and yellow leaf anymore, may be another good idea to keep the room more sterile. I’ve seen quite a few indoor growers recommend it especially commercial guys since in general indoor plants have less natural immunity for obvious reasons (not being exposed to it from emergence)

Let us know how you get on with the neem oil treatment man

and my weekend update was pants, here's some pics of my Tangie, she's 35 days old today. sorry one is sideways, she's a wide gal, but hey, i managed to keep the height down right?

View attachment 988131 View attachment 988132

and happy to report it appears the Stilton Special is breaking through the soil to say hello, finally a friend for Ms Tangie'Matic.

now come on Ripley, don't be shy, girl!
Looking amazing buddy! She'll be monster! Fantastic work on the training.

Little fuckers! Keep us posted. I thought I saw one of those the other day, my eyes better have deceived me. I’ll have to give everything a close look-see today. I do have the neem oil but I hate to use it in flower.

Tangie looks beautiful, you were able to spread her far and wide. Well done!

only spotted (and slayed) one last night during my cupboard time. been letting my soil dry out more to combat them. keeping soil in optimum condition is a chore, making me consider moving on to other options in future.

thank you! she's doing good i think - she's taken the higher temps in the cupboard well whilst i get the new gals sprouting. i look at her and wonder if she'd have been much different without the training, besides a taller main cola. looking at other grows of this strain i'm thinking i could have just supercropped the main stem later in veg and she'd have ended up similar anyway, probably in a shorter time frame and with much less intervention from me...i dunno. the one possible positive that has come from this style of training, is i think the main cola is not strictly the dominant cola anymore - there's 3 or 4 others that are just behind it in terms of development and number of bud sites. but that could just be the way she grows.

thanks for lookin' :bighug:

Yeah as long as you treat those bastards soon you’ll be fine i think.

It’s easy to bring fungus spores and larvae from the outside. I’ve started changing clothes and showering before doing the tents and don’t have any problems with mildew and yellow leaf anymore, may be another good idea to keep the room more sterile. I’ve seen quite a few indoor growers recommend it especially commercial guys since in general indoor plants have less natural immunity for obvious reasons (not being exposed to it from emergence)

Let us know how you get on with the neem oil treatment man

yeh admittedly i'm not super cautious - i keep the cupboard clean (but i got tricky about using stuff that KILLS 99.999999999999% OF BACTERIA because i like some of the good bacteria :haha:) so i tend to wash down with plain water. and i wash hands religiously but then i'm a bit OTT with hand washing so yeh. but clothes and stuff, nah. i'll make more of an effort.

couldn't get next-day delivery on the neem so still waiting. sticky sheets should arrive today though.

thanks dude :pass:

plants looking fine :thumbsup: if ya only seen a few in a week thats a good thing,not enough to do any damage :coffee:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

yeh i give the pots a good bash and wait for 'em to fly out. only one seen in past 24 hours.
not quite an infestation but i'd rather not see one!

Just catching up, wow that double grape looks fantastic. I really want to try one, as I have a pack of 5, but as I posted in my thread, I believe I’m going to tent my tent down for a bit and take a little break.

thanks bro. the DG came out alright, but i had some problems drying it slowly so the end product is just okay - potent enough, just the sweet smell has that grassy odour tainting it.

my Livers came out worse - couldn't give it away. my CDLC still smells 10/10 but i'm not impressed by the flavour - i hope it's just needing more cure because honestly, i'm really quite disappointed with my results so far.

Looking amazing buddy! She'll be monster! Fantastic work on the training.

thanks bro :pass:she's been easy so far, hopefully she'll produce some tasty stuff.

SS1.jpg

Stilton Special is up, Day 1. it's got weird light patches on it. will monitor and as always, hope for the best.

nothing from the other pot still.

thanks for stopping by matey @Jrw1981 - only got the one going strong at the moment, bit delayed in starting her friends for one reason or another...but hopefully by 2019 it'll be jumpin' in there again with 3 lovely ladies.

yeh, y'know i'm sure the CDLC will cure up just fine - it's only had a couple of weeks and i think most say minimum 4-6 weeks cure. i might be able to get one of the jars that far along!

really gutted about the hermie issue you had, but you got it early and that's great. next time will be even better out of the gates.

The cure will definitely help, man! I have heard some strains taking a couple months to fully show their best tastes and flavors. I saw for myself how the weed improved each week. I think the Sour Livers will make a comeback!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back