New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

only a quick snap from yesterday;

yeh.jpg

well looking at how greasy these bottom buds are, i'm hoping they'd press well.

i do want to make has from the trim though...and bubble bags are looking like the way i'll do it.
love the look of the dry ice method instead but, as usual, anything slightly out-of-the-ordinary in the UK will cost way too much.

update from the cupboard.
Sour Livers still looks pissed off with the lights at their current maximum height of 26" above the main cola.
CDLC looks great, maybe grumbling a little still over the lights but not much.
i can get more height on the cobs but it means raising the shelf above them that the filter rests on, or getting rid of the shelf entirely and figure out a new method to hang everything from the top instead.
for the time being, cobs have been reduced to 80% to keep stress to a minimum.
have had to raise the seedling up and one cob a little lower to avoid stretch -- if i mess it up and this Tangie stretches anymore, i'll pull it and swap it out. if my plants were a more even height, i'd be having a much smoother time right now. you run out of height so quickly.
Yeah, I feel you. I had a pretty decent yield (i think) from my bubble bags, I'm sure you will do to. It's kind of wonderful watching the magic that a little ice, water and trim can produce. There's something about it that feels very natural. It also resulted in the best hash I've ever smoked in my life. A very small cost for years of top shelf hash! I might splash out on one of their mixers down the line, seems like it would make the whole process a little more streamlined. Mixing it is a little rough for me and my back/arm/leg/neck/chest pain lol. Hopefully you'll find the process a bit easier.

Yeah, I feel you. I had a pretty decent yield (i think) from my bubble bags, I'm sure you will do to. It's kind of wonderful watching the magic that a little ice, water and trim can produce. There's something about it that feels very natural. It also resulted in the best hash I've ever smoked in my life. A very small cost for years of top shelf hash! I might splash out on one of their mixers down the line, seems like it would make the whole process a little more streamlined. Mixing it is a little rough for me and my back/arm/leg/neck/chest pain lol. Hopefully you'll find the process a bit easier.

Definitely going to grabbing some bubble bags because honestly i can’t handle the amount of processing that goes into dry sifting anymore and can’t be assed to get the screens from the attic lol

spent 6 hours overhauling the cupboard :finger:

Sour Livers best appreciate it.

There’s a chance the extraction hasn’t been working to it’s full potential - ducting was kinda blocked where it had folded in on itself when I pushed it through the ceiling when I installed it 60 days ago :doh:

yeh so the difference is night-and-day...

i bought Sour Livers and CDLC primarily because they come with the highest odour control warning; I like stinky stinky :gassy:

i invested as much £££ as possible on a decent extraction system when I really wanted to spend the money on more fun stuff like seeds and stuff but I was trying to be somewhat responsible.

i set up the extraction a week after starting off the girls. it’s very loud.

Sour Livers stinks of dog poop from day 30something. extraction doesn’t keep the odour down much...
CDLC starts making the cupboard, room and house smell like I just threw a tyre on a fire.

pushing 70 odd days now and i got around to making some adjustments so I can raise my cobbies higher. this meant hanging the filter/fan combo instead of having it supported like I did at first (which allowed a lot of vibrations to resonate through the cupboard :clapper:) which meant taking it all out and starting over.

pulled the ducting out from the ceiling hole I made with a hammer :eyebrows: to find it looking rather restricted inside - it’s that ‘acoustic’ ducting with a layer of insulation running through it, all folded in on itself. pulled it through from the attic this time.

so after a month of my house rather blatantly stinking of Mephisto’s pongiest offerings, I have a working extraction system :thumbsup: and negative pressure and all that cool stuff

best keep an eye on my environment now I suppose, think RH has already dropped but my meter is a bit out from having it and the girls sat in the bath tub for 6 hours yesterday whilst I wrestled with the cupboard.

also mounted the tube heater on the wall instead of the floor - waste of time...too close to the girls now, had to switch off.
plan to install it vertically today instead, so one end of the cupboard will be toasty for newer girls.

that’s a lot of words to say I’m a bit dumb.
@archie gemmill thinks he’s an eejit...

Last edited:
yeh so the difference is night-and-day...

i bought Sour Livers and CDLC primarily because they come with the highest odour control warning; I like stinky stinky :gassy:

i invested as much £££ as possible on a decent extraction system when I really wanted to spend the money on more fun stuff like seeds and stuff but I was trying to be somewhat responsible.

i set up the extraction a week after starting off the girls. it’s very loud.

Sour Livers stinks of dog poop from day 30something. extraction doesn’t keep the odour down much...
CDLC starts making the cupboard, room and house smell like I just threw a tyre on a fire.

pushing 70 odd days now and i got around to making some adjustments so I can raise my cobbies higher. this meant hanging the filter/fan combo instead of having it supported like I did at first (which allowed a lot of vibrations to resonate through the cupboard :clapper:) which meant taking it all out and starting over.

pulled the ducting out from the ceiling hole I made with a hammer :eyebrows: to find it looking rather restricted inside - it’s that ‘acoustic’ ducting with a layer of insulation running through it, all folded in on itself. pulled it through from the attic this time.

so after a month of my house rather blatantly stinking of Mephisto’s pongiest offerings, I have a working extraction system :thumbsup: and negative pressure and all that cool stuff

best keep an eye on my environment now I suppose, think RH has already dropped but my meter is a bit out from having it and the girls sat in the bath tub for 6 hours yesterday whilst I wrestled with the cupboard.

also mounted the tube heater on the wall instead of the floor - waste of time...too close to the girls now, had to switch off.
plan to install it vertically today instead, so one end of the cupboard will be toasty for newer girls.

that’s a lot of words to say I’m a bit dumb.
@archie gemmill thinks he’s an eejit...

Man don’t worry, my first time round years ago didn’t even make it to buds worth smoking and because i’m a bit dumb i figured i better actually learn a before i try again.

setting up an indoor grow space is a lot harder that the youtube videos let on when they speed up the work 10 fold lol

looking good to me,chunky buds :thumbsup: sour livers gave my extraction a good testing out,thankfully it dont reak as much after chop.
spending money and tweeking the cupboard never ends,theres always something more needed,and theres always a shopping list.ive bought some things 4 times over and other things still getting pushed down the to buy list.2 things i havnt regreated buying over again are a spare fan/filter,if one of them fail ya cant afford to wait for payday or delivery.
anytime i done supercropping its been last minute.a few boxes filled with junk laying about to plonk a plant on avoids any playing about with light heights.ducting as short as possible avoid bends if possible
002 (2) - Copy.JPG
we are ment to wash that white cloth over the filter periodically,first time i climbed i me cupboard for a good look it was black as yer boot
filthy carbon filter - Copy.JPG

easyiest way to get concentrates/extracts/dry sift/kief without doing anything 4 part grinder
2 - Copy.JPG

im a big fan of oldschool dry sift,takes a bit a work but :shrug:
about a tenner a pop on a well known auction site that dont rhyme with a forrest or a river 53-180 microns
dry sift screens 180-150-105-74-63-53 micron - Copy.JPG

and then theres the hair tongs tech.
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

@archie gemmill there is definitely something about smoke texture to dry sift heat pressed hash that you can’t seem to accomplish any other way
image.jpg

i personally go for the chongs box for effortless kief though we can tell how low on weed i am when the kief is this low :nono:

i just wish i has that kief

Back