New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

@mcpd_refugee thank you, they’re hangin’ in there. Sour Livers will be 60 days tomorrow, CDLC a day behind.

hoping for first week of December to chop as I need some supplies still and that’d be easier on me if it could wait for payday.

@Pigskinfantasy hope so brother :smoking:

thanks for lookin’ guys

nice mate very nice. i got 3 baby sour livers on the go now;) happy growing every1 ;)

thank you very much :cheers:
can't wait to see your Livers bro! :greenthumb:

now, if i can get this thing to stop stretching :cuss:
lowered her main cob down to 85cm as she grew another 3cm overnight
why do i find it so difficult to find the sweet spot for seedlings?

9cm.jpg

the plan this round was to keep all four cobs pumping out max watts
was hoping seedlings would then grow up to the intense light
this one just shrugged it off :finger:

lowering the light isn't a huge issue, just surprised she wants to get so intimate with a 55W cob directly above her along with another 165W cookin' the big gals...

Last edited:
seedling stopped stretching hopefully :thumbsup:

Sour Livers behaving a little odd as she's wrapping up...

very leafy growth on the lowest inner buds, these were very small up until a couple of days ago;

sl61leaves.jpg
sl61bits.jpg

plus the very swollen lumps at the node above them...

recent changes have been the addition of a tube heater, raising average temps up a couple of degrees.
she was flushed with 6.5 pH tap water last week because i think she had problems with salt build up, but has since dried out and is back in her wet/dry cycle.

these buds at the bottom feel very resinous :thumbsup: but strange, leafy growth, and no exaggeration, these buds smell stronger than the rest of the well developed buds :confused1:

like i said, she's getting on a bit now and i'm happy with her overall, just wondering why she appears to be focusing her efforts on these buds at the bottom instead of the higher ones? i'd like to see a bit more swell on those before i call it a day for her!

Maybe if you add some support to the higher canopy? She may feel there's not enough support for any more growth up top and decided to focus on some lower buds I don't know. Don't have much anecdotal evidence besides how reactive to its environment and people use trellising to increase yields so maybe ductape some bamboo to the sides of the pots or something and do some light tying away from bud sites and that could help. I don't personally like putting large stakes into ground of a fully flowering plant to avoid disturbing roots. I've done that for a friend with plastic pots and it worked pretty well but it's not something I've done for myself yet

Anyone else got some thoughts?

P. S. I've noticed a lot of plants produce leafy bottom bud so I wouldn't worry about that. It's why sometimes people define between "top leaf/bud" and "bottom leaf/bud" when referring to varying qualities from the same plant. Not sure how accurate that gauge is though

she has some nice buds on her mate but she’s not even straining her top branches yet :thumbsup: maybe soon!
totally you’re right on them being leafier just because they’re bottom buds, same on my other girls, keeping ‘em bushy low down :thumbsup:

it was just weird how they just kinda appeared haha, hopefully it means the rest of the buds will follow suit :yay:

thanks bro :pass:

Back