New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

HaHa "Super Models" :kiss: that is exactly what I want to do mate, my only problem is space. I have to sit amongst the others to get any chance of space for 1 and it may sound strange but I think the other ladies get jealous :eek1:

From my unprofessional standards it looked 10% clear 80% cloudy 10% amber, which isn't exactly where I want it. I am using a 60x-120x Freehand scope tho and believe me it ain't easy especially with dopey hands like mine:biggrin: I had already turned the cycle down to 16 hours and lifted the lights slightly to give the girls a nudge. They listened but not closely enough so lights were lifted yesterday another 2 hours was cut from the schedule and they will be left in the dark in slightly cooler temps than usual until the harvest in a day or 2. I was taught that the trichs still mature for a good few days into the drying stage and this is something I live by but have never actually tested, I am sure I read a piece about it once which confirmed for me but never actually tested with a microscope because I never had one. If anyone else has if you could let me know that would be great :bighug:
They definitely do continue maturing a little during the drying (and possibly curing) process. But only a little. I like to think it rounds out the edges of the high and makes for a smoother journey :oops1:

thanks bro. yours will take off...they seem so slow at the start. i've taken a photo of each one every day for comparison and that helps - especially when you get to compare a weeks worth of growth.

i go in to @Seabass new grow and see his Double Grape is twice as far along as mine in the same time frame - but then i think about it; Seabass has had a bunch of harvests under his belt, he has experience with the kit he is using and has a far better understanding of the whole process than me. i'm taking mental notes about the mistakes i've identified so far, but i should list them here for my own future reference...

Sub-optimal air flow for the first week ~ i should have waited until i set up my extraction system before germination. i think this, coupled with a 80%rh is responsible for the dodgy first set of leaves on my DG which caused a good 2-3 day stall.
Lighting height ~ initially too high and too dim because of being over cautious. resulted in lots of stretch, which i'm guessing would slow down other development.

i guess the point i'm trying make is that while we are still learning about lighting, mediums, nutes and our environments, if our plants look healthy enough and show growth, even slowly, we are doing alright.

all the best :pass:
way more than all right! Right now you are learning more than you can comprehend, you'll be tapping into this by next grow

Hey @Froot n Fuel, a couple of weeks ago (I think) you said you were going to get a press and a rig in time for Christmas. I was wondering what kind of press you’ve been looking at. My Double Grape has me thinking about squishing some flower and I’ve been looking around, but I’m as of yet undecided.

Hey @Froot n Fuel, a couple of weeks ago (I think) you said you were going to get a press and a rig in time for Christmas. I was wondering what kind of press you’ve been looking at. My Double Grape has me thinking about squishing some flower and I’ve been looking around, but I’m as of yet undecided.
I'm in the same boat. If you have any recommendations I'm all ears. It's a murky market out there unless you've got a grand to drop.

HaHa "Super Models" :kiss: that is exactly what I want to do mate, my only problem is space. I have to sit amongst the others to get any chance of space for 1 and it may sound strange but I think the other ladies get jealous :eek1:

From my unprofessional standards it looked 10% clear 80% cloudy 10% amber, which isn't exactly where I want it. I am using a 60x-120x Freehand scope tho and believe me it ain't easy especially with dopey hands like mine:biggrin: I had already turned the cycle down to 16 hours and lifted the lights slightly to give the girls a nudge. They listened but not closely enough so lights were lifted yesterday another 2 hours was cut from the schedule and they will be left in the dark in slightly cooler temps than usual until the harvest in a day or 2. I was taught that the trichs still mature for a good few days into the drying stage and this is something I live by but have never actually tested, I am sure I read a piece about it once which confirmed for me but never actually tested with a microscope because I never had one. If anyone else has if you could let me know that would be great :bighug:

i wouldn't wanna make your Big n' Daft Livers jealous mate...:eek1:

i received my loupe yesterday and let's just say my hands ain't as steady as i thought they were haha

sorry bro, i'm not well versed in trich development, maturing or degrading yet. i'm sure they'll bee spot on any day now though! i wonder how long it'll take you to get through the dirty dozen? quite a task :mrgreen:

Your grow has caused me to order some sour livers and CDLC, Froot. I am so impressed at how accommodating they have been. You should be a very happy man!

over the moon mate! that's really awesome! they have been very kind to me, good strong weeds these ones :thumbsup:

if you want to see the real potential of the Sour Livers, check out the twelve @YourMumsNewFella is just about to harvest and you'll be even happier with your choice;

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mephisto-sour-livers-blues-last-chance-autos.67355/page-3

the group shot gets me every time, you'll see. bonkers stuff.

way more than all right! Right now you are learning more than you can comprehend, you'll be tapping into this by next grow

knowledge of this grow already being applied to the new bean we popped in the soil last night :woohoo1:
thanks for having a browse through my lil' journey, relieves some of the new grower anxieties having all you good folk swing by :thanks:

just wait until that Grape packs on a little bit and really puts out her smell...taken me by surprise! very intense sherbet and mango! personally i've never had buds with this kind of profile, very excited to try it.
i'll be procuring something from the bay for pressing...there's a few decent options at a few different price ranges and i see a few decent looking products coming out of Germany now which usually equates to nice build quality - around £250 though...might be a bit much. £100 gets you a rather crude looking vice with heated aluminium plates either side wonderfully Made-In-England :lol:- it looks pants...but it's cheap, small, and boasts up to 20% yields and comes with a years warranty. that's a lot of boxes ticked for £100.

i wouldn't wanna make your Big n' Daft Livers jealous mate...:eek1:

i received my loupe yesterday and let's just say my hands ain't as steady as i thought they were haha

sorry bro, i'm not well versed in trich development, maturing or degrading yet. i'm sure they'll bee spot on any day now though! i wonder how long it'll take you to get through the dirty dozen? quite a task :mrgreen:

over the moon mate! that's really awesome! they have been very kind to me, good strong weeds these ones :thumbsup:

if you want to see the real potential of the Sour Livers, check out the twelve @YourMumsNewFella is just about to harvest and you'll be even happier with your choice;

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mephisto-sour-livers-blues-last-chance-autos.67355/page-3

the group shot gets me every time, you'll see. bonkers stuff.

knowledge of this grow already being applied to the new bean we popped in the soil last night :woohoo1:
thanks for having a browse through my lil' journey, relieves some of the new grower anxieties having all you good folk swing by :thanks:

just wait until that Grape packs on a little bit and really puts out her smell...taken me by surprise! very intense sherbet and mango! personally i've never had buds with this kind of profile, very excited to try it.
i'll be procuring something from the bay for pressing...there's a few decent options at a few different price ranges and i see a few decent looking products coming out of Germany now which usually equates to nice build quality - around £250 though...might be a bit much. £100 gets you a rather crude looking vice with heated aluminium plates either side wonderfully Made-In-England :lol:- it looks pants...but it's cheap, small, and boasts up to 20% yields and comes with a years warranty. that's a lot of boxes ticked for £100.

@NiceOption Thanks man, always nice to have some confirmation and I agree it's not something to rely on if you are wanting major trich change.

@Froot n Fuel Thanks mate, took them down a couple of days ago. Took me around 9 hours to do a very very light trim, estimate my usual trim would have taken over 24 hours and I can't do that in one sitting. the line snapped twice which is always a good sign :crying:

Tried my best to get some decent shots but it was like one of those picture puzzle games where you have to move the pieces around to get the picture back. I was laying on at least 4 each time to take a picture of 1 :nono:

I will take some more shots once it is dry when I do the final trim and I'm just about to put a few more up on my thread in the meantime :biggrin:

cupb.jpg
cdlc57.jpg
tangie1.jpg

@NiceOption good morning matey :coffee:

:biggrin: thank you!
just cupboard snaps, they're annoying to get in and out and i break :weed: leaves when i do :redcross:

Tangie popped up yesterday
i forgot what day i popped the seed in though...i wanna say Tuesday but i think i posted it in your journal...where i am headed now :smoking:

Back