New Grower Strawberry Highs

See, I have lots of those moments!
:rofl:
Ahhhh, yes, Canna. Do you use the Coco line?
I do yes , only my 2nd grow and and used the same nutes so can’t compare it with anything else but I did yield over half pound first grow. The boost is very expensive followed by rhiz. But I don’t like change lol so expect I will always use it. Oh and we are all allowed a certain amount of those moments in life lol.

I do yes , only my 2nd grow and and used the same nutes so can’t compare it with anything else but I did yield over half pound first grow. The boost is very expensive followed by rhiz. But I don’t like change lol so expect I will always use it. Oh and we are all allowed a certain amount of those moments in life lol.

If it ain't broke, dont fix it!! Even if it costs a few extra bucks. I love Rhiz also and will never change. I have a tendency to watch other peoples grows, then want to change the way I do things. It always messes me up. I saw your grow and immediately wanted to stop my whole complicated veg process and just drop a seed into the coco and call it a day. LOL. But..my veg process works for me so I cant change it or I will go crazy. I need to get a plan that works, and stick with it. I currently use MegaCrop and have incredible results in veg....but a few issues with large plants and low bud production. I just need to work on it and tweak a bit. Your plants were incredible, I wouldn't change a thing! :biggrin:

Last edited:
If it ain't broke, dont fix it!! Even if it costs a few extra bucks. I love Rhiz also and will never change. I have a tendency to watch other peoples grows, then want to change the way I do things. It always messes me up. I saw your grow and immediately wanted to stop my whole complicated veg process and just drop a seed into the coco and call it a day. LOL. But..my veg process works for me so I cant change it or I will go crazy. I need to get a plan that works, and stick with it. I currently use MegaCrop and have incredible results in veg....but a few issues with large plants and low bud production. I just need to work on it and tweak a bit. Your plants were incredible, I wouldn't change a thing! :biggrin:
The start Is the trickiest part for me because I don’t like to transplant, so Trying to look after a seedling in 5 gallon pots of coco brings a few challenges. This time round I pre soaked my coco before potting. It worked lol. I love the veg stage of growing . weeks 1-3 are great to watch, then week 3-5 they just take off it’s pretty awsome. And I will not defol in veg at all. Thankyou for your kind words and encouragement. Gotta love this place.......

The start Is the trickiest part for me because I don’t like to transplant, so Trying to look after a seedling in 5 gallon pots of coco brings a few challenges. This time round I pre soaked my coco before potting. It worked lol. I love the veg stage of growing . weeks 1-3 are great to watch, then week 3-5 they just take off it’s pretty awsome. And I will not defol in veg at all. Thankyou for your kind words and encouragement. Gotta love this place.......
I know exactly what you mean. But, for me personally, it is easier to transplant then care for a small seed in a big pot. Been there, tried that :cool:

Strawberry Pie - Fast buds - Week 7

hi peoples, yay Friday again, that was a quick week and very busy in and out of the tent. Has been one of those weeks in the loft , very stressful at times battling with my arch enemy ( humidity ), if I didn’t shave my head I would have pulled it all out by now, damn. I’m not on top of it at all, but I can keep it under 60% which I consider getting to close for comfort now I’m into flower, but it’s as stable as I can get it, so it is what it is.
Another concern is that I have compacted my coco with my extremely poor watering technique, I say technique very loosely. As a result my drainage isn’t very good and roots have appeared at the surface of the coco, obviously crying out for some oxygen, it could all go completely tits up soon, hopefully not. lesson learned,and for future reference to myself do not dump 5 litres in 10 seconds into my coco, . Slow and steady from now on .
Even more stress this week involving the height of my plants, they wouldn’t stop growing and got about 8 inches away from my light, I have no more headroom, and My brain is doing flips , then it clicked finally, I had to separate my fan and filter and move them apart to each end of the tent then hook it back together with some kiddy ducting, this allowed my light to be raised up inbetween the space and give me the headroom I needed. Crazy week.
Anyway , on with the actual grow . The day after my last update I decided to remove everything from the plants that was under the net, whoa , it ended up being about a 3 rd of the plants, they were looking a bit bare compared to what they were but still very healthy on top.
285C1E75-EB95-45A2-9EEF-CE88EEF14548.jpeg

Im hoping this will encourage everything that’s left to push on nicely, so far so good.
My even canopy has been lost a little, as one girl continued to stretch above the other, genetics maybe, who knows but still fairly even.
3294C19A-CCFA-4E63-AD4F-4E7C36EEB18E.jpeg

ppms went up to 950 but I’ve now bought that back down to 750 /800, still bottled water only and still adding calmag to that to bring my starting ec to 0.3-0.4, then feeding accordingly.
Both girls seem very happy right now and they’ve got there Pom poms out and starting to get frosty.
4799C613-2B71-482C-B9E6-E6A516C1AB6B.jpeg

Well that’s it for this week peoples I need to sleep, thanks to you guys n gals following along, it makes it so much more worth while. :bighug:Stay safe peoples and stay tuned for more strawberry highs.

Strawberry Pie - Week 7
377C8A64-B8F8-47D8-B90E-9D0BC250174F.jpeg

Looking great Sheriff!! Keep er growing!!

I am glad I am not the only one who pulls her hair out! I love my ladies, but they certainly wear my patience
:crying:
Your tent is looking wonderful hon...and I was thinking of doing the "clean up under the net" thing also. I think it makes
more air flow, and puts the energy where it belongs.

Oh how I wish I could just pop a seed in its final pot. It NEVER works for me, but would make life SO much easier!

Grow on friend!!

XOXO
Mom

Last edited:
I am glad I am not the only one who pulls her hair out! I love my ladies, but they certainly wear my patience
:crying:
Your tent is looking wonderful hon...and I was thinking of doing the "clean up under the net" thing also. I think it makes
more air flow, and puts the energy where it belongs.

Oh how I wish I could just pop a seed in its final pot. It NEVER works for me, but would make life SO much easier!

Grow on friend!!

XOXO
Mom
Thanks again massmom, too kind. And yes it creates more airflow cutting back like that, they both took it well. You can see anything below the net just isnt gonna grow into much so off it came. Thought I’d over done it as usual, but there’s plenty of action going on up top. They don’t call it a nursery for nothing lol manic week. Thanks again for tuning in .
Sheriff X

Strawberry Pie - Fast buds - Week 8

hello peoples, hope the week has been kind to you all, my favourite day of the week, thread update and photo shoot.
Nothing to exciting in the tent this week, I seem to find this phase of a grow a little tedious, probably as the flower doesn’t grow as vigorous as in the veg stage, so there’s a lot less change from week to week. Both my girls are plodding along nicely, shooting pistils all over the place and the flower is starting to fill out a bit of now and generally much healthier and better looking than my first grow at this stage, very sweet scent of the sugar leaves Along with dank coco and gas . A bit like a bag of fruit sweets sitting on a turd Kind of smell. My first grow went 13 weeks, and these girls seem to be on par with that, although the bud seems to be developing slightly quicker due to being healthier I guess. Probably gonna add some pk within the next week, bit nervous about that, but gotta try it at some point.
Feeding at 750/800 ppms - 5 litres a day each and still using calmag with bottled water and all still good under the hood. Cana coco a-b / cannazym/ and boost.
Not really much more to add for this week peoples, thanks again to those of you that do follow along.
Stay safe and stay tuned for more strawberry highs.

Strawberry Pie - Week 8
D4394F13-D4EA-46EE-ABCF-76056253E1AF.jpeg
424444DB-47E8-4F7B-B6FE-880A32AE1933.jpeg
7165C120-DF64-41BA-907E-D151E5F8CCDD.jpeg

Back