New Grower Strawberry Highs

Strawberry Pie - fast buds - week 6

hello peoples hope we are all well n good . Week 6 today . Bit of a week in the tent , I expect a few other uk growers have been having high humidity issues , quite bad down here in the south , my girls have been sitting in 65/70% humidity for about 8/9 days now, I’ve just bought a 20litre dehumidifier which sits outside my tent, so hopefully that will do something, time will tell or I’m gonna come up a bit stuck when bud starts to grow. But right now the girls are absolutely thriving and well into their stretch maybe even coming to the end of stretch ( hopefully ) as I can’t move leds up anymore.
Im still using bottle water and probably will do now until chop, ppms are up to 950 now , not sure I will go higher than that unless they tell me otherwise. And I’ve had to deviate from my strict 20/4 light schedule and keep them running full time until this humidity eases.
My goal for this grow was always to put a net in place and try to keep an even canopy as I could, they past the net earlier in the week so I kept tucking them back under the net for a couple of days until the flowers were roughly the same height then I just let them go and do their thing again. I have removed the odd leaf but no defol has been done yet. I will be removing some leaves and waste below the net, but probably not too much and not to quickly. Really exciting week in the tent and a real buzz when things go well, couldn’t believe this weeks growth in the tent and apart from the odd defect on a leaf or two, they both look soooo nice. Lets hope they continue in the same way.
Stay safe peoples and stay tuned for more strawberry highs.

Strawberry Pie - Week 6
View attachment 1364945
View attachment 1364946

Quite a nice even canopy, and pretty pleased with my efforts so far...
View attachment 1364947
see you next week peoples.
Reckon you could come across long lost tribes in there mate! Looking awesome :weed:

Cheers for kind words my friend. Don’t think we spoke before, happy to have you along for the ride. And yes very pleased with both plants so far, still only my 2nd grow , so long way off from being dialled in but enjoying the journey.
Your plant has got it all going on, do you lst or defol?
I was a lazy LST kinda gal, but that has changed since I am sick of getting "trees!" I think its important for me to spend the time early on to be able to get shorter plants with more energy going into the buds. The time will be worth it. I am going to give it a try this time around. Every grow we learn something new...and that is why I find growing so exciting. Grow on friend, looking GORGEOUS!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I was a lazy LST kinda gal, but that has changed since I am sick of getting "trees!" I think its important for me to spend the time early on to be able to get shorter plants with more energy going into the buds. The time will be worth it. I am going to give it a try this time around. Every grow we learn something new...and that is shy I find growing so exciting. Grow on friend, looking GORGEOUS!! :biggrin:
Thankyou massmom, appreciate it. And yes I’m always enjoying the learning curve, my first grow I just bent the main stem at week 3 , and that was all I did, this time round I just topped and let them go, although I have defoliated everything below the net, I said I wasn’t gonna do that, but there was a lot of waste and flower which wouldn’t ever amount to much, and my humidity is getting out of control, so that’s all helped a bit, hopefully I shocked them a bit and slowed down their growth as I’m running out of headspace.

• Love
Reactions: EP3
Thankyou massmom, appreciate it. And yes I’m always enjoying the learning curve, my first grow I just bent the main stem at week 3 , and that was all I did, this time round I just topped and let them go, although I have defoliated everything below the net, I said I wasn’t gonna do that, but there was a lot of waste and flower which wouldn’t ever amount to much, and my humidity is getting out of control, so that’s all helped a bit, hopefully I shocked them a bit and slowed down their growth as I’m running out of headspace.
My first few grows I was afraid to do ANYTHING to the plant. :nono:Then the wonderful peeps here taught me how to top...so I am pretty comfy with that. Then I tried LST and thought I was going to kill them, but I didn't. I do want to do both of those this time, religiously, and also put up a net. Not a "scrog" so to speak, but something I can spread out her leaves and give them stability at least. I plan on taking everything off below the net also. I have an issue with tall, TALL plants with low bud production, so it is worth it this time around to at least try. What's the worst that can happen? My cat gets to eat a plant I killed. (Not the first...dont ask!)
:crying:
PS: what do you feed them? I went through your journal a few times and I think I am missing something, did you state
what nutrients you are using? They are so pretty!!

Last edited:
My first few grows I was afraid to do ANYTHING to the plant. :nono:Then the wonderful peeps here taught me how to top...so I am pretty comfy with that. Then I tried LST and thought I was going to kill them, but I didn't. I do want to do both of those this time, religiously, and also put up a net. Not a "scrog" so to speak, but something I can spread out her leaves and give them stability at least. I plan on taking everything off below the net also. I have an issue with tall, TALL plants with low bud production, so it is worth it this time around to at least try. What's the worst that can happen? My cat gets to eat a plant I killed. (Not the first...dont ask!)
PS: what do you feed them? I went through your journal a few times and I think I am missing something, did you state
2 x 5gallon root pouch, ecothrive lite Coco. And I use the full line of canna nutes, first grow I left out pk13/14 but will give it a go this time round. They were pretty lol until I completely butchered them yesterday, and removed everything below the net, i consider that hst, but I reckon they were healthy enough to handle it.

Page 1 , 2 nd paragraph, i state what nutes I’m using. Lmao.

Page 1 , 2 nd paragraph, i state what nutes I’m using. Lmao.
See, I have lots of those moments!
:rofl:
Ahhhh, yes, Canna. Do you use the Coco line?

Last edited:
Back