New Grower Slaters first grow... Fixin' to be a lot better, man...3xBig Easy, Freedom Seeds

Hey Slater, have you come to a conclusion with the paper bag vs hang dry?
I started out hanging, now I do the paper bag method and love it.

Hey dude, so far just the obvious like the smell, the hung dry have a better shape, I would say the bags are a day or 2 ahead. Not smoked any yet, being a good boy and waiting until fully ready.

Hey dude, so far just the obvious like the smell, the hung dry have a better shape, I would say the bags are a day or 2 ahead. Not smoked any yet, being a good boy and waiting until fully ready.
Are you hanging the bags? Unless I dry huge buds in the bag and the weight kinda flattens em, I haven't seen much of a shape change, aside from the obvious shrinkage.
Are you using thick paper bags. My experience has been a slower dry than hanging. Fair to say, a thin bag would dry faster though.

Peace

Its been a few days and I've been trying to find the time to do an up date

Grow 1.0... R.I.P 90 days old
Well its done, my first grow is over all chopped and drying. What a wonderful journey that was, and an amazing learning curve...I'm fucking seriously hooked on this growing lark now... why oh why did it take me so long to get on board

Plant 2 last photo shoot
IMGP2226.jpg

This is what she gave me, there was quite a lot of fluffy bud in the center. It was very late at night when she got the chop and i was a little stoned and i forgot to get the wet weight but I recon she gave about the same as plant 3 as she has taken up the same amount of paper bags. So around 15oz wet.
IMGP2228.jpg

Grow 1.2 Day 68

Even though these girls are behind they are not a disappointment in the production and grow of buds, the AK49 is going to be a good harvest if i can get her there.

Big Easy - A little behind the other 2, she is at maximum height in the tent if not a bit to close to the light.
IMGP2258.jpg

I did find this on her some of her top leaves. I did a check and think it might be to much nutes (she is showing a very little amount of nute burn on the tips...very small amount) so she just got water on her last water. I could be wrong... @jingo you be the man who's would know what this could be ?... its on the the leaves on the main cola up top closest to the light.
IMGP2254.jpg

IMGP2255.jpg

I have had these 2 plants mixed up for sometime as my labeling fell off but now they are in full bloom I'm pretty sure its Big Easy (on left) AK49 (on the right)
Now these lady's are having a great time, if a little squashed in the tent. The AK49 is starting to really smell, gluey come to mind. And she is super sticky.
IMGP2269.jpg

As you can see they all just about fit
IMGP2271.jpg

Nice harvest, you're going to have a steady supply soon.

So as far as those leaves go, I'm stumped. The first leave looks like simple nute burn on the edge or/and a touch of calcium def. But, it's not bad and leaf is dark green so i wouldn't treat it.

The second leave looks like maybe light damage

47ada49157d8040d01789b9a40f281fd.jpg

Especially if it starts as...., idk mellow? chlorosis, before it progresses. You can get all sorts of micro deficiency's when you get to close with LEDs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Peace[/QUOTE]
Are you hanging the bags? Unless I dry huge buds in the bag and the weight kinda flattens em, I haven't seen much of a shape change, aside from the obvious shrinkage.
Are you using thick paper bags. My experience has been a slower dry than hanging. Fair to say, a thin bag would dry faster though.

Peace

Yes they are hanging up, using bungees as washing lines in my small tent, bags are pretty thin-ish and small. They have had a really slow dry so far, my RH in the small tent is around 70%-75%, temps ranging from 12c - 15c. I gave them 8 days in the bags then jared them. Down to to 73% in the jar. Took them them out for 36hrs and have now got it down to 69%, just checked. The hung dry is still at 73% in the jar so I'm giving it another 12hrs out of the jar.
So far i would say I like the bag method that little better, just for the smell really. You get a nice aroma quickly, hung dry smells crap at this stage. Plus it kept the smell down at harvest better than the hung dry. Keeps things a little tidier.

Nice harvest, you're going to have a steady supply soon.

So as far as those leaves go, I'm stumped. The first leave looks like simple nute burn on the edge or/and a touch of calcium def. But, it's not bad and leaf is dark green so i wouldn't treat it.

The second leave looks like maybe light damage

47ada49157d8040d01789b9a40f281fd.jpg

Especially if it starts as...., idk mellow? chlorosis, before it progresses. You can get all sorts of micro deficiency's when you get to close with LEDs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Light burn had crossed my mind, they are a touch to close to the lights, I have been a bit worried...mmmm... Time to think how to get the light up a few more inches.... Will have to wait until tomorrow the family are in bed but i think It can be done.

Back