Lighting Single Autocob Grow (2x2x4)

plants are looking really good @elcoloan ! looking forward to your end result.. Keep it up :thumbsup:.

what type of exhaust set up are you using? what are the temps during lights on/off with 1 cob?

just trying to get an idea as im about to start my own 2x2 journey soon :coffee: subbed!

Thanks for the good vibes!

i'm using a 12v pc fan as an exhaust but i'm saving for a better/actual extractor...
Temps are pretty much around room's temp of where i keep the tent.
When i kept it in a room with av. 24 C (75F), in the tent lowest temp was about 22C (71F) max was 28C (82F). The new room gets down to 16C (60F), the tent is 17 C (62F) with lights out, lights on lowest is 18 (64F) max is 22C (71F).
hope it helps.

Ughhhh... FYI... these two plants don't seem to be autos... both were bought in the same growshop, so I'm thinking it's their fault, but they just said it was strange... not even an apology...

any how, they are nice. the "bluematic" no longer gets light from the autocob but seems healthy with inderect sunlight from the window. the "auto AK" is still in the tent and its canopy sits about 10-12 inches from the autocob, around aweek ago i switched to 12/12 and psitils started popin out... finally!

Here's a pic taken yesterday (march 31st). clones are from the "auto AK":

20190330_135321.jpg

Attachments

• 20190327_101058.jpg
    20190327_101058.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
This is what the tent looks like today with the 97 days old (from moist paper) "auto ak". The autocob really is a potent light!!!! Don't underestimate it!

Pic taken today:
20190405_105310-jpg.1040322

This is what the tent looks like today with the 97 days old (from moist paper) "auto ak". The autocob really is a potent light!!!! Don't underestimate it!

Pic taken today:
20190405_105310-jpg.1040322

You made a waaaay better first cob start than me. Happy to see they work cuz i was getting doubts:shrug::oops1::cool1:.
I use one autocob 100 watt cree 3590 3500k in a little tent too.
And i have struggled like hell with the lamp distance (older grows were under the sun...and under a 350w apollo 10 led).
I dont see any good in the instructions about distance the lightproducer of mine published. At least their info did not worked for me! Weird cuz their lamps are well known over the EU...One RQS Jack auto got stunted big time (yielded great under the apollo) due to some burn i think. Nevertheless i will not hack your thread with my worries.
Intetesting what i see over here! You are welcome to take a look at mine.
I m in.:pop:
Good luck.

Last edited:
You made a waaaay better first cob start than me. Happy to see they work cuz i was getting doubts:shrug::oops1::cool1:.
I use one autocob 100 watt cree 3590 3500k in a little tent too.
And i have struggled like hell with the lamp distance (older grows were under the sun...and under a 350w apollo 10 led).
I dont see any good in the instructions about distance the lightproducer of mine published. At least their info did not worked for me! Weird cuz their lamps are well known over the EU...One RQS Jack auto got stunted big time (yielded great under the apollo) due to some burn i think. Nevertheless i will not hack your thread with my worries.
Intetesting what i see over here! You are welcome to take a look at mine.
I m in.:pop:
Good luck.

thanks for passing by! hack all you want!!

bummer the instructions of your light weren't useful... i gotta say the producer of my light (BigSm0) has been spot on with all his advice, and has been extremely patient with all my questions. Having had experience with 70 watt MH and HPS lights, and not trusting much in the LED hype, i was hesitant to buy this light, but i'm really really happy with it ... even convinced (quite easily i must say) a new group of friends to buy the 3x3 kit for a room their building on 4/20 and i might chip in for one more light for me!

btw, i was already following your thread.. really interested on seeing other 2x2 setups!

thanks @elcoloan.
every little info helps! cant wait to see how those non autos turn out.. sending you big bud vibes. :pass:
also about to start my first grow with the same set up:woohoo:. getting excited by the minute :frog:

if you start a journal, please tag me!!!

the light is now at 2.5 inches from the tallest top! 4 inches from the main stalk's top. i tried moving the loght away form them but they jsut strated growing towards the light... this plant loves the autocob!

20190415_085408-jpg.1045346

20190415_085051-jpg.1045329

20190415_085241-jpg.1045342

Last edited:
Have you waxed that bush ? She looks like she’s from the 70’s lol. Nice and healthy looking, good growing! I started with auto’s but now do both at the same time in the same space. I plant my auto’s & a month or so later I plant photos . When the auto’s are done I flip to 12/12 , works good for me . I’ve been running HSO master kush as it’s 90% indica, I’m not to crazy about plants that have been crossed to death !

Last edited:
Back