Lighting Single Autocob Grow (2x2x4)

thanks for passing by!

my tent is 56 inches tall, almost went with a 48 inch one but @BigSm0 had adviced me to go with as much height as possible and I see now why. in the 2x2 range, 56 inches was the tallest i found at the time and don't regret it at all... but maybe a bit taller would be nice to see a auto grow with out LSTing it.
with LST, so far, i've had no problems with height in here... my only issue is horizontal space.

bare in mind this lamp doesn't produce much heat, so maybe a taller tent will also be a colder one.

Gotcha, I’m pretty much in the same boat in terms of space. Though my 2x2 has a divider I can take out to make it into 2x3. I use the small side part for drying my harvest while still growing in the main part. Once that’s done I can open it up for space.

But ya, LST is a must for shorter tents like these. I just couldn’t find a taller one with a 2x3 footprint that I needed to fit my space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get a lot of messages each day where people ask me what size tent they should get. I always reply the same, twice as big as you think you need. This way in 6 months when this one is to small you skip a step when you upgrade the space again. Lol. I can’t count the times I have seen someone start in a 2x2 and end in a 4x8. Good thing is the lights always fit and it’s easy to add more as your room expands

I get a lot of messages each day where people ask me what size tent they should get. I always reply the same, twice as big as you think you need. This way in 6 months when this one is to small you skip a step when you upgrade the space again. Lol. I can’t count the times I have seen someone start in a 2x2 and end in a 4x8. Good thing is the lights always fit and it’s easy to add more as your room expands

Haha, I can totally see why. I think I was also told something similar when I was buying mine but it came down to footprint of the location where I could put it.
I think I’d be ok if the weather would warm up so my pomegranate plants and grapefruit tree could live outside and free up space :p

A week after last update:

This is what my Autocob has been giving me and I'm 100% sure results could be better with this light BUT I'm extremely happy with the results so far! I purposely underfeed my plants and last month's temps and RH changed drastically for worse, so I still can't believe how nice the plants are and I'm sure it's mainly thanks to the light! The younger one (Royal Bluematic) is not even directly under the light!

20190317_095437.jpg

20190318_080814.jpg

20190318_120924.jpg

Any how... thanks all for passing by... any suggestions are always welcomed!!

Last edited:
A week after last update:

This is what my autocob has been giving me and I'm 100% sure it could be better BUT I'm extremely happy with the results so far! I purposely underfeed my plants and last month's temps and RH changed drastically for worse, so I still can't believe how nice the plants are. Also the younger one (Royal Bluematic) is not directly under the light!

View attachment 1030854

View attachment 1030855
View attachment 1030856
Any how... thanks all for passing by... any suggestions are always welcomed!!
Nothing wrong with that at all. Beauty and healthy. Can’t ask for more!

Nothing wrong with that at all. Beauty and healthy. Can’t ask for more!
Thanks!
I'm simply amazed each day I see them again after waking up, especially compared to my 70 watt HPS past experiences... with the autocob it's somenew shoot or bigger leaf growing each day far deep into the plant and on top... and not under optimal feeding or environmental conditions!!! that just makes me so happy to know there still room to improve and that it's not even because of the light!

i think the best thing about having started growing again has been the light... thanks again man!

Haha, I can totally see why. I think I was also told something similar when I was buying mine but it came down to footprint of the location where I could put it.
I think I’d be ok if the weather would warm up so my pomegranate plants and grapefruit tree could live outside and free up space :p

i'm actually thinking about getting more autcobs but for other kinds of plants! i was only thinking about aromatic herbs (gotta have my basil :) a lemon grass always), but don't know why i haven't thought about fruits!!! would love a grapefruit plant!!

For sure @elcoloan !
I just went on a seed germinating rampage with my daughter last summer. Trying to see if seeds from random fruits we ate would germinate. Both the pomegranate and grapefruit are doing great. But i just recently had to pull both pomegranate plants out because they have outgrown my short tent and becoming a nuisance. Hopefully they will do fine in front of the window until summer decides to come.

plants are looking really good @elcoloan ! looking forward to your end result.. Keep it up :thumbsup:.

what type of exhaust set up are you using? what are the temps during lights on/off with 1 cob?

just trying to get an idea as im about to start my own 2x2 journey soon :coffee: subbed!

Back