Lighting Single Autocob Grow (2x2x4)

So a little report...
the Auto AK is now 26 days old. I think she's still doing fine, maybe a little underfed (cotyledons are starting to get yellow now) and I had to get the autocob a bit higher this morning because i believe the plant is starting to show light stress symptoms (tips of new growth look light/white, the base of the blades of newer growth looks crinky, higher leaves tstarting to canoe).

I don't think can go any higher now... the autocob is 1 1/2 inches from the tent's ceiling, 36 inches from the plant's top.

20190128_070510.jpg

20190128_070517.jpg

... Your likely like me and fret and worry over every little change. ...

hahahha yes i do fret and worry over any weird change i see. just many new things for me now: new type of light (used to use HID), new type of plant (first auto for me), new growing medium (used to do normal Hempy with perlite and vermiculite, now using only coco), new deficiencies (never had cal or mag problems before!)...
BUT I'm very happy with all these new things i have, lot's to learn!... specially the light!!!!

hahahha yes i do fret and worry over any weird change i see. just many new things for me now: new type of light (used to use HID), new type of plant (first auto for me), new growing medium (used to do normal Hempy with perlite and vermiculite, now using only coco), new deficiencies (never had cal or mag problems before!)...
BUT I'm very happy with all these new things i have, lot's to learn!... specially the light!!!!
I basically keep them at that height through most of veg and let the girls grow upto the light. Once flowering hits, they can be adjusted a little but I never get closer than 24 inches unless I’m just playing around to see what will happen.

yeah, still at 36 inches with this auto ak that isn't preflowering yet (32 days old) and light any closer seems to get her little stressed.
she's running so slow and small i think i should get another seed going. still trying to choose if an auto or photo.
feeding 0.8 EC of MG + Cal-Mag pro.

20190204_090148.jpg
20190204_090347.jpg

So, a small update... the Autocob light is now at 35 inches from the auto ak's top.

Plant's 41 days old now (last day of week 6). A few little pistils are now visible.

I plan to start two new seeds next week, 1 auto and 1 photo. The auto will be the Royal Bluematic from RQS, the photo I'm still trying to decide between Black D.O.G. from HSO , or Purple Afghan Kush or White Widow from Dinafem.
My plan is to vegetate and mainline the photo while the autos are doing their thing under 20/4 or 18/6... so once both autos are done, i will flip the autocob into 12/12 for the photo. I hope i can do this for a while, i mean, grow an auto or two while I veg+mainline a photo.

what do you think??

This is what the auto ak looks like now after a week under my lovely 65 watt 3500k autocob:
20190213_085905.jpg
20190213_085859.jpg
20190213_084753.jpg
20190213_084937.jpg

Last edited:
Looks healthy even though it’s going slow for ya.

yup... the slowness was from day one of germination, but it is also my fault: initial mistakes since it's my first auto... plus constant stressing by tying down stems and leaves...but i just can't help my self... i love LST, specially with the autocob... that's why i need a photo at the same time to play around with heheheh

i hope i can someday learn how to train autos properly though

yup... the slowness was from day one of germination, but it is also my fault: initial mistakes since it's my first auto... plus constant stressing by tying down stems and leaves...but i just can't help my self... i love LST, specially with the autocob... that's why i need a photo at the same time to play around with heheheh

Check out mephisto section two growers seabass and ribbzy master trainers and they don’t take extra long either actually usually right in with meph time schedules.

I love it too so far through my first grow nothing is better than tying them down and tucking the leaves. Fun stuff!

Back