1st Try: Dbl Grape, Straw Nugs, Samsquanch & Mango Smile Day 1 - 65

Maybe next grow consider skipping the soil, worm casings, etc. - to me just adds too many uncertainties and uncontrolled aspects. And if you mess up, unlike with soil the problem can generally be diagnosed and addressed fairly quickly. Maybe use coco or other non-soil media with a simple base feed regimen, such as 2-part MegaCrop or other proven popular feed [vs. using "compost tea (water, worm castings, molasses, and a bit of chicken manure & powdered eggshells)" for which you have no real idea what it actually contains, whether it's consistent from batch to batch, whether your brewing and introducing microbial pathogens or imbalances in your soil, etc.

Or if you stick with soil use just 1 product as your media (avoid mixing different products), such as use a widely available soil with proven feeding regimens/schedules using commercial (vs. homemade) base nutes.

Also, with your AC Infinity wicking bases consider adding more wicks/ropes. I have 5 or 6 wicks/ropes vs. the 2 you are using (which is what the co. instructs). I get better wicking with more wicks; and otherwise I found top layers (of 5 and 7 gallon bags) to dry out too much, get hydrophobic, with just a measly 2 wicks. And I can add a good amount more perlite than normally (better media aeration) and still get good wicking throughout the bag. Most any woven cotton or nylon rope will work, but if you want rope sold for plant wicking it's readily available such as on Amazon.

Last edited:
I am far from an expert and there are way more knowledgeable people here....

I started simple and slowly added as things got dialed in. It's really the only way to know how the plants are responding to what you do.

Back