New Grower Seedsman Auto Kush

Hey Equatorial,
She's at 25 days now. I get those voices in your head hahaha.. :crying: I'm a new grower as well and I guess as new growers we research as much as we can only to find strong yes's and no's on certain techniques .. I just figure you gotta give it a go sometimes and see if it works for you.. It's also good for things to go wrong in a way, you learn how to fix and become a better grower for it IMO.. I did leaf tucking mostly on my last grow and it was fine, did defol a few leaves in the end though just to get more light to the lower branches.. It worked well for me :coffee:

Oh.. and I'm a chick.. but you can call me bro if you want hahahaha :smoking:

Haha....bro, dude, guys, man, buddy etc....the common salutations on forums it seems. My bad, sista Ava!

I will be trying defo for sure. But since it’s my first grow and already heavily stunted 1/6th of my plants, gonna wait till week 4 at least which is a few days from now. I will have to remember your girls are older than mine by a day.

To us getting better at this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Equatorial,
She's at 25 days now. I get those voices in your head hahaha.. :crying: I'm a new grower as well and I guess as new growers we research as much as we can only to find strong yes's and no's on certain techniques .. I just figure you gotta give it a go sometimes and see if it works for you.. It's also good for things to go wrong in a way, you learn how to fix and become a better grower for it IMO.. I did leaf tucking mostly on my last grow and it was fine, did defol a few leaves in the end though just to get more light to the lower branches.. It worked well for me :coffee:

Oh.. and I'm a chick.. but you can call me bro if you want hahahaha :smoking:
I'm right there with you, being new to the game and trying things for learning sake.

I think this plant will try to live no matter what you do to it so it's just finding what works for you. Imo there isn't a wrong way grow unless your technique doesnt grow a plant.

Some people are stuck in the mindset that yields need to be maximized, while that's a good thing for me and many others, I think there should be room in the growing community for people who grow for the art of growing. People who grow tiny little plants, grow plants they want to shape, grow out their males, etc.

Sorry I went on a bit of a tangent, but just had those thoughts in my head after reading your post.

Thanks so much dudeski, I've been taking photos for a long time.. Not a professional but I did work in the camera's and imaging business for over 15yrs... I have taken millions of pics of flora in my time.. love landscapes, portraits anything really.. I'm hoping for this grow to clean up the room I have all my equipment in and get the lighting set up properly this time.. Just need to pull my finger out haha.. Here's a couple of my other pics for you :thumbsup:

View attachment 864835 View attachment 864836 View attachment 864837 View attachment 864842
Very nice pics, very nice.

I'm right there with you, being new to the game and trying things for learning sake.

I think this plant will try to live no matter what you do to it so it's just finding what works for you. Imo there isn't a wrong way grow unless your technique doesnt grow a plant.

Some people are stuck in the mindset that yields need to be maximized, while that's a good thing for me and many others, I think there should be room in the growing community for people who grow for the art of growing. People who grow tiny little plants, grow plants they want to shape, grow out their males, etc.

Sorry I went on a bit of a tangent, but just had those thoughts in my head after reading your post.

I believe there is not perfect way to grow. I never compare myself to the "masters" here on AFN. I listen, read and then see what works for me.
My motto is simple, Weed will grow unless YOU kill it. weed is very hard to kill BTW. I have tried :crying:

Im on my 3rd grow. Babies are just popping.

Haha....bro, dude, guys, man, buddy etc....the common salutations on forums it seems. My bad, sista Ava!

I will be trying defo for sure. But since it’s my first grow and already heavily stunted 1/6th of my plants, gonna wait till week 4 at least which is a few days from now. I will have to remember your girls are older than mine by a day.

To us getting better at this!

What strains are you growing? Will have to check out :d5:

Very nice pics, very nice.

I believe there is not perfect way to grow. I never compare myself to the "masters" here on AFN. I listen, read and then see what works for me.
My motto is simple, Weed will grow unless YOU kill it. weed is very hard to kill BTW. I have tried :crying:

Im on my 3rd grow. Babies are just popping.

Thank you Nosias.. And yes exactly, you just gotta try things out for sure :thumbsup:

I totally agree.. Until recently I hadn't smoked in years, and even now I only need 1 toke to feel the effects.. So definitely don't need to grow for yield size haha.. But whatever you get is a bonus so long as she's healthy

What strains are you growing? Will have to check out :d5:

Thank you Nosias.. And yes exactly, you just gotta try things out for sure :thumbsup:

All bought from Seedsman too but only White Widow bred by them. Other 2 are Amnesia Haze from Expert Seeds and Pineapple Express from FastBuds. Needless to say, all are autos.

Already managed to stunt one WW badly hoping for a few grams tops? Hope she’ll prove me wrong.

Others are doing well except I broke the main stem of a PE today....lol

First Time Auto Growing Near Equator, Need Help!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...-Near-Equator,-Need-Help!.63856/&share_type=t

Bad news.. I broke the main stem doing LST.. Not having much time and rushing, didn't notice until the leaves were drooping, must've happened the day prior. Taped it this morning but still droopy when I got home, do I just cut it off and count my losses? :wall: Good news is.. the rest of her is looking good and loving life! So around the 4 week mark now and she still hasn't started to flower, just keeps spitting out new leaves.. is supposed to be an auto but if not autoing.. do I switch to 12/12? She is a thirsty one too..

This is where I taped the stem
DSC_5065-5.jpg

DSC_5069-1.jpg

Here you can see the main cola, droopy.. limp and almost lifeless
DSC_5063-31.jpg

DSC_5073-21.jpg

:wall:
DSC_5067-41.jpg

Last edited:
That sucks. I'd give her a little more time. If she doesn't show any signs of bouncing back by tomorrow or gets a lot worse then you know. Of course I could be wrong. These plants are amazing survivors. My Kush from Seedsman got pretty big before it started flowering.

Back