New Grower Second Auto Grow - Crop King Seeds - Early Miss & White Widow

Masterful job! I think it was the perfect amount. You can clearly see that all foliage and buds are exposed to precious light! I think this was a perfectly timed move!

Thanks @Iriee Vibez

Of course I got ripped and went in the tent before reading your replies @archie gemmill @Vapo69

I took a lot of but think it's within reason. Maybe closer to 8". Took a lot of crossing shoots off the inside that weren't budding and that had no chance of ever reaching the top or seeing light. That was pretty much my general rule, if there was no hairs on the end of the shoot I took it. It looks much better now however think it still will need another round in a few days. Hope I didn't overdo it

Early Miss -Day 107

View attachment 995200
View attachment 995199
View attachment 995198
...personally dude, I wouldn't take so much away in one fell swoop, this late in the grow, but that's me lol...:crying:..and looking at the canopy picture, I have to agree with @Iriee Vibez that you have done a good job at the right time:smiley1:....she looks great..:astar:

I guess I haven’t popped in lately...holy shit you’ve been busy! Congrats on the WW harvest :slap: really beautiful looking plant there. The shelf looks great! And EM ... :drool: I think the defoliation worked out perfectly, but I’ve been known to wield the scissors myself.

Thanks @Iriee Vibez @davisgirl @Vapo69

Good lesson to learn for next time. Though process was to take off a lot of the shoots that haven't even started throwing pistols yet. I figure at this point if it hasn't started then it never will. I had also just finished trimming a bunch of loose popcorn buds on the WW before putting it into jars and told myself I didn't want to grow little fluffy buds at the bottom of stalks again lol. I figured all the stuff crossing the inside was mold potential and needed to be gone before flowering really kicks in to help increase airflow. It's a big plant so hopefully she handle's it well. I guess I'll find out soon, next time I'll do it in slower increments. Maybe with all that extra material removed it will help fatten the buds at the top of the canopy

Thanks @Iriee Vibez @davisgirl @Vapo69

Good lesson to learn for next time. Though process was to take off a lot of the shoots that haven't even started throwing pistols yet. I figure at this point if it hasn't started then it never will. I had also just finished trimming a bunch of loose popcorn buds on the WW before putting it into jars and told myself I didn't want to grow little fluffy buds at the bottom of stalks again lol. I figured all the stuff crossing the inside was mold potential and needed to be gone before flowering really kicks in to help increase airflow. It's a big plant so hopefully she handle's it well. I guess I'll find out soon, next time I'll do it in slower increments. Maybe with all that extra material removed it will help fatten the buds at the top of the canopy

I would have done the exact same thing, Mav! The plant will focus its energy on the buds that can reach the light, and you will more than make up for any lost popcorn buds with more weight in the colas. The plant may very well be a top gainer! Very interested to check this out.

On my first grow, I had so much larf that I did the same thing early on. Nice job!

I would have done the exact same thing, Mav! The plant will focus its energy on the buds that can reach the light, and you will more than make up for any lost popcorn buds with more weight in the colas. The plant may very well be a top gainer! Very interested to check this out.

On my first grow, I had so much larf that I did the same thing early on. Nice job!

Thanks, that's good to hear. I'm hoping it'll be a good gainer as well especially with how long I've put into this plant. It seems to be budding up quickly so that makes me feel better at least. PH in the pot has been a bit low the last couple days so I've backed off the nutes a bit and have been doing some higher PH'd waterings/feedings to try to bring things back up. It's sitting around 6 right now. Thinking about grabbing some oyster shell powder or quick acting lime but don't think I'm that bad yet. I think this grow has dragged on for so long that the original soil lime has worn off. I have been running a fair bit of microbes so am not sure if the active soil is playing a part as well. Or maybe salt buildup. Tomorrow is recharge day so maybe that will help?

If anyone has any opinions or input I'd love to hear it, thank you all for tagging along

It's been a while since my last update so thought I'd post some photos. Budding has been filling in nicely and I'm quite impressed with the frost level so far. I top dressed with oyster shell flour about a week ago to assist with the pot PH. Things seem to have settled a bit as I also did some higher PH watering/feeding. Tip burn has gotten worse in the last couple weeks so I've been backing off the PPM's when feeding to try to wrangle that in. It seems most feeding schedules call for increasing PPM's at this stage of bloom however I have found the opposite. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I also found this same issue happen in my photo tent around the same time. It's the beginning of week 5 since the switch to 12/12. I also dimmed the lights a bit as it appeared the leaves directly below the light were lightening in colour. As well I have continued to defoliate the top to get light down into the middle sections however this hasn't been close to as drastic as that previous round where I might have overdone it. It was tough getting her in and out of the tent today so I'm thinking she will he housebound soon and I may have to spin the tent so I can get access from the back to water the clones. I'm especially impressed with the frost level on the clones that are on the shelf. I wonder if it has to do with lower lighting? I assumed the ones under the heavier direct light would have been the frostiest.

That's everything I can think of for now.

Early Miss - Day 118
Early Miss (clones) - Day 58 (from clipping)

EMDAY118B.jpg

EMDAY118A.jpg
EMDAY118C.jpg

Early Miss (clones) - Day 58 (from clipping)

EMCLONEDAY58C.jpg

EMSOLOCLONEDAY58.jpg
EMCLONEDAY58A.jpg
EMCLONEDAY58B.jpg

Looking sweet! If those buds stack on that big girl, as they look like they want to... watch out!

Back