I'm glad to have you along for the journey! My 3 lights are one 55 watt, 6500k Autocob in the middle and a 70w, 3500k cob build of my own. One on each side. I let them share the 6500k between them the whole grow. No lights were ever directly over the main cola. I felt it would be too intense. Now im not getting enough light near the bottom but I'm letting them grow. Now I have another AK baby and a new 6500k Autocob in the rear. It's directly over it and does light the lower of the other AK. I will see how this one stretches!

My disadvantage is I grow at my friends. He is over 80 and will water what I tell him too but not much else. Training is about out of the question as I only see him 2 days a week. He loves to look at the buds because he knows they will be smoked soon. But you let one get a deficiency and it sends him for a loop, like his whole world is shattered! It's so funny . We usually just grow 2, for ease of work on him and nothing is usually cramped.

This is one reason why I had to go water only,he would not ph anything. Wouldn't even practice on water. That's been a blessing
Yeah that does restrict you in your possibilities somewhat, especially regarding high intensity feeding and training techniques, but not necessarily a bad thing either. ;) At least you don't get surprise "interventions" happening between visits :D haha
And I imagine you two must have a lovely relationship too, so it's about much more than just growing out plants too :thumbsup:

Wow you sure are giving the Crees a workout! But it gives you a total of 140W of 3500°K plus 55W of 6500°K (and now another one of those from the side) - which should actually be enough for two plants, at least to not be the source of such tremendous stretch... I liked to refer back to Tang's grows when I went to determine my own COB setup, he was using 75(veg)-150W worth of COB light per 2 plants, always having them all running in his closet of 4, so of course they were complementing each other too. So actually you should be golden, minus of course that unknown amount of light not getting to the plants due to dispersion :D But as said, just a thought ;)

Cheers! :pass:

Yeah that does restrict you in your possibilities somewhat, especially regarding high intensity feeding and training techniques, but not necessarily a bad thing either. ;) At least you don't get surprise "interventions" happening between visits :D haha
And I imagine you two must have a lovely relationship too, so it's about much more than just growing out plants too :thumbsup:

Wow you sure are giving the Crees a workout! But it gives you a total of 140W of 3500°K plus 55W of 6500°K (and now another one of those from the side) - which should actually be enough for two plants, at least to not be the source of such tremendous stretch... I liked to refer back to Tang's grows when I went to determine my own COB setup, he was using 75(veg)-150W worth of COB light per 2 plants, always having them all running in his closet of 4, so of course they were complementing each other too. So actually you should be golden, minus of course that unknown amount of light not getting to the plants due to dispersion :D But as said, just a thought ;)

Cheers! :pass:
I always appreciate another's insight to the grow! A different perspective is a good thing. I think I kept the cobs a little high early on and I believe that the plants responded to the 6500k by really growing in veg!

My buddy has known me since a little kid. He's an old hippy, smokes like a locomotive but a really good guy.

Ooo your evening jam is my good morning music! :D :vibe:

I always appreciate another's insight to the grow! A different perspective is a good thing. I think I kept the cobs a little high early on and I believe that the plants responded to the 6500k by really growing in veg!

My buddy has known me since a little kid. He's an old hippy, smokes like a locomotive but a really good guy.
Aww, just as I was imagining! Lucky!

Yeha not sure about the 6500K, it's actually used to reduce stretch in photoperiods - flipping the schedule but not the spectrum until they're really flowering...
whatever!!! lol I actually don't have a clue regarding lights, why am I even talking?!?! lmao :pighug:

Cheers!

Back